“WOW!”

Belmond Northern Belle
Ranked #37 of 691 Tours in London
Type: Rail Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Evoking the opulent "Belles" of the 1930s, this luxurious yet intimate train explores Britain's most beautiful countryside. The superb on-board cuisine is created using locally sourced specialities, all paired with fine wines and Champagnes. The wide variety of day trips includes visits to destinations such as Edinburgh, Bath and the Lake District, and events including Ladies' Day at Ascot and the Chelsea Flower Show. Departures from more than 65 stations around the UK.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift
3 attraction reviews
“WOW!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Fantastic trip yesterday to Alnwick Castle for a very special trip. We were located in Glamis and have to say the staff were perfect, patient and just wonderful. Considering we had lots of children excited to see Harry Potter, they were not fazed in the slightest! Nothing was too much trouble and was fantastic to be made to feel special! Thank you to all on board for making it a magical experience!

Visited June 2014
Jeanette_Snape, General Manager at Belmond Northern Belle, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments. It was a delight to have all the Wish families aboard our train.

All credit goes to Joanne and the team at When You Wish Upon A Star for creating such a magical day. We felt very honoured to be part of it.

I do hope you and your family all had fun at Alnwick Castle honing your broomstick flying skills and mastering the art of wand making.

All the stewards in Glamis carriage along with all the team pass on their thanks and best wishes.

Merseyside, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Incredible experience!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

From beginning to end, this was a truly incredible experience. The journey from Preston to Edinburgh on the Northern Belle began with brunch of the highest quality and service! We travelled in the Glamis carriage and the stewards were wonderful, nothing was too much trouble for them. How they manage to serve while on the move astounded me! Dinner on the return journey was wonderful, and the service was first class! I could not fault the experience. If I had to be really picky, I would add that having only one souvenir brochure for the Royal Yacht Britannia to share between myself and my friend was rather disappointing. I asked about one each and the train manager obliged without hesitation. I feel that as two individuals, albeit travelling together, we should be entitled to one each of these things. I understand that in the case of a family group or couple this would be acceptable. However this is just a minute niggle in what I felt was an outstanding example of good service and hospitality!! Five stars is not enough!!!

Visited May 2014
Many thanks for your kind compliments, these really do mean alot to our onboard team. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your journey with us and i too never cease to be amazed at how our stewards manage to pour champagne and serve food on a moving train without spilling a drop.

It was lovely to read that you enjoyed the off board excursion at the Edinburgh Royal Yacht and as you rightly noted you should have received a guidebook each at the outset. Thank you very much for giving our Train Manager the opportunity to rectify this for you on the day.

All the team pass on their thanks and best wishes. We do hope we may welcome you back aboard in the future.
hull
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“nice experience”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We have just returned from this adventure!!
Very nice experience,,staff very attentive!!
Very comfortable food sadly was not as wonderful as I was expecting.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Tracey C
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. I was pleased to read that you had a "nice experience" but sorry that you were disappointed with the food served.
As you know this was a privately chartered trip for a very special charity and the menu served was as per the organisers requirements. The menu's were designed to appeal to all the children onboard and in keeping with the magical theme.
All the team at the Northern Belle pass on their very best wishes.
Stoke on Trent
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Perfect from Start to Finish - A Superb Experience!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My mum and I have been lucky enough to enjoy several day trips over the past 7 years on the Northern Belle. We always have a fabulous time, made all the more special by the wonderful Emma in the Belvoir Carriage.

It is a superb indulgence that I highly recommend.

The food, décor and service from all the staff is faultless!

You arrive at your destination feeling refreshed and ready to enjoy your day but eager to embark for your evening meal and return trip.

Emma has always made us feel special and recognised us every year despite the fact she must see 1000's of people each year, just that extra touch that the Northern Belle is full of.

Go on book it, you wont regret it!

1 Thank RachStokeonTrent
Jeanette_Snape, General Manager at Belmond Northern Belle, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review and of course for joining us for another journey. One of the highlights of the job is seeing familiar faces return time and time again.

Emma along with all our team members are dedicated to ensuring guests have an enjoyable and special day. It is always nice to read we succeeded.

All at the Northern Belle pass on their best wishes and thanks. We do hope we may have the pleasure if your company again soon.
Clevedon, somerst
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Fantastic-couldn't stop smiling!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have to say that our day trip to Cosford air show in 'Belvoir' was one of the best days I have spent for a very long time. From start to finish I felt totally relaxed and spoilt and would definitely recommend the dining experience. The food is some of the tastiest and well cooked I have ever eaten and the service was impeccable without exeption. The experienced staff were friendly and attentive and the younger staff behaved with a respectful and polite manner.
I did not want the train to reach it's homeward destination I was so comfy and satisfied-thankyou all, we will be back!

Visited June 2014
Jeanette_Snape, General Manager at Belmond Northern Belle, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you very much for your review - we couldnt stop smiling at your kind words. It is always a delight to read that guests have enjoyed their day with us.

This was our first ever visit to the Cosford Airshow so we are thrilled it was so well received.

Our 2015 schedule will be released for sale very soon so should you choose to join us again there is lots to choose from.

In the meantime all the team pass on their thanks and very best wishes.