“Unprofessional Staff and Poor Service”

Ibis London Greenwich
Ranked #424 of 1,068 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Milan, Italy
“Unprofessional Staff and Poor Service”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The staff of the Hotel reception is totally unprepared and unprofessional. Reception suggested to take a Cab from Heathrow stating it would have been around 60 Puonds (Paid 100 Pound). You can only see Paying TV in the Rooms (Ryanair Style) and you cannot open the windows for more than 3cm. Only one Towel in the toilet ... I simply suggest to AVOID It!

1 Thank InJazzlove
h0975-gm, Assistant General Manager at Ibis London Greenwich, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Reviewer, Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us. Feedback is important to us and I am disappointed to read that the ibis product and our service did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my apologies.

We provided our guest with the information of the taxi rates received from the local taxi companies which operates services from the hotel to the airport. Today there are different taxi companies operating services to Central London from all London airports which applied different rates but unfortunately this is out of the hotel control.

The TV in the rooms is free of charge and is only applicable pay TV service for the access to movies and the broadband internet package. Wifi access is free of charge.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your experience and and I apologise if we did not meet your expectations. Kindest regards, Carina Meijide

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Scotland
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed here because there was very little available in Canary Wharf - however this was a good alternative being only a few minutes away by DLR. The hotel is very basic but not in a cheap way and is very reasonably priced.

There was a lack of staff around when I checked out which meant a slight wait but apart from that I would definitely consider staying there again. Greenwich has a number of good eating and drinking venues so it is without doubt an acceptable alternative to other overnight locations north of the river

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
h0975-gm, Assistant General Manager at Ibis London Greenwich, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for staying at the Ibis London Greenwich. We really appreciated your feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kindest regards, Carina Meijide
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Whatever you do avoid the breakfast at the Ibis Greenwich! When I asked what was the choice of cereal they told me there were no cereals only a plate of cooked breakfast. When I asked for toast I was told it was £1 extra! This was not the sort of Buffet Breakfast that I have come to expect from Ibis.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Dennis W
Dear Dennis, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent stay with us but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience in the breakfast did not meet your expectations. The Ibis London Greenwich does not have own restaurant so we offer our guests the posibility to have the breakfast to the adjoining door restaurant "Cafe Rouge" . I am really sorry if your experience there was not up to the expectations. I am taking note of your comments which I will share with the Cafe Rouge management to follow up. Once again thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Kindest regards, Carina Meijide
Wirral
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Quiet, comfy bed, clean and a good nights sleep. Very pleased with the accomadation. Cafe royale next door is not nearly as good as others I have been in. I think that there are probably better places to eat nearby. The location is central. I would use this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear reviewer, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis London Greenwich and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Carina Meijide
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

One night stop over. Checked in quickly and easily .We were a large group of around 50 but the hotel was very organized . Clean rooms and helpful staff . Great central location with easy access to Greenwich. Hotel also has parking . We left at 6.30an so didn't have any breakfast

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear reviewer, Thank you for feedback following your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff ensured you had a comfortable stay.
Hove, Belgium
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Ibis in Greenwich is ideally located for business in and around this part of London. Nice redecorated rooms and bathrooms. Friendly staff although I think 100% foreign and not always understandble english. Bad television reception in the rooms. Basic slow Wifi inclused but just fst enough for email.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Erik, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that that you found the hotel good value for money and that you enjoyed the location. Feedback is important to us and I have taken note of your comments to take inmediate action. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Kind regards, Carina Meijide