“Dodge the traffic for the best picture”
Review of Abbey Road

and up
London Rock Legends Small Group Tour by Minivan
Ranked #153 of 1,764 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Walk this historic street in London and you are transported back to the turbulent era of the 1960s and the musical phenomenon of the Beatles.
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Our timing wasnt perfect when visiting Abbey Road so if you are a big Beatles fan then it would be worthwhile timing your visit.
You want to arrive at a time when there is little traffic to grab the best iconic shot walking across that crossing!
Its also highly entertaining watching everyone else attempt it also!

2  Thank carmenannwood
Write a ReviewReviews (1,328)

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was having dinner with friends when I mentioned I hadn't had the time to go to Abbey Road and I found out another friend was planning the trip right in the moment. First, we were going to the Abbey Road station, but thankfully we talked with the bartender and he told us that wasn't it. We looked in our maps and compared and planned once again. I believe we stopped at Kilburn Station because it seemed close to Abbey Road. Well, it was. We just had to down the road for about half an hour to get to the Beatles site. Not that I was bothered, as it was a pleasant and calm walk with my friends.

Unless you want to walk through most of the road, stop at the St John's Wood and you'll get to the site quickly. I went on a Wednesday evening and it wasn't as busy as other reviewers say. We had fun chatting with some Argentinians while we took our photos and afterwards stayed talking with an incredibly friendly local, who was enjoying the rare sun beside the site.

2  Thank Ana R
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This was fun. Crossing is very busy however and one has to be quick as it is a busy road. the locals are fairly patient most of the time.

1  Thank Helen B
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is the actual studio where The Beatles recorded their albums, and of course also the album called Abbey Road. Originally the working title was Everest and they planned to go to Mount Everest to shoot some photos, but in the end Ringo suggested, why not do it outside the studio and call it ABBEYROAD instead

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I wouldn't call myself a die-hard Beatles fan, but I do like their stuff and when in London...

The street is uber busy and residents do not stop or slow down when getting close to the crossing. It's really difficult to get The Shot (TM), so you have to be patient and wait your turn. It's also a crossing for people not trying to get The Shot (TM) and they don't really give a crock if you're getting it or not. But whatever. It's still a load of fun.

Two seconds away is the Abbey Road Studios, which is a must-see. It looks amazing and the fence is graffitied with well-wishes from fans from all over the world. A great piece of nostalgia and defs a must-do! Just a two minute walk from the Tube Station and you're walking on a piece of history.

1  Thank jesscotttt