“Spa-mazing!”

Crowne Plaza London - Battersea
Ranked #257 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 June 2014

"I just would like to say how much I enjoyed my stay with you! We both had a lovely time, the spa is amazing, the rooms are very nice and we always had fun having breakfast watching the helicopters. The best thing was the politeness of the staff. Everyone was super friendly and very accomodating so compliments especially to the staff. The room was cleaned to perfection and the reception was amazingly friendly."

This was the email I wrote to the hotel and I got a personal response back! Absolutely fabulous :)

Room Tip: It takes a little time to work out the high-tech buttons for controlling the lights and AC but it...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Verta1, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Battersea, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you for posting your compliment on TA, we so appreciate it. As mentioned in my email response to you the part that makes me most proud is that the team looked after you so well

Beverly

Write a ReviewReviews (1,519)

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Good hotel, booked 6 nights First, 2 days later wanted to add 3 nights more and did not get Same price.... País more for these 3 nights than for the 6 nights... Unbelievable , no flexibility at all.
We asked for top Floor but got room 205 on arrival. TV broken , no technitian on duty .... So room change.... To room 408... So The question is... If you have got availibility on top Floor, why do not you allocate guests where desired? I am a reception Manager in Tenerife and I really do not unterstand.
Paying river view is difficult to see from the corner room we got, moreover if you cannot open The window to get better view. We had view to the heliport , which was ok but if i pay for river view.........
BB buffet limited for being 5* but still ok.
Asked reception how much a taxi was from there to embankment and got a complitely wrong Information... What a bad surprise realizing that price was the Double.
Cleanness some days regular but some days very very very Good, Guess it depends on the chambermaid.
Very Good The free shuttle to the station, thank you.
Spa Wunderful . Room exceptional .
Salvador at reception was Wunderful!!!!!
Thank you for Wonderful stay apart from the a. m.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Agree with some of the reviews. Does not stand up to 5* rating. Emailed them but do date have not had a courteous response/reply! was a birthday spa day out. Not too receptive on arrival ie expected a welcome drink ie coffee or soft drink . Went to wait in the Mezzanine area went to use facility . found one of the loos was disgusting, not a good welcome! politely informed staff member- said they would look into it. Service wasn't particularly outstanding for a 5*. however spa was good - thank goodness

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Battersea, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2015

Dear anita c,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept my sincerest apologies over the issues you had especially with the cleanliness of the property. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Really impressive hotel, on the bank of the river, in a great location not too far from Clapham Junction - a little difficult to find on foot from the station, as its not massively signposted, but seemed obvious once I arrived.

Staff were really friendly and helpful too; always a bonus.

For me though, a 5* hotel should be seamless, have some glamour, and be in tip top shape. For me, this was not. A few elements of my room were coming apart a little - the light buttons next to the bed had come off the wall, the cover for the plug adjuster in the bath fell off and into the tub...

Other positives - free shuttle service to the station in the morning, great food offerings in the bistro, and the spa looked good, although I didnt use the facilities.

Would definitely stay again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: I had a river view room, and I'm glad I did, as out the other side of the hotel wasnt too much t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Verta1, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Battersea, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for your review and I am delighted the team were helpful and friendly. What a shame you did not get to use the Spa it is really lovely so when you come back do remember to book a treatment. So sorry about the maintenance issues they are fixed now. We hope to see you very soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Hi, I am a Guest house owner in Devon England, so tend to view hotels where i stay,
with a commercial eye.
I was at the Verta on saturday night the 7th June and booked through one of the websites that they subscribe and link with.
This comment is therefore for the verta,as i plan to use this hotel again for business in the future and from a point of principle they should challenge the site in question, they will know from my booking which site it is, because i paid with a Visa debit card, but was charged as if i had paid with a credit card, which attracts a c.c.fee.
I have written to the site requesting a refund, but they will not answer, you will not take calls or emails?? so i hope the verta will take this point up because it may affect their future business. As for the experience of my stay, i was pleased with the room, bed&pillows were comfortable and clean and i inspected for stains etc and glad that none were there.
I thought that the towels, whilst being thick and expensive were not as clean or white as they should be.
The hair dryer has no point in the bathroom and the only socket is near the coffee machine so not to much space.
There was no coffee pods or milk and late at night i had to request some from reception.
One final point, i did not like having to give a £25 deposit upfront for possible purchases in the room.
Rather petty,as this is a 5 star hotel and clients are paying top dollar for very nice rooms and it,s slightly insulting to ask for such a small amount as a deposit.
Other than these comments it was an excellent hotel. .

