“OK if you're stuck”

Ranked #826 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Stockholm, Sweden
“OK if you're stuck”
Reviewed 6 July 2008

I stayed in a single room as a walk-in guest and received about 5% discount from the rack rate (for the last available room). The room was a decent size, and it had a nice view of the square across the road. The air conditioning unit worked really well. There was a kettle with tea and nescafe. These are the only real positives. Everything else was either average or below average.

In particular, as mentioned by others, sound travels from the other rooms. Also, the water pressure in the shower was minimal.

If you are stuck and want to avoid a B&B, then this might work for a short stay. Otherwise I would recommend looking around for something with better value-for-money.

Wireless Internet was available (approx 9 pounds for 24 hours' access).

• Liked — The view of the square.
  • Disliked — Thin walls and very weak water pressure.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2008

I was booked into this hotel for a one night stay through my work. I read the reviews and arrived, slightly wary as to what I'd find. I've stayed in plenty of London hotels, and I have to say that as hotels go, this was OK. It's not great, but my stay wasn't bad either.

My taxi driver informed my that this is in Pimlico, not Westminster, but it's not far outside Westminster if that is the case.

The welcome was polite and prompt - better than I'm used too.

The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was light (outside windows for a change!) and also clean. They had those nasty sachets of shower gel etc, so I was glad I had my own.

Breakfast wasn't amazing, but it was cooked to order. They offer Fairtrade coffee, but that appears to be tokenistic. No Fairtrade tea, nor Fairtrade coffee in the rooms, and no other sign of a more ethical approach than anyone else.

Overall, a good night's sleep and acceptable breakfast. Value for money wasn't great, but this was the start of Wimbledon week, so you won't find vfm then anyway!

• Liked — The stay was better than some previous reviewers suggested
  • Disliked — NOt close to a Tube station - a problem if you have luggage!
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank SR-SHZJ
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2008

I stayed here for 1 night in June 2008, choosing a double room for single occupancy. The first room I was allocated seemed reasonable as I entered.

However, it soon became apparent that the walls on all sides were paper thin. Not only could I hear my neighbours televisions, but intimate details of the conversations they were having - they were only speaking at a normal level.

Fearing that I would get absolutely no sleep I wenty to the reception desk to ask to move rooms. They did move m,e, but to a single room that had many faults: The wardrobe hangers were falling off the rails, but more importantly the en-suite bathroom was so small that I had to sit side-on to the toilet as I could not sit in a normal position. I am not tall - 5ft 4 in tall!

Had it not been 11.30pm at this point I would have left to find somewhere more pleasant to stay. The service I received was definitely not worth the £120 per night my company paid.

Breakfast was pretty average for a 3-star hotel, nothing special. I won't ever return to this hell hole of a hotel!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — paper thin walls & very small room
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank Danny Boy 123

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2008

Bog standard hotel in a central and good location. The staff are ok and quite friendly but the room was small and pretty dirty, the food bad and the beers pricey. If you are staying here though just walk out of the main doors turn right and keep walking around the corner for a number of good pubs and places to eat.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank rhyd78
MN
Reviewed 30 May 2008

A friendly warning to all you travelers out there!Do not stay at this hotel.For starters the pictures they put on the web do not at all look like the hotel room that you get.The hotel room did not look like anything the picture showed.The bed was very small for 2 people to sleep in,the blanket on the bed is enough for one person to cover up with.The bathroom shower flow is a drip,oh yeah no washcloth is provided at this hotel whatsoever.The staff are rude,asked them a question acted like i was a bother to them.On the day we checked out we looked at our bill there was a breakfast charge on there,we never had any breakfast.The staff looked at us like we were lying about the charge.Save your hard earned money and stay somewhere elseOne more thing the cleaning people go around and knock on the door to see if they can clean the room at 7am in the morning.I am not a very picky person but i will say this this hotel needs a good shakedown on the way it treats travelers.It is sad that a hotel in this primelocation of Victoria station is such a unprofessional hotel.P.S.This hotel should not even say the word Quality,just wanna let ya all know down the street theres a comfort inn on the corner across from Georges .pub may wanna book your room there.Thanks for listening to my input on this dump.

• Liked — It was close to Victoria Station
  • Disliked — all of it i disliked
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank shoegirlMn
jdhlsmith06
Reviewed 21 April 2008

We went as a large group to London, England, to perform with our school orchestra at Cambridge University. The location of the Hotel was perfect. However, the service and cleanliness left much to be desired. One of our group members contacted bed bugs and had to go to the doctor while there. She was not even given an apology and was told NO REFUNDS. They did, however, move her to another room -- wasn't that thoughtful?!! The staff seem to resent having to clean our rooms and give us linens and towels. I asked for an extra set of towels one evening and was told I would not receive clean towels the next morning because I had been given the extra set!

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone because of the poor service and lack of respect we received while there!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Service and Cleanliness
  • Stayed April 2008
USA
Reviewed 9 April 2008

This hotel is in a great location....close to Victoria Station, making buses, the tube, and sightseeing easily accessible. It appears to be clean, but there was a case of bedbugs during our stay. The lady was bitten horribly on any exposed skin while she was sleeping. The bedbugs were discovered crawling up the wall and nesting in a corner of the room.
It appeared that many of the hotel employees spoke very little English so this made conversation about room needs very difficult.
The rooms are small, but the features vary. Most rooms have two single beds or one double bed. I think it is safe to say that the hotel is very old, appears to be clean (except for the bedbug issue), and is probably a fairly good deal for the price and location. The free continental breakfast had a good selection of food, but the employees seemed irritated when having to unlock a door for someone or do anything above and beyond the call of duty. The hotel simply meets minimal standards, with toilets that didn't work well, something that resembled sewage fumes in another room, and problems that develop in an old hotel. The name "QUALITY HOTEL" is very misleading...to say the least. I would not want to stay there again and take a chance on bedbugs and other issues.

• Liked — internet access, location, continental breakfast
  • Disliked — uncaring attitude of employees
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Management75, Management at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, 5 June 2008
Thank you for your review.

We would like to point out that the issue with bed bugs is not a common occurence. Bed bugs are not native to the UK and are unfortunately very difficult to detect before becoming a problem. This can happen in any hotel in any city of the world and is not a reflection on hotel cleanliness or standards. Once we were made aware of the problem our specialist contractors were called in, the room put out of use and a severe heat treatment was applied to the room to eradicte the problem. Since this action was taken we have had no further incidents of this kind and are satisfied that the issue has been solved.

naturally we do apologise for any inconvenience the lady concerned suffered and send her our best regards.