“Brilliant overnight stay - highly recommended”

Crowne Plaza London - Battersea
Ranked #231 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We booked a one night stay on a Saturday night as we were attending a wedding nearby.
Booking our reservation was easy - polite and efficient staff.
My arrival needed to be early and they did their utmost to get the room ready for us. My car was taken away quickly and bags carried to my room whilst I checked in and was super-quick (I was in a rush to get to the wedding!).
Everything we needed was tended to politely, swiftly and efficiently with a minimal of fuss - all of the staff were impeccably helpful but not overbearing. The room & bathroom was spacious literally spotless - we had a great room on the top floor as I'd requested a view of the helipad and river (which incidentally was really quiet!).
Great breakfast too with high quality food especially considering it was a buffet and not a la carte breakfast service.
We had an excellent nights sleep on an incredibly comfortable bed and decided to try and squeeze in some time in the lovely little spa and arranged a check out an hour late which they didn't charge for as there was nobody due to arrive until later in the day!!
Check out was straightforward & the reception & concierge staff were brilliant.
For a one-night stay we felt thoroughly refreshed and impressed with every single element of the hotel and the service. I would unquestionably recommend this hotel and will be staying here again. In addition I would choose to come out here over and above staying in a central London hotel in future as its simply on a different level in terms of personal and professional quality service. The bar has been set high!!!

Room Tip: * If you don't mind the helicopters, get a room on the helipad side as the view is great especia...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sarahw742
Verta1, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Battersea, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Sarah,

Thank you very much for your great review and for sharing this with all Tripadvisor’s readers. I am so happy that we managed to offer you a brilliant stay and you were fully refreshed after your night with us. Think about us again when in need of a break.

Brandy

Write a ReviewReviews (1,501)

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed here in October 2013, we booked our stay via booking.com, and we stayed for one night for £135.15 (breakfast included). I would just like to clarify to all the bad reviews that are on here, they are nonsense. We had an amazing stay here, the quality and value is worth every penny for what you get. The staff at the reception and dining area were more than happy to help to go that extra mile for you and we had a relaxing stay. The only negative aspects was the location (bit tricky to find, and out of the way of London's attractions). However we would definitely stay again due to how classy and great the hotel is for value. Its 5 star for a reason.

Room Tip: Book a river view, worth the money.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments with everybody and recommending our property to other travellers. I am sure that your visit will encourage you to return and we are already looking forward to offer your another 5* experience with us.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

What an awesome hotel. Me and my girlfriend stayed at the Hotel Verta after a day out together in London. I had booked the room in advance through trivago at a very reasonable price, even for a Sunday. The room itself looked very nice on the website and it definitely didn't fail to impress!! It was just fantastic. We had a double room with a view. The view from our room overlooked the River Thames and the hotels own private helipad. We were lucky enough to have great weather both on the day of check-in and check-out making the view even better. The room itself was very spacious, one of the biggest hotel rooms I've actually stayed in. We had a huge plasma tv on the wall directly opposite the bed. The bed itself was a Queen size. Very comfortable with plenty of pillows and cushions. All the light switches, from the bedside lamps to the bathroom lights were all touch-sensitive controlled which I thought just showed that touch of class. The bathroom was also very big, very clean and very modern/ stylish and decorated to a very high standard. The bathroom had a separate, very spacious walk-in shower as well as a bath. There was also a plasma tv in the bathroom, directly opposite you as you laid in the bath. In the centre of the bathroom was a huge heated mirror. When I say huge I mean enormous. The bathroom was finished to the highest specification and really has to be seen to be fully appreciated.
We had breakfast the next morning in the restaurant/ breakfast area, overlooking the River. The food was a buffet style with a selection of hot and cold food depending on your requirements. The food itself was very good and the service was very good.
My only negative comment about this hotel is it's location. It is quite a walk to the nearest tube station and it's a good journey away from the heart of London. Yet, saying this, there is a bus-stop about 2 minutes from the hotel which takes you to Victoria Station right in the heart of London. We also got a cab back from the West End, it was roughly £20, very reasonable for the early hours of the morning when the tubes are no longer running.
All in all I can't recommend this hotel enough. If your after a hotel that will make you say 'Wow' then this is the hotel for you.
I can't wait to go back with my girlfriend in the summer!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a River View for awesome views of the River Thames and the private heliport.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

With comments like yours we do not need any more marketing and it’s such a pleasure to read it. Thank you!

I am sure one day will welcome you again here!

Front Office

Reviewed 27 February 2014

it was a amazing hotel with nice staff. the room was perfect with a view of Thamise. the breakfast was very good and very important , in a good place .
i'll come back, and i ll recommand it to my friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and for recommending us to your friends. Looking forward to welcome you back..just let us know when!

Brandy

Reviewed 25 February 2014

The Verta by Rhombus hotel had its last renovation in 2010. The Verta is a five storey building located next to London Heliport. The hotel is efficiently operated as a cash cow. Staffs are correct and at check-in try to sell you a room upgrade.

With 70 rooms it is an adequate city sleeping factory in a somewhat remote area not far from Battersea Park. No tube station nearby and not easy to find. No nearby parking and hotel parking is expensive. In the morning before parking controllers show up all randomly parked cars are gone. The buffet style breakfast is OK yet unimpressive, and served at the cafe which overlooks the Thames.

We had a medium sized room with a view of the heliport. The room was adequately decorated and furnished with desk, chair, wardrobe, large flat screen TV, and a good double bed. The bathroom appeared OK with quality amenities, washbasin, toilet, TV and shower over the bath. Both room and bathroom were clean. The room had coffee & tea making facilities. Windows cannot be opened. We did not use the spa.

