“Great Business Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel
Ranked #137 of 1,089 Hotels in London
bristol
“Great Business Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

I had to visit London for 2 days to attend a conference last week so my company booked me into the Radisson Edwardian Hampshire. I am not really familiar with London as a whole but the location was fantastic and the room was ideal. What really made my stay extra special was the help and advice of the concierge Alex who advised me of some great sights to see and a great restaurant nearby which was as good as he said it would be. Although, I didnt have a lot of free time on the trip I was really pleased to take in as many sights as I could. I would definately return and recommend to anyone visiting the capital.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MCheungREH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Dear Reviewer

Greetings from the Radisson Edwardian Hampshire Hotel team. I am very grateful for your feedback following your stay.

It is fair to say that the Hotel does make an excellent base for those not familiar with town, it would be difficult not to be able to find us due to it's true central London location. Really delighted that Alex assisted you to make the most of your trip whilst with us. He will be delighted to read your feedback so thank you again.

Thank you again for your feedback and I am looking forward to seeing you soon. Please feel free to contact me at any stage should I be able to assist you with your plans on direct line 020 7451 0220.

Michael Cheung

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

Our anniversary was just perfect! We stayed at Radisson Edwardian Hampshire Hotel for a longer weekend and enjoyed a lot.

First evening we had fantastic dinner at the restaurant next door. Few drinks and back to our fabulous room. Then sleeping late after enjoyable evening! Going for a breakfast, and it was delicious one.

Everything went so smoothly during the whole weekend. Our suite was really superb. We well definitely come back some other time.

1 Thank Joanne S
Dear Joanne

Happy Anniversary and I am pleased to see it was a good one. I am very grateful for your feedback following your stay.

It sounds like you ate at the Leicester Square Seafood Brassiere in our sister Hotel, delighted that you enjoyed it. Next time you are in town why not try our Suite for Treats package with lots of lovely inclusions.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Have just had a wk end in London on Sat 28th.Despite the major building work around Leicester Square we were still able to get by car within a stones throw of the hotel for valet parking where the concierge and door staff came to meet us and access to the hotel is not impaired in any way if you are walking to it.

Leicester Square does look like a building site but the location of this hotel is still fantastic.

The rooms are nice with good facilities but a little dated and the staff, breakfast and bar were excellent.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the 6th floor to the rear of the hotel.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joanna H
Dear Johanna

Warm greetings from an otherwise very chilly London from the Radisson Edwardian Hampshire Hotel team. I am very grateful for your feedback following your stay.

I have read with much interest your review regarding the works on the Square which are scheduled to finish during first week of April and a very exciting opening ceremony planned as you would expect for such a major project. As challenging as the works are there has always been access to both Hotels located here on the South Terrace and the nearest Car Park still remains within 4 minutes walk!! The Door team at both Hotels have of course been very busy to say the least !

I am very pleased to confirm that we have already commenced work on a sample suite and a bedroom which is of course the first step to a major redevelopment of our product. Having said that we will still retain a welcoming modern classic feel to the building. This work is currently planned with very minimal disruption to guest comfort if at all.

I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us and thank you for your feedback about our restaurant and bar staff which is really much appreciated.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

Booked the Suites for treats deal from the website and was very impressed with the service, accomodation and food. The wife and I are quite picky eaters and the restaurant staff were happy to change the menu to out requirements.

With regards to the room, we did not expect to be given the room that we had and was very impressed with the size and the amenities within it. Even the complimentary shoe shine was good, although they did knock on the door at 6:30am (on an Sunday!)

Overall a very enjoyable stay!

2 Thank Ford1980
Dear Reviewer

A very happy New Year from the Radisson Edwardian Hampshire Hotel team. I am very grateful for your feedback following your stay.

