“Hmmm - Not quite as one would want...”

Premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) Hotel
Ranked #292 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Unfortunately this experience was not what we would have expected from Premier Inn. We were firstly impressed with the instant computerized login. Better than standing in a queue for ages to be checked in. The room was fine although smaller that other Premier Inns we have stayed in. Only a shower and no bath but that was OK. What wasn't OK was the fact there was no hot water due to boiler failure which was annoying as we'd had a long day in London and was looking forward to a shower. No matter - we were given a full refund. We'd booked a table for dinner. Unfortunately the windows in the restaurant were open because the frames were warped and wouldn't shut. Not good for a cool evening. The waitress did put the heating on once we'd mentioned it to her. I have to say the staff were apologetic and extremely professional through out and I we couldn't fault them at all. Dinner was not brilliant and based on this we decided not to book breakfast. We have stayed in some really good Premier Inns and will use them again but unfortunately we won't be going back to or recommending this particular one. The whole building needs a complete makeover and a few healthier options on the menu would be good

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ccurryPA
Write a ReviewReviews (1,926)

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Loved the staff, they were more than eager to assist you and the always did so with a smile on their faces.
The room kept clean during our stay. It was not large, but it was certainly adequate for us, even with our 5 suitcases.
The location was great. Close to bus line and walking distance to the tube.
The restaurants nearby were terrific. We look forward to returning to London and revisiting some of them.
This was a great choice for us.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DLH879
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Great location for Stamford Bridge. This is a nice converted mews style property 20 minutes walk from the stadium, so I usually stay here. Decent restaurant and the comfiest beds in the world. Very good value on a deal - I would recommend. Unfortunately, last weekend there was no hot water when I got back to my room. It was back on next day but I had to answer varioius questions about how I had booked and how I had paid etc. and then told to contact Premier Inn dierectly for a refund. I am sure that will be sorted out in due course. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Good value for money. Very comfortable and clean hotel in a good location (tube 6 mins). Extremely friendly and helpful staff.
Breakfast very good value if you have older children as under 16's eat free!!
Nice bar and restaurant areas.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 111Shay
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I have just stayed at this Premier inn for 3 nights whilst working at Olympia. The room was really comfortable and spotless... I love the choice of pillows! The breakfast buffet had plenty to choose from and the evening menu varied and tasty... BUT what really made my stay exceptional was the fantastic welcome from the staff... They were full of smiles, polite and really interested in me as a person... they were fun! Nothing was too much trouble and everything done with a smile... thank you team it was wonderful after a full day at an exhibition to be welcomed 'home' for the night!!!
I will certainly stay here again..

Room Tip: I did ask for a room with a bath... and it was provided...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We searched many hotels in London on trip advisor. We were only there for one night as our first stop on a european vacation. This hotel was perfect for what we needed, thanks to the reviews on trip advisor. Great location: lots of restaurants near by, great sleeping: very comfortable bed, great value: avg price. Small rooms but, as we found out during the rest of the trip, rooms run small in Europe. Quiet hotel, clean, helpful staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed here recently for 2 nights whilst working at Olympia. The hotel itself is only a ten minute walk from olympia which was excellent. There is no parking at the hotel and where advised to park in homebase which is just around the corner, this cost £18 per day which isn't bad for parking in london so i didnt mind. My room was a decent size and nicely laid out, as are most premier inns i find. The staff were all very friendly and actually seemed to know what they were doing, unlike some premier inns i have stayed at before. The restaurant was fine, pretty much what you would expect.

Overall a pleasant stay and would recommend this premier inn to others

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business