“Fascinating tour”

London Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Entry to Over 60 Attractions
Ranked #80 of 1,765 things to do in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This is a theatre that everyone can enjoy, from the classics and spectacular musicals to new plays and special events for the entire family.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My daughter and I, having booked to see A Small Family Business on Sunday, saw that there was a one and a quarter hour backstage tour starting an hour and a half prior to the performance so decided to do that as well. We visited the main theatres within the complex and a studio theatre as well as seeing sets close up, props etc. Our tour guide, Nick, made the tour interesting and amusing with plenty of anecdotes, and was happy to answer questions. There were just four of us on our tour; Nick made us feel very welcome and was interested in finding out about us as well as giving us information. My daughter is disabled, there were just a few stairs which she could manage and Nick carried her walking aid up and down them. We were not at all rushed but Nick made sure my daughter and I were not late for the performance. I would certainly recommend this tour. The play was very good too.

All reviews
in 43 reviews
"tickets"
in 136 reviews

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is the first time i've visited the National. It was bit tricky to find, but not too bad. We saw A Small Family Business in the Olivier Theatre. There's a large waiting area outside where we had a drink first. The theatre itself is lovely - a cosy atmosphere to it. The play was good - set was really nicely done and all the actors did a great job. I found it to be a little long - first half was a bit slow, but overall worth going to see.

1  Thank foreverblended
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I am a regular visitor at the National every time I have the opportunity of spending some time in London. The latest production I saw was King Lear in late april 2014 with Simon Russel Beale as the eponymous king. Excellent production and exceedingly kind staff too.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Came here during R and R last summer to see my first Shakespeare play. A brilliant afternoon out. Good facilities, well priced for London.