It is so really lovely to hear that you had a great stay. Very nice of you to comment on our Restaurant team and I am really delighted to see that there was a degree of flexibility in meeting with your specific dietary needs. It sounds like you may have benefited from a room upgrade so delighted to see that you enjoyed that. Not sure why we would have knocked at 6.30am on a Sunday, perhaps it was the ghost referred to in a review on the 19th January !! Honestly we do apologise should we have knocked that early, we will of course keep an eye on this. Great to hear about your show shine.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Having been to London for so many time. It was the best stay I ever have. It is a very good hotel with high standard of facilities in fantastic location - minutes walk to three main tubes. Many sights and lots of pubs within walking distance. The rooms are quiet even the hotel is located in busy Leicester Square. Rooms we have were lovely with all amenities you can think of and it's clean and well care for. The service was outstanding friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the stay in this hotel and will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the National Gallary side are quieter as the Leicester side is undergoing renovation at...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Dear Kwai Hung

A very happy Chinese New Year from the Radisson Edwardian Hampshire Hotel team. We do hope that you had the opportunity to enjoy the recent celebrations in your home city of Hong Kong.

It is so really lovely to hear that overall you had a great stay at the Hotel. Rooms on the Trafalgar Square side are indeed in quite high demand at this time, although there is light within view now with a wow opening ceremony planned for April this year, just around the corner!

I am delighted to hear that you found the service on offer at the Hotel very welcoming and helpful, the team here will be very pleased to hear of your feedback.

Kung Hei Fat Choi !

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

This was the second time we have stayed at this hotel. The staff were just as good as the first time and the location is second to none for a trip to London. We stayed in a King Suite, room 711, which was a nice room but I do think it needs a makeover, but I think the whole hotel is being renovated in 2012. Would love to come back and stay after that. I think people criticising the cost are being a bit harsh. It is a nice hotel in an amazing location in one of the worlds most famous cities. One thing I will comment on which is nothing to do with the hotel.....we stayed 12 months ago in a suite overlooking the square, which was in the middle of a renovation. This time we also looked over the square and I saw no visible progress......in 12 months! Incredible. Love this hotel and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank CJwellsy
Dear CJ

I have read with much interest your review regarding the works on the Square which are scheduled to finish during first week of April and a very exciting opening ceremony planned as you would expect for such a major project. The works themselves have been going on for quite some time to be fair and you would not be the first to highlight this. There are however some very definite signs that the opening ceremony target dates are to go ahead. It is a little like opening a Hotel, some of it visually all comes together much nearer to the opening date with that one final push!

I am very pleased to confirm that we have already commenced work on a sample suite (similar to Suite 711) and a bedroom which is of course the first step to a major redevelopment of our product. Having said that we will still retain a welcoming modern classic feel to the building. This work is currently planned with very minimal disruption to guest comfort if at all.

I am delighted to hear that both your stays have been consistently good and that you found the team here to be very helpful, this is most welcome and reassuring.

Sussex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

Large room with incredibly comfy bed, absolutely no noise on the sixth floor and lovely views of the Eye and Big Ben.
Shower door leaked terribly causing a flood on the polished floor tiles and there was no iPod dock as stated, just a phono wall plate connection to use the tv speakers.
Staff and service was first class but our stay was let down by the £23 bill for two cocktails in the bar. Even for London prices that's ridiculous for two glasses of ice!
Would happily stay again but would stay clear of buying anything in the hotel!

• Stayed January 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MCheungREH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2012
Dear Ben

It is so really lovely to hear that overall you had a great stay. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed a comfortable night sleep which is always reassuring. We do provide IPOD stations in Junior Suite categories and above, I imagine this is the category which you reserved with us. Please do accept my apologies regarding the shower door, we are doing an in-depth check today and will have that matter resolved, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

With regards to our cocktail prices, this has been mentioned in other reviews. I feel it maybe relevant at this point to highlight that the cocktail menu does list a selection of cocktails from £6.25 to £11.00 per cocktail, these prices are of course subject to service charge which would be normal. We do use quite a few premium brands such as Grey Goose, Belvedere, Tanqueray, Moet & Chandon, various Cognac's amongst others as key ingredients. The prices are reasonable when considering the location and category of the Hotel. I am nevertheless grateful for your opinion.