“Great stay - I'll be back”

Crowne Plaza London - Battersea
Ranked #201 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Copenhagen
“Great stay - I'll be back”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

An excellent stay, with a most accommodating staff. I arrived, and was upgraded to a larger room. As my priority was getting a view of the Thames, the receptionist went with me to check out different rooms and in the end, we found a room with a view to the Thames from the bed, which was perfect for my purposes.
The rooms were all completely freshly renovated, and felt fresh and delicate. Breakfast was excellent, and I had a superb dinner from the terrace, overlooking the Thames, soaking in the evening sun. I will definitely come back.
The room was very quiet, and I was not disturbed by the heliport next to the hotel. Quadrouble glazing does wonders.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Battersea, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Dear Guest,

We are truly grateful for your comments and happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Looking forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Verta by Rhombus.

Kind Regards,
Anna Asimakopoulou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Devon
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Lovely hotel, rooms clean and well appointed. Staff friendly. Comfy bed. Free WIFI which we connected to without a problem. Great fun watching the helicopters come and go - this hotel is the official one to serve the Barclays London heliport.
Only things to let it down:
Location: good to escape city but if you're looking for something central this isn't it. We had a hire car so no problem.
View: we expected a river view but they said they'd put us in an exec room which was bigger but not directly on the water. Aren't there rooms that are both?
Gadgets: the room is gadget crazy which is fun but it took me over ten attempts to work out how to use my bedside lamp without switching on all the other lights. For light sleepers I'd recommend an eye mask as the glowing standby lights of all the gadget switches are really annoying.

But... Nice breakfast, very sweet attentive staff and great novelty for one night.

• Stayed June 2012
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We stayed at Hotel Verta for 4 nights at the beginning of June for our first anniversary and it was flawless.

I had been told when I booked to mention on arrival we were celebrating our anniversary, which I did. We were promptly upgraded to a river view room and offered complimentary champagne while the final touches where prepared for check-in.

Our room was absolutely immaculate and beautiful. There was loads of space, the bed was incredibly comfy and huge and the bathroom was to die for. I enjoyed two long baths using the complimentary Molten Brown toiletries while watching the waterproof TV at the end of the bath!

The staff were incredibly helpful and attentive during our entire stay, and couldn’t do enough for us. We got a call within 15 minutes of being in the room to confirm we were happy and to call reception if we required anything whatsoever while staying at the hotel.

At one point I was quite ill from food poisoning from a meal out the night before, and requested some dry toast be brought up at around 1PM as I had missed breakfast. The lady on reception told me she’d have it sent up immediately and asked if I needed them to fetch something from the local chemist. Thankfully my husband had already got my some medicine, but the gesture was greatly appreciated. I wasn’t charged for the room service as my booking included breakfast – but normally they charge additionally if the food is brought to you. This was appreciated.

The breakfast each morning I did dine was excellent, with a great full English, continental and additional bits such as fresh nuts, smoked salmon etc.
The spa was also excellent, but the spa treatments were quite expensive.

When we return to London, we will return to this hotel. Absolutely excellent.

Room Tip: Note: In terms of the hotel being in an unfortunate location, we didn’t have any issues whatsoever...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Glasgow
Reviewed 17 June 2012

My wife and I were visiting family in the Clapham area, so the Verta's slightly out of the way location wasn't a major problem for us. Nevertheless, as it is a 15 minute walk from Clapham junction which is quite inconvenient for a London visit. The hotel provides a free shuttle to Sloane Square every hour(or half hour in the early morning) but not back. When we used it, it wasn't particualrly well organised. This is a pity because the general standard of the hotel is really good. The rooms are spotlessly clean and very comfortable.(A small point ...the heat control in the shower came away in my wife's hand) The staff are very pleasant and helpful. The Spa doesn't have a proper swimming pool but it does have a wonderful relaxation pool, sauna steam room, massaging jets etc. I could have spent more time there.If a quick transit in and out of central London is not your priority the Verta is well worth a visit.

Room Tip: River View rooms are much in demand. We couldn't get one but we did get an upgrade.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
UK
Reviewed 14 June 2012

This hotel was an excellent choice for our 3 day trip to London. The service was excellent, the staff were helpful, polite & attentive without being intrusive. The room was immaculate and very well equipped (we were given an upgrade too). The spa was also very clean, with a good range of facilities and open until 8.30pm not 6.30pm as someone else on here has stated. We did not use the gym but it was also well equipped. We ate in the restaurant on our first evening, the food was wonderful and the 30% discount given to us as residents a welcome benefit (I am not sure that this applies all the time). Breakfast was good, plenty of choice between cereals, fruit, english breakfast and croissants, etc. I would agree with others that the location is not central but the view of the river and the availability of the hotel minibus to Sloane Square it was not a problem. Would definately stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Denise G
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2012 via mobile

Nicely fitted out and equipped; friendly and professional staff. Studios have good river views. Triple glazing is very effective, so you don't hear the helicopters at the adjacent heliport at all. Breakfast not brilliant; shame the hours of the gym/spa aren't longer (0800-1830); and unfortunate the hotel is to difficult to get to by public transport (though they do provide an hourly shuttle bus).

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends