“First trip to London couldn't have gone better”
Review of The Alma Hotel

The Alma Hotel
Ranked #24 of 567 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Arrived in London on a Saturday morning in mid May and went straight to the hotel. Upon arrival, I was really happy as soon as we stepped into the reception. It has a really welcoming feeling with comfy couch and lighting with a really cool mirror in there (you'll see when you go). The staff at The Alma have been really friendly and helpful during our stay. When we had breakfast and dinner here, the attention to detail was awesome. Shawn, who is the manager at The Alma, was everything you would expect from a proper manager and a perfect gentleman. Really cool and knowledgeable about the food, the area and what one might want to do while in London. You kinda want him to be your friend even after your visit, he's that cool of a person.
The rooms are awesome. My wife and I stayed in a room that offers a queen size bed, restroom, tv, ipod docking station, desk and a nice view of one of the streets of this lovely town. The bed for me, is super confortable (leaning on the harder side) and the sheets were always clean and comfy. Decoration of the room was something I didn't expect, really cool wall decoration and typical British scenes in a cartoon form (room 15).
The food at The Alma is really good. I loved everything I ordered. For breakfast I had the eggs Benedict, eggs royal, pancakes with ham, eggs florentine, haddock omelette and the full english breakfast. *drools*
For dinner I had The Alma burger a couple of times because I couldn't believe how good everything was, the fish and chips and the Pie of the day (leek, mushroom and chicken) *drools more*

Living in Los Angeles, I'm used to commuting to work (average of 45 mins one way) so the use of the Wandsworth train into Waterloo station was no issue at all (20-30 min trip) and then go from there. So if you don't want to stay in the center of London (or can't) this is a perfect hotel for your stay if you're willing to take the train into the city (everyone does it).

I knew I was going to enjoy my trip, but I really didn't think that our hotel stay would be a major part of my London experience. This was the cherry on top.

Thank you Alma hotel, never change.

Room Tip: If you contact the hotel, they can have a cab pick you up from Heathrow and it's cheaper too!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank RayBarrera

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Staying at the Alma was definitely one of the best parts of our trip to London! The service was the best quality, from the receptionists (Sorimar, Beatrice, et. al.) to the restaurant servers, to the manager Sean. He goes out of his way to make guests' experience the best one. The rooms are very nice, beautifully decorated, clean, and with all the things you need (water, tea, hairdrier, iron, radio, tv, lamps). Very nicely lit, and the bed is super comfortable!!
We ate breakfast at the restaurant everyday and had dinner most days of our week-long stay, and the food was top-notch! My favorite dishes were the pie and the sausage and champ, I recommend those, but everything was tasty! All the servers were really nice.
We also had beers at the pub and their service was great; the London Stout is amazingly delicious!
The location is also great since the train station is right across the street.
We are already planning our next trip to London and are definitely staying at the Alma again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank selestereo
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Arrived a little early but were shown to our table straight away, the Maitre d' was extremely friendly and very helpful, even helping decide what to order, We both ordered the recommendations and the lived up to expectation. All the staff were helpful jovial and welcoming. We will definitely go there again when in Wandsworth Town - Well Done Alma

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 915Alex
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Alma Hotel. I loved being around the suburbs rather than being in the city. You can catch the bus to the city centre or you can walk. It's not a very long walk to all the tourist sites and it's great to go across the Thames River.

The quality of the rooms were excellent and the breakfasts were delicious. The staff were always very friendly and the receptionists were all so kind and welcoming.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank seyahc
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I have eaten here 3 times and every single time I've been totally impressed.
Roast dinners, CHICKEN POT PIE (yum!), and the desserts are all amazing pub food.
Great atmosphere in the restaurant and the bar is pretty cool too.
I can't wait to go back to London so I can eat here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BPritchard94
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

We loved the decorations in the rooms, the small private garden, the functional bathrooms, the delicious inclusive breakfast, the energetic pub, the convenient restaurant!!! We very much appreciated the early morning room service they prepared for us before our morning tour!! Even the airport transfer they arranged for us was reasonably priced and so reliable!! Only warning is that it is not located in the city. It was perfect for our out of town itinerary (Stonehenge and High Grove Garden).

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Mary G
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a few nights while in the area on business.

Very handy being opposite the train station. Nice staff. Good price for London. The pub downstairs has good food & beer but it is very "London Gastro-Pub". Nice room and en suite.

Unfortunately the bed was very hard.

The big disappointment was on Shrove Tuesday, they took pancakes off the menu. When I asked the waiter & the chef about it they looked at me like I was from Mars. Besides that though, the food was good.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business