“Do not go there”

Ranked #942 of 1,088 Hotels in London
nottingham england
“Do not go there”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I booked a twin & a single room at this hotel for one night. I was given the card key for the single room, opened the door to see a naked lady sat on the bed. I don't know who was more surprised. On returning to reception I was given a key to a second room, this time the security guard opened the door, had a quick look round & told me to go in. After closing the door I went to put my luggage down & to my horror there was a suitcase on the floor along with a few other things. By this time I was in tears, had to wake my sister & her partner to help sort the mess out. The staff were the most rude, unapologetic, disorganised, disinterested people I've ever met. I was offered £20 off the bill plus a free drink & breakfast. I ended up sharing a room with my sister & her partner in tears, too afraid to sleep by myself. The rooms are dirty, old, carpets are disgusting. The restaurant is a disgrace, the carpet has large stains on it. On a whole we had a night from hell in this place. I have stayed in better hostels. No one deserves to be treated so disgustingly.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank scillonions
Pritam K, General Manager at Euro Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter, But would appreciate if you can contact me directly to discuss this further on 02086536622 or Pritam@eurohotelsgroup.co.uk.

Pritam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I've stayed at the Euro Hotel in Crystal Palace on quite a few occasions whilst travelling in London. The rooms are fairly basic but clean and perfectly functional if you're looking for an inexpensive short stay in London.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nawanda2013

Kind regards,
Wimborne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed in the queens hotel for one nights stay. 12/7/2014. When we arrived we were feeling positive as from the out side it looks nice. The staff in reception were very grumpy rather than welcoming. We were only using the hotel as a base for our trip to the city so we roughed it there for a night but never again. We had two rooms different sides of the hotel as we travelled with another couple. Room was very hot, air conditioning does not exist, they have fans on the wall that were very shabby and full of dust on the back. The paint work in the rooms looked like it had been done in a 10 minute tea break by a child. The toilet was not very clean, the bathrooms were in a disgusting condition with gaps in tiles that have been painted over. The smell of ammonia when we run the cold tap in the sink made us gag. All I can say is thank god we were only staying one night. We don't like being negative about about any business, this is not 3 stars. Sorry Queens Hotel but you guys need to pull your fingers out.

Room Tip: If you want to go to the city pay a little more and don't stay at this hotel.
3 Thank Jim D

Pritam

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Rochester
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel looks very nice on the outside but it's a different story on the inside!!

Parking spaces are shockingly small, beds are very uncomfortable, there is absolutely no sound proofing in this hotel!! I could hear floors creaking and doors slamming from 6.30am. The noisiest hotel I've ever stayed in by far!!!
Room looked run down and could do with a lick of paint.
I would never stay in this hotel again and couldn't wait to get of there!

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Asher-j84

Warsaw, Poland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

My boyfriend and I spent a week in this hotel. At first we thought it wasn't as bad as some of the reviews made it seem. Everything in the room was old and not very clean but we weren't expecting much for this price. On our fifth night we noticed bed bugs. We informed the hotel staff and were taken aback by their... lack of surprise. They must have known they gave us a bug infested room! Granted, we were immediately given a better room, but the general feeling of disgust remains. We both still have nasty bites and are paranoid that we might have brought some of the bugs home. I expect I won't sleep much until I make sure there are no bugs in my bed.

Room Tip: To choose a good room... choose a different hotel.
4 Thank kigakiga
Pritam K, General Manager at Euro Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2014

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel for four nights with my wife and I have no hesitation to mention that we enjoyed our stay and found their service very satisfactory. My wife, who was traveling from Bangladesh, asked me to book a nice hotel with a large room and a clean bathroom. As we live in Glasgow, our plan was to spend five days in London before returning to Glasgow on my wife's return journey from Dhaka via London.

I knew my wife would be tired and a good hotel would mean a lot to her. However, booking a hotel for four nights in London was also very pricey for me. So, I searched on a booking site and found this hotel at a very fordable cost (£36 per night). I was initially a bit skeptical because of the price but when we stepped into our room, I just loved it. We had a large room with TV. The bathroom was very clean, shiny looking and equipped with modern fittings. During our stay in this hotel, we always found the room very clean and they regularly changed bedsheets and towels. Honestly speaking, at some stage, we started getting a feeling like home!

I stayed there a year ago and the breakfast was included in the price then (however, now it's not included as I just checked its price on the same booking site). I wouldn't highly speak about the breakfast but it was 'good'. I can recall, during our stay I invited my cousin and his wife to join us for a mini party and we got food in. I was slightly afraid that other people might make complaints but that didn't happen.

This hotel has a room to keep your luggage safe and secure where you can drop off your bags and easily go to explore London even if you check out. We used this facility when we checked in and also the day we checked out. The location is also ideal for traveling to and from Central London as Crystal Palace is a hub for London Bus and Crystal Palace station is served by both National Railway (that we used to go to Victoria to catch bus to Glasgow) and London Overground. We particularly used the Overground by purchasing zone 2 and 3 tickets. This area is an overlap on zone 3 and 4 that allows you to buy ticket for zone 4 and 5 too, if you wish to explore outer side of the London.

Overall, my wife and I loved our stay in this hotel and would love to be back again. It's slightly weird seeing many bad reviews about this hotel but what I just wrote is my honest opinion and also based on my real experience that I gathered during my stay in this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I booked a room for Saturday night for my husband and I. Hotel looked good from outside and the reception was quite clean. I had booked and executive double which promised to be "recently refurbished" with air-con. The room was horrid, there were burn marks on the curtains and cracked tiles in the bathroom. There was no air-con (although the window was open)! My husband didn't want a fuss so I agreed that if the bed was comfy I wouldn't complain. Unfortunately when we laid on the bed our feet were actually higher than our heads!! I looked to see if someone had removed a leg off the bed it was that bad. When I complained I was told that the hotel was full and there was nothing they could do. I told the receptionist that I would be making a formal complaint and took his name. As soon as I arrived back to the room, he rang and upgraded us to their "deluxe" room. The bed was flat and it had air-con, but I still would not stay here again. The staff were rude, the deluxe room most certainly was not deluxe. Peeling paint, broken windows and not enough room to swing a cat!

5 Thank trappitt
Pritam K, General Manager at Euro Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014