“Fantastic Hotel, shame about the location.”

Crowne Plaza London - Battersea
Ranked #224 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Fantastic room and the bathroom was to die for (walk in shower the works!). There were a lot of mirrors in our room - not one for the self conscious! The bed was enormous and so comfy, we barely wanted to leave our room we loved it so much!
Breakfast was enjoyable, filled us up and we watched helicopters land and take off by the thames.
Only gripe was the fact it was a bit out of the way and the minibus into London (Sloane Square) was once every two hours, would have preferred it to be more frequent!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Verta1, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Battersea, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here with us. Rest assured that I share your feedback with all my team and they were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope to welcome you back soon here for another fantastic experience.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,501)

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My Husband and I were not able to have a honeymoon so as a treat I booked a double room at Hotel Verta forSaturday 15th February 2014.
I went along on the day ahead of my Husband as it was a surprise for him, I checked in and told the Eleonora at the desk that I would be going to the room to dress it up a bit and my husband would come along after.
As I was a bit early I enjoyed a drink in the fabulous ambrosia bar and looked out at the Thames and the helicopters taking of from the heliport located next door.

When I was told that the room was ready I made my way up to the fifth floor, to my surprise I had been upgraded free of charge to the amazing 502 suite.
The room was fantastic, with a view of the river and heliport I couldn't have asked for much better. The room was equipped with 2 minibars, a lounge area with tv, walk in closet, dolce vita coffee machine, a king size bedroom with tv and the most amazing en suite bathroom.
The bathroom had a fabulous Jacuzzi that filled up from a tap in the ceiling and had colour changing features that were so romantic. As if this wasn't enough, there was a walk in shower, tv in the wall, double sink area and a great mirror for preening yourself.

I do not think my review is able to say enough about the room because there is so much more to offer. In fact we were in love with it so much that we couldn't bare to leave the room for dinner and chose to stay in instead.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough, if you book make sure you try out the spa for an extra bit of relaxation.

1  Thank Lisa P

Dear guest,

I am thrilled to learn that you have chosen our hotel to treat yourself and that the hotel team has managed to meet your expectations. I could see that you really enjoyed the room, which is one of my favourites in this hotel.

I have shared your wonderful comments with our team and Eleonora in particular, who was delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful time and everyone is looking forward to seeing you again at a next special occasion.

Brandy dragan

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Hi, me an my girlfriend stayed at this hotel on 13/02/2014 till the 14/02/2014, for our v -day.
well firstly its out off the way and hard to find, its behind a land rover garage, there is NO PARKING so had to pay £25 for the hotel parking wasn't happy with that. Then I had a trainee serving me who didn't even know wot she was doing lol wasn't professional at all. room wasn't bad it was quiet comfortable . We had dinner there which was Chines food and was nice £32 for both off us. we went out that evening but they couldn't find my car had to wait at least 20min them to find my car in the car park. it is bit over rated and pricy. We also used the spa which wasn't too bad. water was cold. Also there is no shops local we had to take the car. We stayed in the executive room an the view was crap. We had breakfast in morning which was nice. The staff are bit rude. The room temperature got on my nerves it would ether get hot or get really cold. I have stayed at many 5stars but I WOULD GIVE THIS HOTEL A 4*.

Room Tip: well would recommend the suit. not the corner rooms.

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor website.

I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was not what you were expecting. We do appreciate though all your comments regarding the hotel facilities and our service and will take on board your suggestions, thank you.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This is a fantastic hotel but its very far out and you definitely don't want to go for a walk across the road!!

I stayed for 2 nights at this hotel and for a hotel it is fantastic!

checked in with very friendly staff who gave me a complimentary upgrade without me even asking them! I had a great view of the river and I was able to view the helicopters coming in to land at the heliport but with no noise disturbance which I was initially concerned about.

The room was large with a big television and sofa at the end of a very comfortable MASSIVE bed - 5 people could of slept in it! The bathroom was equally massive with a lovely walk in shower, with great pressure - one bug bear was there was no door on the shower so you had to put a towel on the floor otherwise it would have been wet all night! The separate bath was lovely (and rare to find a normal shower and separate bath in a London hotel) and again had a television built into the wall if you wanted to watch it.

The room lighting system was fantastic and very high tech - as was the air conditioning controls.
it was decorated to an amazing standard and had a great, bright colour scheme. The coffee making facilities were Nespresso and had an excellent selection of 'pods'. The room also had an iPod dock which played your music through speakers when connected.

I had a wander down to the spa, which appeared to be very nice though I didnt have time to spend down there which was a shame, one thing to note was that the advertised swimming pool is not really a swimming pool and more of a hydrotherapy pool that you sit in while your get water jets massage you.

