“Another great experience”

Ranked #216 of 1,089 Hotels in London
northampton
“Another great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Stayed at the Verta again last weekend, which was my wife's birthday, for about the 4th time. In the past we've never had a river view so I emailed the hotel beforehand...

Instead of writing a review I've posted my email & Sara's response. The weekend turned into a sad one but we look forward to visiting again soon...

"Hi Sara,

Thank you.

I just wanted to drop you a personal email for making our stay last night special. Please feel free to use this for your 'PM' meetings etc.

We've stayed at the Verta several times & never had a river view so that was special plus we saw a helicopter land & go (it's a man thing...), plus the fruit. It's my wife's birthday tomorrow (23rd) so it was very special, plus we moved my eldest daughter into her new flat in Tooting Bec.

Can you also please pass on my thanks to the duty manager (lovely guy) on Saturday night plus both the concierge on Sat night & Sunday morning. The guy on Sunday morning who fetched the car is priceless & great fun too - please tell him "he's the man!" (he'll understand).

In today's environment Customer Service is not enough, it's now all about ' Customer Experience' & that was perfect.

Unfortunately we had to leave early this morning as my father's been very ill for sometime & I received a call at 7am saying that he'd died so we had to head off up North.

However, the experience at the Verta was great again & as our daughter is now local we'll be back soon.

Many thanks once again

Kind regards

David"

"Dear David,

I am so sorry to hear about your father and that you had to end your visit here early. My condolences to you and your family.

Thank you very much for the lovely feedback, I am delighted to hear that me and my team made your stay a memorable one.

I will absolutely pass on your comments to all staff and especially Kaiser (the Weekend Duty Manager) and the Concierge.
I certainly look forward to see you coming back soon. Me and my team will be more than happy to have you and your family as our guests again.

Kind Regards

Sara"

Go on & book it...it's a great experience

See you soon Verta

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank northampton15
Verta1, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Battersea, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear David,

A massive thank you for your comments and I sincerely hope we get the chance to welcome you back very soon.

Please accept our condolences on the loss of your father.

Anna Asimakopoulou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

A lovely, modern hotel next to the London Heliport. Although not near a tube station, it is right on a bus route which takes you to Victoria Station as well as the hotel's private shuttle to Sloane Square. Clapham Junction station is a short walk away. Our room was extremely comfortable and clean and the bathroon very modern and well equipped. We overlooked the heliport, but no noise as all the rooms are soundproofed. All the staff we came in contact with were very friendly and most helpful. We only used the restaurant for breakfasts, which were also very good. I would have no hesitation in staying there again when in London.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Verta1, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Battersea, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Dear guest,

thank you for letting us know about your experience in our hotel. I’m glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. Also, I would like to thank you for your comments regarding our members of staff.
I look forward to seeing you back in our hotel soon.

Gibraltar
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel, great room, lovely spa albeit a bit small if you are used to the bigger chains. Clean & friendly reception team. Restaurant is just ok, decent fair. Slow service. Chef tries to over complicate dishes, advice keep it simple! If the restaurant improves id give it a 4 star rating for the price. Good location if you heading to Heathrow, very near Chelsea, Wandsworth, on the South bank. Not bad, will go back.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,
thank you for your comments on the hotel following your recent stay with us.
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Ripon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

The hotel was very good and on arrival we were upgraded to a room overlooking the River Thames. The room itself was clean and modern with a very comfortable bed and a fresh modern bathroom. The only downside is that it is not near a tube station and it is a little difficult to get to and from the main sights of London but there was a useful one way free shuttle service to Sloan Square. Having said that, there was an extremely attractive walk by the Thames that takes you alongside Battersea Park, across Chelsea Bridge and eventually to the Houses of Parliament.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Battersea, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Dear guest,

May I take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time posting your review on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
I sincerely hope we get the chance to welcome you back in the very near future.

Riga, Latvia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

we got the hotel on sale as low as gbp100 per night. It is pretty close to Clapham Junction (~10 min by walk) but no tube around. Free shuttle bus drive one-way to center.
a room is cosy (tiny) with big tv screen and very comfortable bed. No noise from street at all.
There are cool coffee machine in room and complimentary chocolate drink with cookie everyday.
indeed there are a lot of issues for 5star hotel:
- warm floor in bathroom cannot be switched off and that's really bad for me
- i couldnot manage to switch on tv in bathroom
- bath is hardly usable to taking a bath
- 30min of free wi-fi daily (!?!?)
- aircon sometimes resets to 19 automatically
- pool in spa is too small and some days very crowdy
- there are 3 vaporariums in spa but 2 saunas (~30C & 50C) are useless
big problem for me is that payment for room is reserved twice and is blocked for a month on credit card

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Battersea, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Dear guest,

thank you for letting us know about your experience in our hotel.
I am glad you enjoyed our nespresso coffee machines and our turndown service.

