“what a great stay”

Premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) Hotel
Ranked #290 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Stay here it's perfect even the gentleman who was starting his first day there well done premier inn the evening meal was outstanding and service was as good as any top resturant my granddaughters were in their words stuffed

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Magdalena G, General Manager at Premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Hi Chuck,

Oh this is fabulous news to hear your enjoyed your stay as well as the evening meal. It means a lot to us to see out Guests have a good time at Premier Inn Kensington Olympia.

I hope we will be able to see you again in a very near future.

Magdalena Guzik

Write a ReviewReviews (1,943)

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I brought my group of South African members of Manchester United Supporters Club to this hotel for the first time earlier this year, and have already booked for the next Club trip. Very early arrival from Heathrow meant we couldn't go into our rooms, but they offered to keep the kitchen open so that we could have breakfast, and stored our luggage so that we could all clear off and begin the London experience.
The staff were AMAZING, from the sweetheart at the reception desk to the lovely people in the dining-room.
Groups can be difficult, but the staff went out of their way to assist with all sorts of queries, booking of taxis, etc.
Rooms are clean, the beds comfortable, and the food is really good. Breakfast the standard Premier Inn fare, and dinner more than adequate.
In the 17 years I've been taking groups on these trips, this is by far the best hotel we've stayed with in London, and I will certainly not be searching the internet for accommodation in the future.
Other London Premier Inns could take a leaf out of their book!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ethelred712

Hi Ethelred,

Wow, what a fabulous review. I am absolutely lost for words with regards to the amount of compliments we have received in your review. I am so happy your group had a great stay, it looks like the team is the right place and that they can really look after all kinds of guest, and not only look after small bookings. It means a lot to us to see our guests are happy, and we are really looking forward to seeing you back here in the very near future. We will do our best to upkeep our high standard.

All the best

Reviewed 28 August 2014

The best part of this hotel was the staff and service. We always came in very late and the front desk knew right away that we always needed our ice. They were also always full of smiles and were happy to help.

The tube close to the hotel is a 5 minute walk and it is a main line that can easily get you anywhere. We were there for 8 days and were so happy to have such easy transportation access. There are lots of places to get food and drink before hitting the subway too so you're set! The hotel also offers their own good breakfast and they have a happy hour time frame to get half price drinks if you want to chill. The atmosphere is very nice for it too.

The hotel room was clean and our room had a bath which was fantastic. The bed was very comfy. For the price we paid it was extremely fair in such a main location in London. It might not be fancy or elegant but it is a good middle fit that is clean and well placed. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Magdalena G, General Manager at Premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Hi Diegerz

I have just looked at your review this morning, and I passed all your comments to our entire team. It is so important to know that the team we have here know how to look after the guests not just in providing the basics, but going the extra mile to really make our guests happy.

Your review was very detailed and we thank you for taking the time to write it.

All the best

Reviewed 26 August 2014

This was our crash pad after the Notting Hill carnival Monday night. Checked in online and arrived too early for the room to be available but no problems, case stowed in a locked room.
A few minutes walk from Earls Court underground and just two stops on the District from Notting Hill Gate on the way back.
Room good, but this is the first time I have stayed over the road via the walkway and it was a bit of a faff. The bed was very comfy and the shower powerful and hot. No noise from outside at all, even though the underground was overground just outside the window.
Breakfast fantastic apart from the coffee, which if it had ever met a Costa coffee bean, it was only in passing. Such a disappointment. Still, the tea was lovely.
I am about to book again for next year.

Room Tip: My preference is the main building
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Magdalena G, General Manager at Premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear Josephine

I am so glad to see your stay with Premier Inn Kensington Olympia was enjoyable. Notting Hill Carnival is such a great event, we are really lucky to be so close to it. I passed your kind comments to the team and they were really pleased to see your stay was enjoyed.

With regards to the coffee, I was really surprised at your comment, and I went to the restaurant stock room to confirm that the coffee was Costa and I can assure you that it was. The exact same one Costa Coffee Shops use all across UK.

Please come back again and check for yourself :) Coffee will be on us!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Brilliant rooms as in size and air con but the first night we went down for dinner the staff was over freindly and wouldnt let us get on with our meal. Despite this if you have room near the road dont panic the soundproofing is brilliant and the hotel is located in a brilliant location where your a few minutes walk away from Kensington high st and other facilities like greggs, underground,KFC and many more

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Fraser

Thank you for your review. It is imperative that we know how our team treat our guests. We will address the thin boundary between good friendly service and privacy of ours guests.

We are however, really happy that your enjoyed all the other aspects of your stay.

All the best and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stayed at this premier inn for a 2 night stay in London whilst doing the usual tourist trip. Arrived to a very warm welcome and offered free rain ponchos as rain was expected later in the day. The room we had (Room 17) was extremely large and perfect for families. We had a few small "issues" with our room but these were sorted extremely quickly and efficiently so no complaints there!! Breakfast was good too, and great value when you take into account that the kids eat free too. Location wise the hotel is about a 5-10 minute walk from Earls Court Tube station, and about 20-25 minute walk from the Natural History and Science Museum, so great location too.
Couldn't be happier with this hotel, a big thank you to all of the staff we encountered for making us feel welcome and dealing with our problems in a great manner! BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE WE'VE HAD AT A PREMIER INN YET!

Room Tip: Room 17 is great size for families. It is at front of hotel so near main road but we didn't hear...
2  Thank michaelcowgill

Dear Michelle

Thank you for your kind review, we are so happy to see your expectations were met. I am thrilled to see the team have sorted our any issues you had with speed and confidence. We accept minor problems and mistakes can and do happen, but we pride ourselves in knowing we can deal with pretty much anything.

My wonderful team and I would like to sincerely thank you for your time and invite you to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for seven nights with my wife and two daughters. We were very satisfied with all the friendly staff and the quality of the room where my family could sleep peacefully throughout the nights. The breakfast was also wonderful.

Dear Dennis

Your review was short and sweet, and I will keep my response the same. It is great to see you and your family had a good stay. Please do not hesitate to visit us soon. I wish you all the best on behalf of myself and the rest of the team.