The hotel has a Chinese restaurant and its own bar/restaurant, I had one evening in the Hotel own Bar (due to being so remote) and it was very nice, pleasant staff and the food was good, staff was happy to make a recommendation to me on what was good to eat which was nice. Great view of the river from the bar which was a nice touch also.

Breakfast was served in the bar which to be honest felt a little strange as the tables were really only sized for use as drinks tables and while i was on my own I was at a table for 2 which would of been a very tight squeeze to eat at, the food itself was very good though and was buffet style.

now to the only faults I could find with this hotel - the first was that while the rooms were well insulated from the outside, mine had an interconnecting door in, which made the 2 polish guys next door at 3am very very loud even though they were only talking at a normal volume and not shouting or drunk. I did go down to the desk the next day but they said that the room next door was empty the following night so I didnt bother swapping, as a result I am not sure if all the rooms have interconnecting doors or if i was just unlucky.

The second fault was the obscene charge for parking, I think I was charged £20 per day for parking and they left my car where I left it on the kerb outside for the first 8hours of my stay!

WIFI was not included and when I did pay for a 24hour use it was pretty useless and i stuck to my 3G iPhone, so don't bother with that unless you absolutely have no other way of connecting.

Finally - the area is truly abysmal! there is no underground connection to this hotel - only Clapham Junction which does take you into Waterloo fairly quickly but it is a solid 20minute walk away and you have to go through a seriously dodgy looking area of London, I did it for the first time in the day and was not going to do it at night! as a result i got a taxi from Waterloo back to the hotel at a cost of about £25. Now doing that each way for my 2 night stay would be £100 which could be the difference between staying in a 5* central hotel (which I actually did the next time). If you were saving pennies you could get a taxi to Clapham Junction and then train to Waterloo then underground to your destination but the taxi would be £7 and a whole lots of hassle getting on trains. So for me, the value of the hotel drops dramatically if you actually need to be in the centre of London for anything.

So to sum up, the hotel as a hotel is fantastic but as a base to see London from - pick another.

Room Tip: If it has an interconnecting door - ask to change!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Phil A

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate all your comments. We will take on board your suggestions, thank you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance for future reservations and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed in the hotel between the 3rd and 7th of February.
On arrival we were greeted by Salvador a lovely concierge who was very welcoming and helpful.

When checking in, receptionists Zsofia and Malvina were very professional but friendly at the same time. She offered an upgrade to an executive room so our stay was a lot more comfortable and special.

Our room was beautiful, spacious and clean from top to bottom....especially the bathroom which had a heated mirror and a beautiful design. The shower was powerful which made for an enjoyable experience and the bed was luxurious and comfortable to say the least.

Breakfast was tasty, nicely presented and fresh but could do with a little more of a selection of hot food. Otherwise, would recommend highly and the staff were quick and efficient to replenish food which ran out.

Finally, check-out was made simple and we were allowed to leave our luggage for a few hours afterwards while out and about. Zsofia also let us check-in and print boarding passes for our flight home. This helped us greatly and saved us a lot of time and stress. Thanks again Zsofia!!!

1  Thank Andy M

Dear Andy M,

Thank you so much for your lovely comment which is already displayed in Front Office. It’s wonderful to read comments like yours and I am glad that you enjoyed yours stay here.

I am sure that your recent visit will encourage you to return and we are already looking forward to look after you again.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

My boyfriend and I spent one night here for my birthday and loved it. Upon arrival we were given a complimentary upgrade to an executive room. The room was beautiful. Really big and spacious with a massive comfy bed. The bathroom had a tv above the bath tub. The spa was soooo nice. All the staff were lovely and friendly. Would definately recommend.

1  Thank frankief83

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments on this forum and recommending our property to other travellers. Glad that you've decided to spend your birthday with us and you loved it!

I am sure one day will welcome you again here!

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Just came back from a one night stay at the hotel verta. Very smart and modern hotel. Bedroom was clean & a decent size. Lovely bathroom. The area isn't great but not far from train stations. The staff were all friendly but we weren't impressed with house keeping entering our room twice without knocking just to "see if we were ok". The first time we had only been in the room 5 minutes and the second time I had just got out the shower & was In my towel. The bar food was nice but VERY expensive with a 13% service charge slapped on top. The breakfast was a standard buffet which was cold by the time we got to the table. The choice of "bird music" was also a bit strange. The overall stay was pleasant though. Comfy bed & pillows for sure. Not sure we would stay again but it was a nice experience.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay here at Hotel Verta. I am glad that generally you enjoyed your stay with us. However, rest assured that I passed your comments to Housekeeping for further training.

I hope to welcome you back again.