“I wish I'd read the other reviews. Learn from my mistake.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
London
“I wish I'd read the other reviews. Learn from my mistake.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

A regrettable experience. The waiter had my back up within the first few minutes. We were going to walk out but unfortunately did not. The set menu included a glass of wine and ANY dessert. The wine couldn't be changed for a soft drink for non-alcohol drinkers and the dessert wasn't any dessert just a choice of three (they don't have space to write that on the menu - "any" is shorter). The food was barely acceptable. They brought the desserts to the table while someone was still eating their main - the same waitress actually did this not once but twice!! The restaurant has dark tiles on floor and walls with light from the tv showing fish swimming giving it a cheap cocktail bar atmosphere. Far too expensive for what you get. I left feeling angry and ripped-off. Unlikely to survive without passing tourist traffic.

3 Thank A B

London, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed. Please don't go”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

Usually, I don't write negative reviews, but I feel I need to let others know. Booked a table on a weekday for 6pm. Called up on the day to see if I could arrive 15mins late as I was held up in a meeting. The male staff was very rude and said they were fully booked, so I MUST come at 6pm. I was quite surprised it should be full on a weekday at 6pm, but I rushed like crazy anyway to be there just in time. Well... no prizes for guessing... the restaurant was half full the whole night I was there! When I left, a staff was even distributing leaflets to attract diners into the restaurant! So this is what they mean by FULLY booked. Sigh

Except for a French waiter who was really friendly and helpful, the rest of the staff just gathered near the entrance and chit chat. I know it is not busy, but at least show some professionalism by being attentive to the few tables around.

Food is the worst part. My medium-rare steak is very rare. I have been eating medium-rare for a few decades, so I do give allowances for different standards in different restaurants, but the chef here is definitely out of the margin . I could almost drink the blood from the steak. My hubby's mussels were horrible. When it was served, the whole restaurant could smell the fishy stank. We felt quite embarassed to be honest.

Nevertheless, we ate our mains quietly and did not even ask a staff over to voice our concerns for the bloody steak and stinking mussels. We are not the kind who want to make a big fuss in restaurants in case they think we wanted some discounts or free drinks.

After diner, we did not have dessert or coffee yet because we were still drinking our second round of cocktails. When the staff knew we were not contributing to the restaurant's revenue anymore, they gave us the bill! (yes, my cocktail still half full).

Please..please don't go there.

3 Thank caroltong
Trondheim, Norway
“Average food, overpriced, diluted wine”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

Went there with my family, and we all ordered one of the three course menu suggestions which included a "free" glass of wine. Altogether we tried both the red, white and rosé wines, and they all tasted as if they had been diluted. The food was not terrible, but tasted little, and the place was too noisy. Don't go there!

2 Thank merethhe
london
“AVOID - Terrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

I can only echo what has been said before.

We went on a Groupon offer. Firstly, suprise suprise the cheapest bottle of wine at £20 was not in stock. My main course Chicken Ceasar salad was disgusting not only in taste but in presentation. It was covered in salad cream and no chicken breast in sight! I refused to eat it. To give the manager his due he offered me another dish at the same price. I opted for the salmon which then came out raw, not once but twice! At this point my boyfriend had finished his main and I was not prepared to attempt another main. The manager then offered us complimentary deserts.Thank goodness we did not have to pay for them at £10 each because again they were not how they were described on the menu.

To sum up: Overpriced,pretentious and miniscule portions which tasted at best mediocre. If this is the standard that tourists are experiencing then is it any wonder that we have a poor reputation with our food.

London
“waste of time and money!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

The online menu promisses a lot but the reality is different - rip off I would say.
Starter - quiche was tasty but tiny. The main course - steak, top item on the menu @ £21.00 p.p.! was badly cooked, covered in a tasteless sauce, luke warm and TINY (no more than 5 cm in diameter). Cooked and fried new potetoes serverd as roast spuds - all 4 tiny ones- and a handful of fluffy lettuce without dressing to serve as salad.
We decided to have our sweet somewhere else. After all we were in central London - so we had a choice.
Avoid.