we got the hotel on sale as low as gbp100 per night. It is pretty close to Clapham Junction (~10 min by walk) but no tube around. Free shuttle bus drive one-way to center.
a room is cosy (tiny) with big tv screen and very comfortable bed. No noise from street at all.
There are cool coffee machine in room and complimentary chocolate drink with cookie everyday.
indeed there are a lot of issues for 5star hotel:
- warm floor in bathroom cannot be switched off and that's really bad for me
- i couldnot manage to switch on tv in bathroom
- bath is hardly usable to taking a bath
- 30min of free wi-fi daily (!?!?)
- aircon sometimes resets to 19 automatically
- pool in spa is too small and some days very crowdy
- there are 3 vaporariums in spa but 2 saunas (~30C & 50C) are useless
big problem for me is that payment for room is reserved twice and is blocked for a month on credit card
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the south of the River Thames, adjacent to the London Heliport and within easy reach of Chelsea and Sloane Square; Hotel Verta provides the perfect destination when visiting the capital. From panoramic views of the River Thames, the intimate ambience and the very modern facilities, Hotel Verta has become London's most exclusive 'Hidden Gem'.The hotel's design, inspired by the Halcyon days of aviation, combines timeless elegance and the lobby is a striking double height atrium with a signature sweeping staircase up to the mezzanine level. All of the 70 bedrooms are fully furnished in a classic modern style, each with original artwork and the finest bespoke fittings.All day dining is available in the elegant Ambrosia located on the mezzanine level. A glamorous, fun and contemporary bistro/bar perfect for meeting friends and family for afternoon tea, informal meetings and after work drinks. As dusk falls, Champagne is the signature drink and guests can dine whilst admiring the views.The two level subterranean SPA Verta offering an innovative sanarium, heated loungers, steam room, sauna, gym and signature spa treatments, sets Hotel Verta apart from any London Hotel.Settings don't come much more inspiring than this, with the majority of our hotel meeting room facilities in London, featuring panoramic views of the River Thames and the London Heliport. Features include floor-to-ceiling windows and flexible inter-connecting options, when it comes to keeping you in touch; we have state-of-the-art audio-visual and telecommunications equipment, as well as wireless throughout. Hotel Verta offers 7 Meeting Rooms for between 12 to 200 delegates.Hotel Verta is the most wonderful, unique and romantic London hotel location in which to hold your wedding. For this very special occasion, we will enchant you with its addictive atmosphere and seductive environment, providing you and your guests with a magical wedding experience. The romance of Hotel Verta is beyond compare and has everything to make your wedding experience unique - superb cuisine, magnificent settings, meticulous and personalised service. The individuality of each couple is reflected in the smallest and most important details. Hotel Verta is licensed for civil wedding and civil partnership ceremonies with a dedicated Wedding Co-ordinator to help you organise the finer details of your special day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Superbreak UK, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Agoda, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crowne Plaza London - Battersea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.