“Over priced and a dirty.”

Ibis London Greenwich
Ranked #426 of 1,088 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sao Paulo, SP
“Over priced and a dirty.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

It's a shame that the hotel was the only thing wrong with my stay. The staff were very friendly and I didn't have a problem with them. While I stayed here with my partner we found that the bedding was just flipped over and was not cleaned. There were also a number of cobwebs and such like protruding from the ceiling.

I didn't understand how the hotel charged so much considering we didn't order anything to the room and we were only there for two nights... A little shocking.

I did enjoy the location though, it's excellently situated in the heart of Greenwich with plenty of transport options and loads of fine local cuisine and entertainment. I think the hotel holds promise but just needs to freshen the rooms up and keep it clean!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JosephAMThompson
h0975-gm, Assistant General Manager at Ibis London Greenwich, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Joseph, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis London Greenwich, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At the Ibis London Greenwich you should always find your room to be clean and I was most surprised and disappointed to read that this was not your experience. I assure you that the shortfalls in cleanliness you have described are not at all typical. In view of your comments, expected standards have been reiterated to all housekeeping staff. We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to Ibis London Greenwich. Kindest regards, Carina Meijide

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Halifax, West Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed a weekend in March with a group of friends. Despite a coach load of young people arriving simultaneously check in was speedy and efficient. Staff friendly, rooms to very good standard ,well equipped, clean and modern. Well located for the Cutty Sark and boats in to london (Tower bridge 35 mins on boat). Greenwich is a nice location with plenty of good real ale pubs - the Mitre across the road and the Spanish Galleon near the Cutty Sark plus many others. Greenwich market lively and good, nice looking street food. Breakfast at the attached Cafe Rouge convenient, if may be not startling. But once again staff very friendly. Ate one evening at the Cafe Rouge and the food and service were absolutely great. Can really recommend that.

Room Tip: Would think most rooms would be fine - very quiet and well looked after
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear George, Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay with us and the compliments to the team. I am happy to read that we met your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back again during your next visit in London. Kind Regards, Carina Meijide
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed here last weekend and had a ball! The hotel itself is very clean, tidy and modern. The staff were great, really friendly and helpful. When we asked for a quiet room, they arranged this for us without any fuss at all, and when we checked out they stored our luggage for us again, with no fuss.

The room itself was really good. Spacious enough with a modern 'pod type' bathroom. We had the usual things you would expect, hairdryer, kettle, tea & coffee etc. The best part though was that the bed was sooooooooooo comfy and massive - I had the best night's sleep I've had for ages. Only one minor issue, the air conditioning wasn't working properly - thankfully we weren't staying in the height of summer as this could have been a problem.

The location is also really good. Minutes walk from the tube and the pier (if you choose to arrive by boat), and surrounded by lovely cafe's, bars and restaurants. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, away from the road.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Beth176
Dear Beth, Thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback following your recent stay with us. Feedback is very important to us and it is always an encouragement to receive posite comments about the staff service making a lasting impression.
Once again, thank you for giving us the opportunity to look after you and and we look forward to having you all back in the near future. Kindest regards, Carina Meijide
Exeter
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here when I was going to the 02 arena for a concert! Checking in was standard and nice enough staff. Only thing I found annoying was both me and my friend (which the rooms were under our names) had to fill out a form which is the last thing you want to do after treking around London!

Nevertheless we went to our room and the room was pretty basic. Bed was comfy and our room had a nice view out the window when it wasn't filled with builders and scaffolding.

The next morning I was woken up of sounds of housekeeping - banging and crashing next door. I work in a hotel and I know you have a strict time limit to do the rooms but at least have the common sense to keep the noise to a bare minimum. Shower was nice but taps could do with a clean! Not hard with bleach!

We then ventured downstairs as we were feeling hungry so we went next door to cafe rouge and I can safely say it was one of the best breakfast Ive ever had! Great start to the Day!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Beth, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Ibis London Greenwich. Feedback is very important to us and we have taken note of your comments to follow up. We look forward to welcome you again in the near future. Kindest regards, Carina Meijide
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Unexplained noise in room meant we had no sleep - and it wasn't the bathroom fan. Sounded like a helicopter on the roof or noise from the restaurant next door.

No sleep meant spoilt trip - we were like zombies going round the museum we had planned to visit

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank norfolkmist
Dear Norfolkmist, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis London Greenwich, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We've taken your feedback into consideration and we have taken note of your comments to investigate and follow up. I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future and provide you with a hassle-free experience. Kindest regards, Carina Meijide
Doncaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I always stay at the Ibis when I am in Greenwich. I would recommend it to anyone wanting a to visit London. The hotel has been upgraded since my last visit. It is extremely comfortable welcoming and quite high tec. I like the new reception area. I did buy 2 bottles of water and noticed the price list which I thought was very reasonable and not overpriced. It was a relaxing and enjoyable stay. Ideal base for visiting many attractions with great train links for central London. The Cafe Rouge does and excellent breakfast, lunch and dinner. The bed was really comfy and the room exceptionally quiet.The car parking is good if you arrive by car.

Room Tip: I had room 251 on the second floor at the back so no road noise. No view but if you are in London yo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Florrie, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Ibis London Greenwich. Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future. Kindest regards, Carina Meijide