Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel
US$262
US$191
Priceline
3,144 results
All reviewsleicester squareperfect locationjunior suitecovent gardennational gallerywest endpiccadilly circustheatre landbig benregent streetlondon eyetheatre breakexcellent hotelbirthday treatwithin easy walking distancean upgradestandard room
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I visited about a dozen hotels in the Leicester square area to reserve a block of rooms for out of town guests for my wedding. I chose this hotel as from the moment I stepped foot in the door enquiring about bookings I was treated as a valued customer and guest. They did not disappoint over the two week stay and we had about 20 of our friends and family all staying in the hotel. We slept well, ate well, drank well (a few too many late nights in the bar!) and were extremely well looked after by the professional and friendly staff. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. Staying there, a short walk to all the best London spots, will undoubtably enhance your trip in this fantastic city. The rooms are well kept and beds are comfy, breakfast is lovely and the location could not be better. Thanks to everyone for making my wedding week even more special for me and all of my out of town guests!

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor overlooking the square and it was very peaceful and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Katie,

It was lovely meeting you and your family during your stay with us. We were so pleased to be a part of the build up to your special day and thank you for choosing our hotel for such a special occasion.

It is a delight to learn that you and your party enjoyed your stay and felt well looked after by our team.

I hope you will return to stay with us again soon...perhaps to celebrate your first anniversary!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Spent a week end of September 2013. Had a great room, right on the Square, but still very quiet. Enjoyed a drink in the bar and ordered room service one morning. Friendly, thoughtful housekeeping staff. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to read you liked your stay with us, it is great to read each element of your stay lived up to your expectations.

I am so glad you enjoyed one of our rooms that overlook the Leicester Square and could experience all of the hustle and bustle of the square, without the noise.

We look forward to welcoming you back and hope you will have the opportunity to return to us again soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The hotel is splendid and located perfectly for us who like getting theater tickets at the half-price booth a few steps away. The plumbing was only fair for us in our particular room, but the best thing about the hotel was the assistance we received from David and Keirnan. They gave us restaurant advice, direction-to-walk advice, and tips on enjoying London. Being in the heart of Leicester Square is a definite plus too if one likes people and the theater.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such positive comments of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

It is really lovely to read how helpful David and Keiran were during your visit. It seems as if they really made your stay and I will be sure to share your feedback with them. I know they will both be so pleased to read your comments, with so many restaurant options and places to see and explore we quite understand how important advice is to make the most of everything the area has to offer.

We hope you will be back again soon to see another show and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I came here recently with a group of friends for a birthday afternoon tea, and was extremely pleased with the whole experience. Having had enjoyable teas on a couple of previous occasions in other London hotels, I was slightly nervous about whether this would live up to my expectations, but it surpassed them. We were presented with a wonderful array of sandwiches, scones and cakes on a huge 2-tier cake stand, and everything was delicious. I felt that the cake selection was also the best I have yet had - there was perhaps a slightly smaller range than at other similarly-priced locations (a jelly with fruits in, an iced carrot cupcake, and an iced vanilla sponge), but for that I think the quality and standard of these were better. The scones were also delicious - freshly baked and served with both strawberry and raspberry jam, as well as cream. And the sandwiches were great too. We also had the option of tea or coffee. As most of us opted for tea, it came in a huge bucket-like teapot, and was constantly replenished. The staff were very friendly and helpful too, and seemed genuinely interested in our and other guests' welfare. We were also impressed by the look of some of the main meals going past. Overall we spent 4 hours there, and felt in no way rushed or pressured to leave. The staff were also very happy to pack up the leftovers for us, which was much appreciated. Overall I would definitely recommend this as a location for afternoon tea, and hope to be back myself before too long. The location is very convenient too, directly in Leicester Square. The room was also pleasant, and the seats very comfortable, and the tables well spread so you didn't feel too close to other guests.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank happytravels352

Dear Guest,

What a fantastic review! I am delighted you chose our restaurant to celebrate such a special occasion and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

It is wonderful to read everything from the food to the service to the seats were to your complete perfection and I am so pleased you had such an enjoyable afternoon.

The team and I take great care in looking after our guests and to read that we have surpassed your expectations is very encouraging and I will be sure to share your positive comments with the team.

I am pleased you will be back to dine with us again soon, perhaps upon your return you will have the opportunity to sample our A La Carte dinner menu, I would highly recommend our fish and chips which are delicious!

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I had a standard twin room. The room was not huge but tastefully decorated with nice shower and shampoo stuff in large bottles rather than the little plastic things.
I had a drink in the downstairs bar but didn't use the facilities of the hotel otherwise as I was barely in it except to sleep.
The service levels generally were what I've come to expect from a 5 star hotel, good without being too obtrusive.
The location can't be faulted. It's right on Leicester Square and would be particularly good for a leisure break as you can walk to so many places from there and the nearest tube station is minutes away.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor just off the square and it was quiet enough.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our Hampshire hotel for your recent visit to London.

I am so pleased to read you liked your room and the amenities we provide. It is wonderful to read such positive comments about our services and team and I will be sure to share your review with them.

I hope you will return to stay with us again soon and upon your return have the opportunity to try our restaurant Scoff & Banter. We offer a variety of delicious traditional English dishes and some wonderful cocktails too.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require assistance with any future bookings.