“This was our second time here, wouldn't stay anywhere else!”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel
Ranked #120 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We both just love this hotel, you feel like your in the real thick of it all. The rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean and there's always a warm welcome awaiting you.

Room Tip: One thats faces the square.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
MCheungREH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2012

Dear Reviewer

Our Very Best wishes from the Radisson Edwardian Hampshire Hotel team. I am very grateful for your feedback following your stay.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay. Being in the centre of it all certainly has its advantages; personally I find the biggest one is the ability to walk to most of the major attractions which London has to offer. Very soon we will be able to re-open our outdoor café’s on the Southern Terraces so guests will be able to sip away the afternoon and evening in the midst of it all.

Whilst the Square itself appears to be on the final countdown to its’ official re-launch, the area in general from Green Park to Leicester Square is preparing to host a massive street party to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee and thereafter Trafalgar Square becomes an unofficial media hub during London 2012 so it will be a really busy few months, both our Hotels are discreetly located to take advantage of all these major events.

Thank you again for your feedback and I am looking forward to seeing you soon. Please feel free to contact me at any stage should I be able to assist you with your plans on direct line 020 7451 0220.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

We visit London regularly and always stay here because of the excellent accommodation, professional and warm welcome (all staff are extremely helpul and cheerful at all times) and good central location for theatres , restaurants , galleries and museums. Cheers to the best door staff anywhere particularly Joao (?) who was stationed outside the front door during sub-zero temperatures during our last visit but always had a smile on his face and a cheery word of welcome!

Dear Barry

It is so really lovely to hear that you had a great stay. Very nice of you to comment on our warm & friendly welcome and in particular Joao and in general the entire door team who are very grateful for your comments.

The next big exhibition at the National Gallery of course will be the Turner Exhibition and this promises to be as popular as David Hockney at the Royal Academy of Art both of which are on our doorstep. Our location of course is firmly rooted in London's vibrant theatre land.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

I had to visit London for 2 days to attend a conference last week so my company booked me into the Radisson Edwardian Hampshire. I am not really familiar with London as a whole but the location was fantastic and the room was ideal. What really made my stay extra special was the help and advice of the concierge Alex who advised me of some great sights to see and a great restaurant nearby which was as good as he said it would be. Although, I didnt have a lot of free time on the trip I was really pleased to take in as many sights as I could. I would definately return and recommend to anyone visiting the capital.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
MCheungREH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Dear Reviewer

Greetings from the Radisson Edwardian Hampshire Hotel team. I am very grateful for your feedback following your stay.

It is fair to say that the Hotel does make an excellent base for those not familiar with town, it would be difficult not to be able to find us due to it's true central London location. Really delighted that Alex assisted you to make the most of your trip whilst with us. He will be delighted to read your feedback so thank you again.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

Our anniversary was just perfect! We stayed at Radisson Edwardian Hampshire Hotel for a longer weekend and enjoyed a lot.

First evening we had fantastic dinner at the restaurant next door. Few drinks and back to our fabulous room. Then sleeping late after enjoyable evening! Going for a breakfast, and it was delicious one.

Everything went so smoothly during the whole weekend. Our suite was really superb. We well definitely come back some other time.

1  Thank Joanne S

Dear Joanne

Happy Anniversary and I am pleased to see it was a good one. I am very grateful for your feedback following your stay.

It sounds like you ate at the Leicester Square Seafood Brassiere in our sister Hotel, delighted that you enjoyed it. Next time you are in town why not try our Suite for Treats package with lots of lovely inclusions.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Have just had a wk end in London on Sat 28th.Despite the major building work around Leicester Square we were still able to get by car within a stones throw of the hotel for valet parking where the concierge and door staff came to meet us and access to the hotel is not impaired in any way if you are walking to it.

Leicester Square does look like a building site but the location of this hotel is still fantastic.

The rooms are nice with good facilities but a little dated and the staff, breakfast and bar were excellent.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the 6th floor to the rear of the hotel.
1  Thank Joanna H

Dear Johanna

Warm greetings from an otherwise very chilly London from the Radisson Edwardian Hampshire Hotel team. I am very grateful for your feedback following your stay.

I have read with much interest your review regarding the works on the Square which are scheduled to finish during first week of April and a very exciting opening ceremony planned as you would expect for such a major project. As challenging as the works are there has always been access to both Hotels located here on the South Terrace and the nearest Car Park still remains within 4 minutes walk!! The Door team at both Hotels have of course been very busy to say the least !

I am very pleased to confirm that we have already commenced work on a sample suite and a bedroom which is of course the first step to a major redevelopment of our product. Having said that we will still retain a welcoming modern classic feel to the building. This work is currently planned with very minimal disruption to guest comfort if at all.

I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us and thank you for your feedback about our restaurant and bar staff which is really much appreciated.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Booked the Suites for treats deal from the website and was very impressed with the service, accomodation and food. The wife and I are quite picky eaters and the restaurant staff were happy to change the menu to out requirements.

With regards to the room, we did not expect to be given the room that we had and was very impressed with the size and the amenities within it. Even the complimentary shoe shine was good, although they did knock on the door at 6:30am (on an Sunday!)

Overall a very enjoyable stay!

2  Thank Ford1980

Dear Reviewer

A very happy New Year from the Radisson Edwardian Hampshire Hotel team. I am very grateful for your feedback following your stay.

It is so really lovely to hear that you had a great stay. Very nice of you to comment on our Restaurant team and I am really delighted to see that there was a degree of flexibility in meeting with your specific dietary needs. It sounds like you may have benefited from a room upgrade so delighted to see that you enjoyed that. Not sure why we would have knocked at 6.30am on a Sunday, perhaps it was the ghost referred to in a review on the 19th January !! Honestly we do apologise should we have knocked that early, we will of course keep an eye on this. Great to hear about your show shine.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

Having been to London for so many time. It was the best stay I ever have. It is a very good hotel with high standard of facilities in fantastic location - minutes walk to three main tubes. Many sights and lots of pubs within walking distance. The rooms are quiet even the hotel is located in busy Leicester Square. Rooms we have were lovely with all amenities you can think of and it's clean and well care for. The service was outstanding friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the stay in this hotel and will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the National Gallary side are quieter as the Leicester side is undergoing renovation at...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Dear Kwai Hung

A very happy Chinese New Year from the Radisson Edwardian Hampshire Hotel team. We do hope that you had the opportunity to enjoy the recent celebrations in your home city of Hong Kong.

It is so really lovely to hear that overall you had a great stay at the Hotel. Rooms on the Trafalgar Square side are indeed in quite high demand at this time, although there is light within view now with a wow opening ceremony planned for April this year, just around the corner!

I am delighted to hear that you found the service on offer at the Hotel very welcoming and helpful, the team here will be very pleased to hear of your feedback.

Kung Hei Fat Choi !