“Great Hotel! ”

Novotel London Waterloo
Ranked #314 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel in September last year, we paid using tesco clubcard vouchers, we had a slight issue when we arrived as we did not have printed an extra code, fortunately the staff were very patient and we were able to sort this issue out straight away!

The hotel is in a great situation, we loved walking opposite the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben, and stopping at a little coffee bar that sold the freshest orange juice which woke us up in the morning!

The hotel is very clean, I felt our room needed a bit of colour or something, but it didn't matter too much, as we weren't even in there that much as we were sightseeing etc! The bed was comfy and we had running water - Main priority!

We had breakfast included, there was a great choice and was very nice! I just wish some of the hot food could have been replaced more frequently as sometimes it was only warm! Also the English breakfast tea they first offer you, was almost grey! I don't know who was making that, but it was awful! Fortunately you can make your own... So we did! The bartender was very polite (I cannot remember his name, sorry), we went a few times before going out to dinner and he was very helpful!

Overall I definitely would come back to this hotel, it was in a great location, a 10 minute pleasant walk to the London Eye and Big Ben etc and a reasonable price for a London hotel! Thank you for our stay! :)

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Charlotte R
bernard p, General Manager at Novotel London Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Novotel London Waterloo.
I am pleased to hear that the location of our hotel was ideal for your visit to London, I am also very happy that our staff made all the difference by being so were very friendly and extremely helpful.
I would like to confirm that we have taken note of your comments and will address it accordingly

Kind regards

There are newer reviews for Novotel London Waterloo

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel is nice and clean. The location is very good especially if you're doing the hop on hop off tour bus as there is a stop 5 min walk from the hotel. Some rooms have very nice views but unfortunately our view was of the parking lot. The room was a bit small especially since we utilized the sofa bed. Our 2 young children slept on the sofa bed so there really wasn't much room to walk around, but that's how it is in London. The tube station is at least 10 minutes walk (Lambeth North) but taxis are not very expensive since it's already in the center of London.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for this excellent review of the Novotel London Waterloo.
And remember to ask for a room with view on Lambeth Palace, Big Ben etc...Subject to availability.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed for 4 nights at the Novotel Waterloo. We arrived late and had no problems checking in and getting a great room. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The room was plenty big enough for 2 adults and one child. Room was clean and had plenty of towels. The buffet breakfast was very good. It had a little bit of everything. My only complaint would be the hotel's proximity to the tube. We arrived at the Lambeth North station and it was at least a 15 minute walk (and we are not slow walkers). However, there are 3 bus stops right outside the hotel. So a quick search of the bus schedule would be a good thing when you arrive in the city. Overall, we had a great experience at the hotel, I would recommend the Novotel Waterloo to anyone visiting the city.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
bernard p, General Manager at Novotel London Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you very much you for taking the time to review our property online following your stay.
It is such a great satisfaction to see that you appreciated our central location, close to all public transportation, making it the perfect base to discover London. I am also very pleased to read that you found our hotel so clean as well as the service being so friendly.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel London Waterloo for your next stay in London.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I am currently two nights into a three night stay here
It is a great location. Upon arrival I was greeted by a really friendly charming young man on reception who could not have been more helpful. I had to check I was in London, home of the aloof receptionist.my room was great with a view of Lambeth palace. Breakfast was again very good.well done Novotel and give your staff a pat on the back,especially the reception staff

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NerjaGrizz

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am happy to hear that we are a "First Classe Service" hotel. Thank you also for complementing us on the excellent service provided to you during your stay. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to your next stays.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Great hotel this, friendly staff, good location, convenient for City centre. I stayed here for a one night business trip on 3rd July 2014. Ideal location with easy access to central London and all that surrounds. Easy walking and so close to the Thames that you can't help but wander down there.

Only negatives were that the room was hot but so was the weather and the air con was a bit lightweight for the task. Could have done with a hotter breakfast but the range was good with loads of choice. Loads of coffee and freshly made toast.

Very good overall ...

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest, I am truly glad to hear that you have enjoyed so much your stay with us. We look forward to your next visits.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed in Novotel London Waterloo for four nights during our stay in London. Being a rather expensive city, finding a value hotel required a hard task in London. So by London standards, this is probably one of the best value alternatives you might find. The hotel is located very close to the London Eye, the Parliament Building, Big Ben, Westminster Alley and the Thames River. When the weather permits, walking around to all these touristic attractions is pretty easy and pleasant. The standard of the hotel is pretty good as well. The rooms are fairly large in London standards, so are the beds. The dining area and the lounge is comfortable and nice. The staff is extremely kind and helpful. The food is excellent, the breakfast is very satisfactory. Besides, children are free of charge (and are half priced when dining) so this might be very attractive for families I guess. One little point though: do not be tempted by the spa area as advertised on the website, it is very disappointing. And you do not get slippers in the room so make sure you bring yours. Other than that, do not miss it! I would definitely stay here on my next trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
bernard p, General Manager at Novotel London Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

I am pleased to hear that the location of our hotel was ideal for your visit to the main London touristic attractions.

Kind regards

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel was an all around winner. I stayed with my two teenage sons for four nights in mid June 2014. Location was very ideal especially for a family; a block away from River Thames, short walk (15 min) to the London Eye where the the London Dungeon and Aquarium were also located; Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and Westminster Abbey were just across the river. Some buses stop right in front of the hotel; 15 to 20 min walk to Lambeth North or Vauxhall tube stops. Rooms roomy enough for European standards; bathrooms adequate and clean. Service was impeccable at the reception desk. All ladies I encountered at the desk were very friendly and helpful. We did not try the breakfast option or the spa. We did not get a room with a view. I recommend that you request a room facing Lambeth Palace at time of booking.

Room Tip: I recommend that you request a room facing Lambeth Palace at time of booking if you want a room with...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for this excellent review of the Novotel London Waterloo.