“Great hotel that I will be recommending to friends and family”

Premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) Hotel
Ranked #293 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I had stayed at a Premier Inn before so I knew what to expect with regards to rooms and food etc, but this Premier Inn in Kensington surpassed my expectations. It is marketed as a budget / basic hotel but I personally think it is so much more than this. I stayed for 3 nights during a break to the city with my partner and we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The location was perfect - so central as it was within easy reach of Earl's Court underground station, and we didn't even need to always use the underground as it was only a 15-20 minute walk to The Museum of Natural History for example, which we were happy to walk to as the area is so nice. Our bedroom was very clean, the bed was extremely comfortable, the food fantastic (at both breakfast and dinner,) however the highlight for us was the impeccable service. From the moment we arrived the staff were friendly and helpful. Eneka and Sammy in particular were fantastic - always willing to help, and with a smile. We will be staying here if we come back to London!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AmyRebecca21

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Positives: Excellent hotel, helpful staff, large rooms, excelent bed, good location near the metro, speed services, free internet for 30 minutes. Highly recommend.
Negatives: Does not have nor fridge and safe.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leofgmelo79
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This hotel has some great features: 1) Price - about 70 pounds per night, plus breakfast (about 17 pounds for two). Excellent, especially considering the: 2) Location - a 5 minute walk north of Earl's Court tube station, which itself is about 30-40 minutes east of Heathrow via the tube (only 3 pounds with an Oyster card); and 3) Service - All staff we encountered were happy to help, and were very pleasant. I'll note as well that they allowed us to leave our luggage in their lobby for the day, which was reasonably secure, as you needed a ticket to collect it.

If it weren't for the above, I would probably rate the hotel 3/5. Why? As follows:

The room itself wasn't the cleanest - the bathroom especially needed some help. The view was pretty awful, which didn't really matter to me as I was only staying for one night, and was just relieved to finally be able to put my luggage down.

The bed wasn't the best - I don't blame them, as we stayed at Premier Inns three times over our trip, and all of the beds were quite stiff. I actually prefer a firm bed, but it honestly felt like I was laying on a comforter placed on the floor. The pillows are very soft - keep this in mind if you have neck problems (I use a buckwheat pillow at home, and this was of course a huge difference). The room wasn't well soundproofed, and I was woken up many times by traffic, people walking by, etc (though let me admit that I am a light sleeper).

Finally, I felt the breakfast was pretty overpriced (though, to be fair, so is everything else in London). Yes, it's all you can eat, but all warm items seemed to be overcooked. Their continental selection was decent.

I don't plan to come back to London anytime soon (not the biggest fan of dense crowds), but if I were to, I would consider staying here again, though only if arriving via Heathrow. Each stay at a Premier Inn throughout my visit was a pretty pleasant one. I'd just recommend that they give more attention to their cleaning, and not keep cooked items from their kitchen under the hot lights for too long. Overall, I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Great service, price, hotel. shame about the lack of parking in London. The parking was the only area that let it down...but what do you expect in the middle of London? The hot drinks machine had a big queue at breakfast time. Go Down early!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Hotels that accommodate multiple children can be hard to fine. Premiere Inn-Olympia had rooms that held all five us (kids 1, 7, and 9) comfortable. They offer rooms with a queen and two single and still had room for the provided cot for the little one. Yes, the room was a little cramped but that is expected. The breakfast allowed the kids to eat free which made it a good bargain for us and it also has a good selection of food. Earl's Court tube station is only a 5 minute walk and bus stops leading past the NaturalHistory/Science museums are right in front or you can walk it about 25min. Overall we enjoyed our stay and think with kids, this hotel is hard to beat. We will defiantly look at returning should we return to London.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank James J
Rakesh M, Manager at Premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear James J

Thank you very much for taking your time to complete the review. I am very pleased to hear you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Myself and the team are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards
Operations Manager

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Service was excellent, staff are wonderful, friendly and helpful. Didn't sleep too well for the stay as our rooms were next to the lift which on arrival at the floor makes a loud 'bing bong' noise. The road is very busy and I found it rather noisy. I would ask to be on a top floor at the rear of the hotel if I stayed here again. Although atm there is building work going on. Overall apart from not sleeping well for the 3 night stay, it is a good hotel, good local and excellent staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Eileen,

Thank you very much for taking your time to complete the review. I am sorry to hear you did not have a good night's sleep. If you would like to discuss it any further please feel free to send me an email to operationsmanager.londonkensingtonolympia@whitbread.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

We hope to see you in our hotel in the future

Kind Regards
Operations Manager

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I wanted an economical hotel for a one-night stopover in west London, prior to a meeting; this one got good TA reviews, so I chose it, and was not disappointed. Unlike many Premier Inns I have stayed in (new, mostly steel, glass and plastic), this is a somewhat rambling old three (?) storey building, well placed for the Earls Court Rd (lots of good restaurants), and very reasonably priced (I paid £69, without breakfast). Apart from some ambient noise (from both inside and outside), there were no problems; staff were friendly and efficient; there's a pleasant bar and dining room (which I did not use, except for a quick light and reasonably priced breakfast). A very good choice if you want an economical hotel in central/west London.

Room Tip: possibly go for a top-floor room facing away from the main road