“Absolutely fantastic”

Northern Belle
Ranked #104 of 757 Tours in London
Type: Rail Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Evoking the opulent "Belles" of the 1930s, this luxurious yet intimate train explores Britain's most beautiful countryside. The superb on-board cuisine is created using locally sourced specialities, all paired with fine wines and Champagnes. The wide variety of day trips includes visits to destinations such as Edinburgh, Bath and the Lake District, and events including Ladies' Day at Ascot and the Chelsea Flower Show. Departures from more than 65 stations around the UK.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We were lucky to get this train to and from Northumberland for a Harry Potter day trip with Wish Upon A Star, it was a 12 hour journey in total. This train and its staff were wonderful. The train itself was very comfortable and absolutely beautiful. My son who is partial sighted went to the bathroom and shouted "wow this is posh!!". Everything about our journy wad fantastic and the staff very friendly and attentive, nothing was too much trouble and they were a pleasure to talk to. If youre thinking of going on the train then please do, it is an experience in itself. I give it 5 stars all the way. We all hope to go on it again soon. Thank you!!

Jeanette_Snape, General Manager at Northern Belle, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you so much for posting a review. We have been overwhelmed by the positive responses to this trip. All the team were delighted to be involved in such a special day and we loved having so many children onboard for this private charter.

The When You Wish Upon A Star charity do outstanding work and we are very proud of our association with them. They have a number of other dinner,day and afternoon tea charters booked for this year and in 2015 to help raise money to continue their wish making. If you are considering another trip please visit their website.

It was lovely to read your sons response to our onboard toilets - please tell him everybody at Northern Belle says hello!

We wish you and your family all the best and thank you again for your kind comments.

All reviews
"train journey"
in 18 reviews
"mad hatters tea party"
in 9 reviews
"the royal yacht britannia"
in 7 reviews
"british pullman"
in 8 reviews
"wonderful trip"

Reviewed 15 June 2014

What an amazing experience. From the red carpet on the platform thru to the silver service to the fantastic food. The train manager and their team of stewards were brilliant. Nothing was too much trouble. I can not recommend the highly enough. Special thanks to the Glamis team. You all made a special day an experience my family and I will never go. If you ever get the chance to experience the northern belle snatch it with both hands. I will!

Jeanette_Snape, General Manager at Northern Belle, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. The stewards in Glamis and all the team at the Northern Belle pass on their thanks and best wishes.

All credit for the day goes to the wonderful charity "When you wish upon a star." We felt very honoured to share in such a special day.and loved having all the families and children onboard.

Wishing you all the very best ,

The Northern Belle xx

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Fantastic trip yesterday to Alnwick Castle for a very special trip. We were located in Glamis and have to say the staff were perfect, patient and just wonderful. Considering we had lots of children excited to see Harry Potter, they were not fazed in the slightest! Nothing was too much trouble and was fantastic to be made to feel special! Thank you to all on board for making it a magical experience!

Jeanette_Snape, General Manager at Northern Belle, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you so much for your kind comments. It was a delight to have all the Wish families aboard our train.

All credit goes to Joanne and the team at When You Wish Upon A Star for creating such a magical day. We felt very honoured to be part of it.

I do hope you and your family all had fun at Alnwick Castle honing your broomstick flying skills and mastering the art of wand making.

All the stewards in Glamis carriage along with all the team pass on their thanks and best wishes.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

From beginning to end, this was a truly incredible experience. The journey from Preston to Edinburgh on the Northern Belle began with brunch of the highest quality and service! We travelled in the Glamis carriage and the stewards were wonderful, nothing was too much trouble for them. How they manage to serve while on the move astounded me! Dinner on the return journey was wonderful, and the service was first class! I could not fault the experience. If I had to be really picky, I would add that having only one souvenir brochure for the Royal Yacht Britannia to share between myself and my friend was rather disappointing. I asked about one each and the train manager obliged without hesitation. I feel that as two individuals, albeit travelling together, we should be entitled to one each of these things. I understand that in the case of a family group or couple this would be acceptable. However this is just a minute niggle in what I felt was an outstanding example of good service and hospitality!! Five stars is not enough!!!

Many thanks for your kind compliments, these really do mean alot to our onboard team. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your journey with us and i too never cease to be amazed at how our stewards manage to pour champagne and serve food on a moving train without spilling a drop.

It was lovely to read that you enjoyed the off board excursion at the Edinburgh Royal Yacht and as you rightly noted you should have received a guidebook each at the outset. Thank you very much for giving our Train Manager the opportunity to rectify this for you on the day.

All the team pass on their thanks and best wishes. We do hope we may welcome you back aboard in the future.