I would like to take this opportunity to clarify some of the points you raised in your review.
Our smallest rooms are between 25 to 26 square metres however if you prefer more spacious rooms I will suggest our Executive Rooms which are fullly equipped with bespoke furnishings sized from 33-38 square metres and include a Day Bed as well.
Our Bathroom floors are heated, we are able to switch them on or off according to our guests preferences.
We do offer complimentary wi fi for 30 minutes for those of our guests who choose a rate which doesn't include complimetary wi fi. Please check our lovely and competitive packages in our own web site.
Our award winning SPA has a mood enhancing thermal suite which includes a Sauna (80- 100C), Sanarium (55-60c) and Steam room.
Please contact me directly if there is something that you would like us to look into your bill or your charges.
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again soon!

Beverley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

Booked this as lucky enough to have managed to get Centre Court tickets for Wimbledon. We didnt want to stay in Central London so decided to try the Verta as only a short wak and a bus ride away.
First impressions are that the area is more residential and theres not much going on, which was perfect as we would be spending most of our time at the tennis. Very modern, lots of glass and marble, really trendy bar and restaurant and rooms that really are Dubai standard.
We had a large room with fancy light system, tv above the bath, massive tv in the bedroom that would play your Iphone music, loads of wardrobe space infact loads of space full stop. Nespresso or similar coffee machine plus biscuits and complementary water, lge top quality bathroom with walk in shower and good air conditioning made this a perfect room. Maybe we should have upgraded to a river view rather than a city view but thats a minor point.
Our first night after arriving around 8pm started with a quick walk around to the front of the hotel, we were going to walk along the river pathway for a couple of miles but got sidetracked by the small bar next door to the hotel. We had a couple of very reasonably priced drinks sitting outside on a warm evening just watching the river traffic and the helicopters land and take off from the Heliport next door. Sound wasnt too bad and we could not hear anything from the room but not sure if this was possibly down to daylight flying only.
We had dinner in a fish restaurant next to the bar, The Fish Place which was fantastic and I will review that separately so please check it out as not to be missed.
After the tennis, late finish due to Nadals departure, we had tapas and a few drinks and a final nightcap in the hotel. Breakfast both mornings was really good, loads of choice both hot and cold, the smoked salmon was especially good and again a view of the Heliport provided an interesting distraction between mouthfulls.
All in all a great hotel, good value and a perfect location for those not wanting the hustle and bustle of central London plus with the modern bar next door and the fish restaurant you have plenty of options.
Bus a one minute walk away but tube probably a good 15/20 mins to Clapham Junction.
Finally if you want a Dubai standard hotel in an Oasis on the South Bank only a 20 minute bus trip from Victoria Station, look no further.
Sorry didnt get time to try the pool or gym, so couldnt rate them, maybe next time.

Room Tip: If you can, try asking for a river view room but definitely try the Fish Place, the food is brillian...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ElPozo
, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Battersea, responded to this review, 7 July 2012
Dear guest,

I was pleased to see that your recent stay with us was of an excellent standard. We are very thankful for your kind review and for your recommendation to other travellers. All our bedrooms have quadruple windows so our guests can enjoy the Helicopters take off and landing with out the noise. I really hope on your next visit to find the time to use our award winning SPA.
We look forward to seeing you back at the Hotel Verta by Rhombus.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

I staid in this hotel and was very nice ,modern , services were very high
also the breakfast was nice and every thing as good quality
only the location of the hotel away from city centre and no swimming pool but they have very very nice spa ,Jacuzzi, steam heat and all were very clean

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank sulaiman a
, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Battersea, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Dear guest,
thank you for letting us know about your experience in our hotel. I’m glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and lIked our SPA, which includes hydro pool, sauna, steam room and sanarium.
Hotel Verta by Rhombus is only 15 minutes walk from Clapham Junction Rail Station and from York Road you can catch the local buses170 or 44 to Victoria. We offer as well a daily complimentary shuttle service from the hotel to Sloane Square.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Verta by Rhombus.

Anna