“Ibis london Greenwich! ”

Ibis London Greenwich
Ranked #439 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here when I was going to the 02 arena for a concert! Checking in was standard and nice enough staff. Only thing I found annoying was both me and my friend (which the rooms were under our names) had to fill out a form which is the last thing you want to do after treking around London!

Nevertheless we went to our room and the room was pretty basic. Bed was comfy and our room had a nice view out the window when it wasn't filled with builders and scaffolding.

The next morning I was woken up of sounds of housekeeping - banging and crashing next door. I work in a hotel and I know you have a strict time limit to do the rooms but at least have the common sense to keep the noise to a bare minimum. Shower was nice but taps could do with a clean! Not hard with bleach!

We then ventured downstairs as we were feeling hungry so we went next door to cafe rouge and I can safely say it was one of the best breakfast Ive ever had! Great start to the Day!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
h0975-gm, Assistant General Manager at Ibis London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Beth, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Ibis London Greenwich. Feedback is very important to us and we have taken note of your comments to follow up. We look forward to welcome you again in the near future. Kindest regards, Carina Meijide

Write a ReviewReviews (1,261)

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Unexplained noise in room meant we had no sleep - and it wasn't the bathroom fan. Sounded like a helicopter on the roof or noise from the restaurant next door.

No sleep meant spoilt trip - we were like zombies going round the museum we had planned to visit

2  Thank norfolkmist

Dear Norfolkmist, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis London Greenwich, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We've taken your feedback into consideration and we have taken note of your comments to investigate and follow up. I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future and provide you with a hassle-free experience. Kindest regards, Carina Meijide

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I always stay at the Ibis when I am in Greenwich. I would recommend it to anyone wanting a to visit London. The hotel has been upgraded since my last visit. It is extremely comfortable welcoming and quite high tec. I like the new reception area. I did buy 2 bottles of water and noticed the price list which I thought was very reasonable and not overpriced. It was a relaxing and enjoyable stay. Ideal base for visiting many attractions with great train links for central London. The Cafe Rouge does and excellent breakfast, lunch and dinner. The bed was really comfy and the room exceptionally quiet.The car parking is good if you arrive by car.

Room Tip: I had room 251 on the second floor at the back so no road noise. No view but if you are in London yo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Florrie, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Ibis London Greenwich. Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future. Kindest regards, Carina Meijide

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed here for three nights at the end of February. Check in was not particularly welcoming but check out was easy - perhaps a little more staff training on customer service would be a good idea. The bedroom was fine - nothing special but it fulfilled my needs.....quiet, comfy bed and hot shower. I have one gripe.......I was travelling light and on one occasion had to leave some valuable belongings in my room. I felt that the hotel was not secure in that it was quite possible to enter the hotel and to go where the bedrooms are located without being challenged. Most hotels I have stayed in have a security system that guests use to enter parts of the building that contain the bedrooms. I would have felt safer if such a system was in place at this hotel. That said I would return to the hotel again but would bring a suitcase that could be locked. I had breakfast at The Green Cafe opposite the hotel - they do great scrambled eggs on toast!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank WindermereBoys

Dear Windermere, Thank you for choosing Ibis London Greenwich during your recent stay in London. We really appreciate your feedback and we have taken note of all your comments to follow up. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Kindest regards, Carina Meijide

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Ibis London Greenwich, was very impressed with the hotel considering the price paid.

The hotel was very conveniently located being a short walk from the Cutty Sark DLR station.

Check in is at 14:00hrs although we arrived a little earlier than this and it was not a problem for us to check in on arrival.

Our room was clean, with a nice large bed although there were only 3 pillows available. The shower room was compact but the space was used well. The only problem was a gap under the door which the light shone through and reflected off of the mirror opposite and into the room during the night.

The hotel is situated next to a church and during our stay there was some building work going on across the road from our room but the hotel is well sound proofed and we weren't disturbed by the church bells or noise from the builders.

We didn't eat breakfast at the attached Cafe Rouge instead choosing to go to the nearby Frankie and Benny's on one morning (breakfasts here are £5) and Heap's Sausage Shop on Nevada Street the following morning - if you like sausages then a visit here is a must, it is only a short walk from the hotel.

There are plenty of places to eat in the evening, all within a short walk of the hotel.

1  Thank badger1983
h0975-gm, Assistant General Manager at Ibis London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear reviewer, Thank you for choosing Ibis London Greenwich. I am pleased to read that you have had and enjoyable stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in a near future. Kind Regards, Carina Meijide

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights and was impressed with the price for a London hotel, check in was 2pm but we were checked in early :-) nice clean room only gripe was the television as it took an age to find the TV channels. Good location in the middle of Greenwich centre, although not noisy at the hotel (very quiet!). We didn't have the breakfast so can't comment - it was in Cafe Rouge which was attached to the hotel. Would return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
h0975-gm, Assistant General Manager at Ibis London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Kindest regards, Carina Meijide

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here on a weekend visit to London. Found the hotel to be quiet, clean and comfortable, and the staff very friendly. Very reasonably priced for a great location. Would happily stay here again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis London Greenwich and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kindest regards, Carina Meijide