“Excellent venue for private function”
Review of Big Chill House

Big Chill House
Ranked #3,519 of 23,020 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
London
“Excellent venue for private function”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We were in private room for a family party. Beautiful art deco style with its own bar and comfy sofas etc. Staff/security were all very helpful. Would definitely recommend as a venue for a gathering if you're looking for a room to hire

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Deb0rahB

Barnet, United Kingdom
“Cool, quirky and perfect for a party!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I recently celebrated my 30th in the function room situated on the 1st floor. The function room is easily big enough for up to 120 people and has a stunning roof top terrace that is part-reserved for the host and their guests.

The staff are friendly and helpful and the drinks pricing is reasonable given the location.

The function room clean and tidy and even had a Christmas theme at no extra cost.

It all added to a perfect night!

Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing for Private Parties”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I have just hired the upstairs space for my birthday party (and had my work leaving do there too several years ago). This place is the perfect size for a private event - not too big which makes it look busy from an early starting point in proceedings. Also has a private bar in the room as well as your own DJ booth so not reliant on the venue to dictate your music policy (although they can if you wanted!). Also has a private roof terrace section outside so your guests don't go too far away to smoke - another positive that doesn't disrupt the night.

Venue were a pleasure to deal with in advance of event and security very well disciplined but polite - in fact nice door team all round. I have worked in the music and events industry for 20+ years and been part of 1000+ shows in that time and can honestly say that these guys are a good bunch and wont let you down for a party. Drinks reasonably priced as well.

REALLY can recommend this place for a private hire event

“Rude bar staff”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I used to love this place, especially in the summer for its terrace and the game room where I would frequently come with friends for a game of fooseball. I went there Friday night and that will be the last time I ever step foot in the place. My friend mixed up an order and I kindly asked the barman with longish hair if we could change the order. He responded in a very aggressive way and when I asked him what the problem was he went outside and called the bouncers who escorted my friend and I outside. But not before hissing in my ear that "he has seen me there before and I am such a sl*t". I was horrified. Because I liked the bar and always took my friends there I am being told by the bar staff that I am a Sl*t..?? I tried to explain to the bouncers outside what had just happened but they were having none of it, telling me to go home and giving me a hard time.

Eventually a girl claiming to be the manager was outside talking to a bouncer and I managed to tell her what had happened. At first she didn't believe me but when she double checked with the bar man she came back out and apologized. Thats when the bouncers started saying "hey, you should have said! Do you want to come back inside?" ...NO.

It looks like the bar staff are often being described as rude in other reviews. Why go and spend your money in a place where you are going to leave feeling angry and offended when there are so many other nice places around (go to Simmons and Simmons on Caledonian road, or the Lexington just further up Pentonville road. Otherwise Angel is a very short walk away with plenty of bars!)

3 Thank BassGill
Skye G, Marketing Manager at Big Chill House, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
On behalf of Big Chill House management we apologise for the poor treatment you experienced during your last visit to us. Please be assured that the member of staff in question will be reprimanded. We pride ourselves on customer service and all staff regularly participates in training to continually help improve on this, the night in question is very out of character we apologise.

If you would like to take the situation up further please contact info@wearebigchill.com
London, United Kingdom
“Great place for a birthdays, really fun night.”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Booked a space for a Saturday night birthday party and didn't have to put any money behind the bar, unlike other establishments. Door staff were friendly, staff were polite and really quick, and the DJ was great. There really is nothing to complain about. All our guests had a good time and told us so. I've had the burgers from there before as well and it was really filling, and came out quickly.
The prices justify how good a place it is. It's a big Central London bar, and I was happy to pay £4ish for a drink. Will definitely be going back.