Abbey Lodge Hotel
US$302
US$276
Hilton
  • Pool
Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$253
Doubletree
US$242
Rubens Hotel
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$197
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$184
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$475
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 January 2010

I stayed at Abbey Lodge with my partner and my parents for 2 nights, we had a friendly welcome from Natalie who checked us in.

We had booked 2 doubles, we was put in room 17 on the ground floor which was a spacious tripple.

The room itself was very clean with a tv and tea making facilities. The bathroom was ok, not 5 star but for £53 a night more than adequate.

The rooms where warm, clean and the bed comfy. There was no noise during the night and the breakfast was lovely, with a choice of cereal or a full english.

The B&B is a 10 minute walk to the tube station and around the corner is a great pub serving great food.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jennymacHull
Reviewed 19 April 2009

I was very pleased with my stay here and am horrified to read the other reviews. It doesnt sound like the same place at all. The date of my stay and the other reviews show that I got the benefit of the refurbishment that one of the reviews mentions.

My room was clean (not sparkling, but ok) but a bit on the small side. However, it was ok for my needs. The hotel generally looked a little worn but not shabby. I suppose they must have spruced it up. The furniture in the room was a bit cheap and could do with some more updating, but this is a very minor point. Also, there was heating and it was very efficient. In fact I had to get them to turn it off, it was so hot. So that looks like its another problem fixed.

I was very pleased with the service. The staff were very helpful and polite and even managed to get me a downstairs room when initially none were available. This was handy for me because my leg was in a cast at the time. Breakfast was quite good and when there was a small problem with an undercooked sausage they replaced it right away with no arguments. I'm sure there are problem in the best of places so the acid test as far as I am concerned is how the staff deal with any issues. I was very pleased.

The internet access was a breeze to set up, worked straight away and was very fast. And it's free.

From my experience I have to conclude that all the problems mentioned in the other reviews must have been fixed now. It was not a brilliant stay but I was happy and it is at the cheap end of the market. I am pleased with the level of service too, so if I get stranded in Ealing again and need to be in the office the next day I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank apm35
Reviewed 11 November 2008

staff grumpy and unfriendly,could not open front door and bedroom with key very hard when approached staff about key she was very rude and abrupt eventually found other key but just as bad .Room dingy no heatingfreezing cold all night ,bed very uncomfortable matress has had it, crumbs on carpet sheets did not look very clean wondered if had been changed? bathroom not very good standard no bath shower not very clean mould and black bits in it did not dare use it for fear of catching something,sink much too small when washing water goes everywhere and the floor gets wet and very slippery,toilet though clean the seat badly worn ,did not have breakfast here for fear of the same conditions in kitchen and fear of contracting something nasty only spent one night here the worst night ever did not sleep much at all could not wait to leave
would not recommend to anyone and will definately not stay again

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
whatsthepoint, Director at Abbey Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2009

It is always upsetting to receive a bad review and we always take commments to heart but just to let you know, we have finally managed to spend money on the Abbey Lodge, installing new beds, bedding, curtains, and the whole place has been redecorated. This was ongoing during your stay in November 2008, along with a new heating system and new hot water tanks ( which might explain the heating problem due to teething problems, although we do have extra heaters available for guests) So I'd like to think that we might see some positive reviews coming through. I can assure everyone who reads this that our kitchen is very clean and has always passed environmental health inspections. As for our staff, they have been retrained to provide better customer service, which I hope will also show benefits. Like many of the bed and breakfsat hotels in london, the staff do change every few months, generally, so comments you may have read from a previous years regarding our staff are not particularly relevant now as those people are no longer working for us. We are trying to provide a good value bed and breakfast and hope that people will read my comments and give us a chance to prove that we have got a decent product here.

Reviewed 14 October 2008

If you value your comfort, dont even consider staying near this place at all. I booked the hotel due to its location, close to the conference i was attending, and now regretting not reading the reviews 1st.

The place is old, dirty dingy and unkept. The whole building creaks even with the wind(not an exageration). Its so noisy, the floors and doors creak everytime and the rooms must be separated by paper. I could hear the guy next room 1st speaking on his phone, then eating(yes i heard the clang of cutlery on plates) and finally snoring all through the night. I woke up suddenly at 3am to a loud bang(sounded like a bomb) only to find out it was the front door being closed/jammed by someone. It was a disastrous stay.

Please and please, dont make the mistake even if its for free.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2008

After 3 experiences in bed and breakfast in UK I thought I got used to old, smelling and dirty rooms. But this is not the case. The owner were totally unfriendly. The wardrobe was very smelling. The room was dirty. The bathroom...better to avoid comments.
Total disaster. Stay away from it.

Only one positive comment: Ealing Common is a very nice location in London.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)