Room Tip: i asked for a quiet room as i,m a light sleeper
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank John W

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and I hope the booking site has come back to you. As you will know we are told what to charge on the confirmation. I am sure they will resolve this for you.
We are not allowed to have hairdryer sockets for the bathroom, and those that you can have in a bathroom are impossible to dry your hair with, and keeping your finger on the switch is totally exhausting when you have long hair. We do always take a small deposit if a guest wishes to charge items to their room and prefers not to leave a credit card authorisation in advance.
We are delighted you rated your stay as excellent –thank you.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

As the tittle says this is a very god hotel, room was a good size and clean, staff friendly and helpful free transfer to slone square and the breakfast very nice. 10 minute walk to clapham junction and they booked us a cab to soho for £20.00.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Delighted you enjoyed our stay with us and awarded us your comment A Very Good Hotel – we appreciate it very much.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

When reviewing a hotel I generally follow a fairly formulaic, chronological format. For reasons that will become apparent I'm splitting this review in two, to cover the hotel and the service.

So, the hotel is undoubtedly amazing. The location is perfect, right on the banks of the Thames, overlooking the London Heliport. For a people watcher like me, there's no better start to a Sunday morning than sipping a lemonade on the terrace whilst watching the choppers come and go, watching the boats bob along the river and watching the Sunday morning joggers running the Thames Path.

The rooms are plush and ultra modern. From the moment you reach the door and the wave the key card over the sensor you know you're in for a treat inside. The bed was soft as a cloud and the lights all work on sensors and buttons. There was even a port for my iPod. The bathroom was fabulous. The shower was huge with a luxurious waterfall shower head. And the toiletries were really scrummy. The highlight though has to be the flatscreen TV at the foot of the bath.

Breakfast was really tasty. Breakfast buffets are pretty standard these days but this one has some really nice extra touches that I haven't seen elsewhere, like shot glasses of smoothies. The cooked breakfast passed my scrambled egg test, although the bacon was a bit fatty and gristly,

Regrettably ,we didn't have time to check out the fitness suite or spa, but I had a sneaky peek and have to say it looks wonderful and on another trip would definitely have to make some time for it. I was quite envious of the groups wandering the hotel in huge fluffy white bathrobes.

So on to the service. Sadly the staff don't really follow the formula. From the moment we checked in it just all felt a bit disappointing. We arrived before check-in time and the person who filled in the paperwork, whilst with hindsight the friendliest person we spoke to the entire time, refused to let us leave until he'd been through his entire welcome script. Once check-in time did arrive the rooms still weren't ready and the (different) person on the desk had to vanish half way round the hotel to find out if the cleaner had finished cleaning. And to top it all he couldn't crack a smile if his life depended on it. I felt as though I was really putting him out. Elsewhere staff at the bar were gossiping and squabbling with each other, staff at the breakfast took nearly half an hour to bring teas and coffees and to top it all, after being told in no uncertain terms to be prompt for the complimentary shuttle to the train station the driver didn't turn up and we ended up walking.

All of this makes it hard to rate the hotel. The hotel itself is just sublime and if you can look beyond the mediocre service then it's an absolute gem of a find. If, on the other hand, you're a fan of the personal touches then you might want to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: High floor best, request one overlooking the heliport and you get the river view by default (the win...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the first part of your review and the tip to future guests to look over the Heliport – it really is quite amazing and continues to fascinate me as well …there is something that draws you there …
The second part was very disappointing indeed - We try so hard to make every guests stay really special and you can see we do almost all of the time so hearing we did not get something quite right has been already dissected by the team.
Next time please do come and stay with us again, and let us know when you are coming
PS don’t forget to book yourself into the Spa.