“Very intimidating for single female”
Review of Euro Queens Hotel

Euro Queens Hotel
Ranked #935 of 1,069 Hotels in London
“Very intimidating for single female”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I felt intimidated and nervous before I'd even got to reception today. There were hoards of scruffy men speaking a multiude of languages and I dislliked being so overtly stared at. I checked in and called my friends who came to get me. As another review said it was like a DSS hostel or refugee camp, I didn't even unpack my bag as sleeping on a friends floor in a room being decorated is suddenly more appealing and certainly won't be any dirtier.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
13 Thank Fleurzz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Just returned from a working weekend in Crystal Palace. Found this hotel on booking.com, checked reviews and although not too good, figured well its only one night and all we wanted were basic "digs" to get our head down after a days work. This hotel is a hostel for asylum seekers and refugees. Which would have been fine had we have been given this information and allowed then to make a conscious decision whether or not to stay at this hostel. There is only one area of Wi-fi which is near the front entrance / reception area and this is absolutely full to capacity with the hostel guests who apparently LIVE there. This can be quite intimidating as a woman walking into a reception area where there are over 50 men hanging around the doorways, reception area, and taking up every inch of space in the foyer. DO NOT BOOK bed and breakfast as the diner is more like a large banqueting suite which is full of asylum seekers and refugees being fed for free and as hotel guests and not HOSTEL guests you are expected to pay £7.99!! to eat the same as what is being given away for free! That is if you can find a table. Each table seated 8-10 and there was atleast 30 tables, all of which were full with moms, dads children etc. and the smell of body odour in this room was intoxicating!! Our room itself was clean and very basic, which was fine and all we expected. However after using the straightners on my hair this was setting off the smoke alarm!! Security came to the room and was trying to force himself past my husband and into our room where i was not fully clothed!! We were then told to open windows!! The alarm continued to go off as I continued to finish my hair! noise deafening!! and then to add insult to injury the Manager telephoned me up shouting at me to stop whatever it was I was doing! and angry that I would not let the security man in when I was not dressed!! This is the Worst Hotel we have ever had the misfortune to stay in!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
33 Thank karen w

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Lies in advertising (free parking they said, but was £5 per day). Free wifi they said, but this was only available at reception and was very poor to non-existent).
Rude staff, abrupt, snappy.
They also neglected to tell us we'd be woken by jack hammering at 8am each day.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Brian J
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Me and my wife stayed at the Queens Hotel in Crystal Palace, we hade a double room for 1 night & were charged £105 .

As soon as we got there it was awful .

The room was outdated & we can here everything from the room next door , no sound insulation !

The bed was broken and the TV never worked, worst still we had no hot water the following morning to have a bath or shower.

I cannot believe this hotel is still open, it should be shut down as it's a complete rip off.

We both agreed it would have been better to sleep in our car & save ourselves the £105 instead we suffered, please avoid this place, you will be disappointed .

Room Tip: No rooms at all as all are bad
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Adam L
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The staff were miserable but the room was recently renovated and nice and cool. It wasn't clean at all and very small. I struggled to get into the shower (you had to squeeze past the toilet through the door) but the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

It's 11.29pm, I've got work in the morning and there are children screaming and shouting outside the queens hotel. This isn't a one off, many times I've had to ring over and ask the hotel receptionist to ask the children to go to bed, where are the parents/teachers.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends