“Choose this one over the other Premier Inn in Kensington.”

Premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) Hotel
Ranked #273 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Choose this one over the other Premier Inn in Kensington.”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

After having stayed in both the Premier Inns in Kensington, I found this one to be better. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable, however we were in the basement so it was a bit dark. If we had been staying for more than one night, I would have asked for a room change. Bathroom was also a bit small. Breakfast was ok, eggs were freezing cold and hash browns were greasy but the rest of it was fine. The location is good, around the corner from Earl's Court underground.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Herman B, Manager at Premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the time you have taken to review us on Trip Advisor. My apologies about the cold breakfast but I hope this wouldn't deter you from staying with us in the future.

Please do not hesitate to let us know incase you experience any issue during your stay which we can resolve straight away. At this instance we could have changed the food and served you fresh and hot. However this advice could only help for your future stays in Premier inns.

Nevertheless I sincerely apologise at this instance and hoping to see you again at our hotel.

Warm regards,
Hiron Anakapalli.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Deutschland
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I was travelling alone and felt secure and well looked after! The staff was very friendly and polite, the room had a good size and was very modern. The only thing one might critisize was the heating as I switched it off at night because of the noise. But I have to confess that I am very (!!)sensitive concerning this. Some other person might not even notice it.

All in one it was a pleasant stay and I would go there anytime I am in London as it is close to Earl's Court (Picadilly, Circle and District Line) and enables you to be in the City center in about 15min.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor and I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Looking forward to see you again at our hotel.

Thank you very much.

Shannon, Ireland
Reviewed 3 January 2013

just back from a family holiday stay for 5 nights.We arrived at about 11am we were told the room was not ready and would have to wait mabye half an hour we were aware that check in was at 2 so we said we would wait after about 5min our room was ready. Staff were excellent, very polite helped us 2 book tickets to a show,and great to help with directions to where ever we wanted to go.Food was good A very comfortable hotel.Will definately go back.Keep up the good work.Great staff.

Room Tip: corner room nice and big.1 big double bed and 2 single beds and still plenty of floor space.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Maria C
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback and I would certainly pass on your comments to the Team. We take pride in our standards and service of our hotel. Comments like yours is the actual reward we seek which is the most important driving factor for us.

Thank you very much for taking time to review us and hopefully we will see again in future.

Regards,
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I would fully recommend anybody to stay at this hotel when staying or visiting London as the staff where very helpful and very friendly as me and the rest of our party are from shropshire and never visited London the staff were more then happy to help us find our way around and to also give us ideas of things to do and see. I must also comment that after checking out and travelling home I had realised that I had left money in my room and to the credit of the staff they were more then helpful in finding the money and even had it returned to me (shropshire) the following day. This should relieve any doubts of trust towards this hotel that anybody may have and I will definitely persuade anybody I know to stay at this hotel when in London.also the location is excellent and ready to find the tube.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank theshropshirelad43
Herman B, Manager at Premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your time whilst staying with us in the London Kensington Olympia Premier Inn.

Having read through your comment has made me really proud to have such a great Team. I'm very happy to read that we have made your first time in London as special as you've described. I will pass on this comment to the Team to show just how you have appreciated their efficiency and friendliness,

Please do visit us again, some time soon.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in December 2012. From first to last, this was an excellent budget hotel experience. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful (not often does one experience such consistency from all members of the hotel staff) and the location, facilities and standard of maintenance were all excellent. Breakfast was plentiful and of a very good standard (although the dining room is small and busy between 8am and 9am). We would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor facing the rear.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience with us at the London Kensington Olympia Premier Inn.

At Premier Inn we always strive to meet and exceed the expectations of all our Guests and I am ever so happy to read that we have done just that for you.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the Team, as they deserve full credit for your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back into our hotel in the very near future.
limerick
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Travelled for the Good Food Expo and shopping , have to say , friendly reception , arriving early , cases stored without trouble , room ready on return , lovely staff , very helpful with. Info , suited us totally , short walk to underground. , Earls Court ,( also very helpful staff), fab visit to Expo, really enjoyed visit , did not want to stay in centre of London because of expensive hotels etc. but commute on underground was perfect, still went to theatre, Jersey Boys, , dined out , found super and reasonable restaurant , Byrons Burgers , Wadour St, , all in all , super experience, hope to repeat!!!!!

Room Tip: If you do shop! Grab a taxi to Earls Court Underground , not because of distance, just simply becau...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Herman B, General Manager at Premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the London Kensington Olympia Premier Inn.

The London Kensington Olympia Premier Inn has the advantage of the underground being close enough to make any journey easy as well as enjoyable.

I'm glad that during your stay, you found all of the Team Members of great spirit and very welcoming. I will pass on your lovely comments onto the Team.

I do hope you revisit us some time soon.
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2012

No coffee machine in reception, if you arrive early dont expect to get into your room early and it would be nice to be offered a drink. Room ok but we were in the basement and although very large it felt like a basement, not cosy at all. Overall not bad but not the best Premier Inn I have stayed in.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sue M
Dear Guest,

I would like to apologise for the dissatisfaction you had at our hotel. I would like to highlight that we do have a coffee machine in the bar at reception and we could have gladly served you if you had to ask any one of our staff members.

And in regards to Check In, we always strive hard to give the rooms even before check in time but at this instance we might not have had the rooms to do an early check in and as also our website says that Check In starts at 14.00 pm. This is purely due to the fact that we want to clean the rooms and provide you with the best standards possible after thorough inspection by the housekeeping manager.

And finally we could have moved you to a different floor or looked at options if you had to inform us about your room. We always strive to satisfy your needs at our hotel during your stay. However during this instance you weren't happy and my sincere apologies for the whole disappointment you had.

I really hope this wouldn't deter from staying with us in future and please do contact me if you plan to stay with us so that I can give you a room on a higher floor.

Thank you very much for taking to review us Trip Advisor.

Duty Manager