We would recommend the Verta by Rhombus to all who seek an OK and somewhat overpriced off-city-centre accommodation.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MrsPiket

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here with us. We do appreciate all your comments and we will take on board your suggestions, thank you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance for future reservations and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed for two nights for my boyfriend's 30th birthday and we both had a brilliant time. Staff were all so friendly. Hotel room was lovely and the spa is great! The shuttle service was also really handy. We will hopefully be booking another stay again soon! Great hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

I am delighted to learn that you chose Hotel Verta to spend your boyfriend’s birthday and you had a fantastic trip. I’ve already shared your comments with the team; it is so rewarding to learn that we have succeeded in meeting our guest expectations; thank you.

I hope that you will chose to spend also your birthday here and I am looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have just got back after a wonderful three night stay at the Hotel Verta with my boyfriend and couldnt be more pleased about the service and how we were treated by the hotel.

Check in was lovely and quick. We arrived at around 10.30am after a long trip with very early start and were allowed straight into our room, which was lovely because we did think we might have to wait until 2.00pm until we could go in to our hotel room. We were checked in by the manager which was lovely and the porter was helpful and took our bags up to the room for us.

The hotel was gorgeous to look at, very modern and very clean which is always a good start when you first check into a hotel. We took the lift up to the second floor and let ourselves into our hotel room. It was a lovely sized room with a gorgeous king sized bed! So comfortable with a lovely duvet cover and also a choice of three different pillows to suit different peoples needs.
The television in the bedroom was lovely and big with a good picture and good choice of television channels. You could pay extra if you wanted to watch films or get wifi to use the internet but we had so much planned we didnt need to think of this, but its nice the option was there as some people might want to use that option.

The bathroom was a great size. The bath was huge and big enough for both you and your partner if you wanted to share a bath together. There was even a television in the bathroom which was great so you could relax while watching your favourite show. The shower was wonderful, nice and powerful and it made my skin feel really smooth afterwards.
Only one problem with the room was the air con, it did get quite hot every now and again, and when you turned it down it got very cold, but we didnt mind so much, it wasnt a problem at all, just maybe would be nice to have some instructions on how to use the temperature gage to make things a bit easier.

With our hotel package breakfast was included every morning which was great so you didnt have to worry about going out and finding somewhere to eat in the morning so you have more time to go out and do things. Not only did the hotel do full english, but also you can a choice of continental which included different types of cheese, different slices of meats and fish.There was about five large bowls of different cereals and fresh milk, and also different types of bread which you could cut yourself and toast to how you like it with different jams, spreads, nutella and honey. My boyfriend and I were very pleased with the overall experience at breakfast and it set us up for a busy day walking around London.

My only small negative point would probably be if the waiters would take plates away a little bit quicker because the tables were quite small and also the food when left for a little while in the buffet trays went a little bit soggy but overall the breakfast was wonderful and there is so much choice to cater to everyone's needs.

A wonderful surprise when we booked with the Hotel Verta was the spa is free to guests staying at the hotel. (Dont forget your swimming costumes when you come!! Else you'll be missing out!) You simply wear the dressing gowns which are in your wardrobe in your room and your slippers and get the lift down to the spa.
It had a beautiful changing room and showers where you can take fresh towels into the spa with you and it also had lovely big jugs of ice cold water with lemon and lime in each which is nice if you want to cool down after being in the sauna or steam room.

We loved the hydrotherapy pool! It isnt at all for swimming, more for relaxing. It has two bubble seats in which you can relax and feel the water jets slowly massage your body which is lovely. Also in the pool are very strong water jets that you can stand under which massage your back which helps if you have any back pain, it tickles/itches afterwards but your back will feel good as new again if its causing you any trouble (it made my back feel so much better). The pool also had a jacuzzi rack which you can lie on and just let the bubbles gently massage your body.

The showers in the actual spa are amazing, we used these before entering the hydrotherapy pool. There was one shower that doubled up as two with just a press of a button, one setting was as if you were in the rainforest and the warm water was like hot rain trickling down from the leaves onto your body which was amazing! The other setting was an ice cold trickle which was really nice if you have just been into the sauna or just got out of the hotel shower. They all left mine and my boyfriend skin feeling amazing.

We used all three of the different spa rooms which included a sauna, sanarium and steam room. The difference between the sauna and sanarium is one is hotter than the other. The sanarium acts like a hot sunny day and isnt as punishing as the sauna, whereas the sauna is alot hotter but helps you work up a sweat which is good for your skin as it clears out your pores.
I couldnt stay in the steam room very long because I found it a bit difficult to keep my breath in there, but we saw alot of people using it and I expect it does the same to your skin as the sauna just it is a more wetter on your skin.

The hotel was about a 15/20 minuet walk from Clapham Junction which will be probably your main form of transport if you wanted to get into central London. Clapham Junction is only about a 10 minuet overground train ride to London Waterloo which is great for quickness and from there you can get the underground all about to wherever you want to go. We did feel a tiny bit out of the way when it came to going places, but we were able to plan our days around travelling and times and you get used to it quite quickly.

My boyfriend and I went to two lovely restaurants which were only about a 10 minuet walk from our hotel, The River Quarter Kitchen, and Bariloche, Argentinian Grill & Bar. Both of these restaurants were wonderful and I will be writing reviews on the both of them so people can hopefully see what a lovely time we had and go visit for themselves.

I hope this review was helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at the Hotel Verta, and will be returning again someday soon. You made our stay so special and I will never forget it. Thank you to all of the staff who made it so very wonderful and making our stay so fabulous.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rosie R

Dear guest,

As always, such a pleasure to read reviews like yours; thank you. I’ve enjoyed also looking through your pictures and I am sure that other guests would do that too.
I am happy that we have already won you over and that we will see you again soon.
The team is already looking forward to welcome you back.

Front office manager