“Central”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel
Ranked #122 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The Hotel is very comfortable and central to all that is London, the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to stay there again due to location and helpfulness of staff.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the front of the Hotel for good views, or at the back if you would like a quiet...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brad G
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Brad,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and for sharing such a highly rated review of your experience.

I am so pleased to read how helpful you found our staff. We constantly strive to ensure our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay and it is our pleasure to be able to offer assistance.

It is great to learn you will definitely stay with us again. We are sure our prime location will have plenty more to offer on your return and we look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel

Reviewed 5 May 2014

For a touristy London visit, the hotel is perfectly located on Leicester square. Being in the heart of Soho, there is a wide choice of restaurants with a multitude of international cuisines, The undergound is just around the corner most of the sightseeing musts in London are not far off.

The rooms are well equipped, functional and clean. We spent four nights at the hotel. The front desk was efficient and friendly and the concierges (particularly Alex) very helpful and attentive. All together a great place to stay for a visit to London and we will - without any doubt - be staying there again next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank FrankZurich42

Dear Frank,

Thank you for recommending our hotel so highly on Trip Advisor. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed our central location, it certainly sounds as if you made the most of your London visit and were able to take full advantage of the abundance of restaurant choices.

For anyone visiting London for the first time or unfamiliar with the area we quite agree our prime location is great. There are so many attractions to see within walking distance that you won’t feel you are missing anything.

Thank you for sharing such positive comments regarding our team, and especially Alex. It is lovely to hear how attentive and helpful they were and I they are delighted you had such an enjoyable stay.

We are thrilled you will without a doubt be staying with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel is practicing over booking and downgrading even on prepaid room!!!
We paid for junior suit in this hotel several weeks before, but when we arrived, they told us that the hotel is overbooked and that already gave our suit to another guests! So instead of our prepaid junior suit we were given old business room with smell of smoke, old furniture. Never going to have the experience with this hotel again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Дарья Т
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay with us.

I would first and foremost like to offer my sincere apologies for the situation you encountered when arriving at our hotel. I understand our management team is already in contact with you privately regarding this issue. I would however like to once again re-assure you this is certainly not the type of service the hotel prides itself on nor is it our usual practice. This was very much an isolated incident and I hope that the experience you encountered has not marred your perception of Radisson Blu Edwardian Hotels.

I sincerely hope you will choose to give us another credit of trust on a future occasion and please do not hesitate to contact me for assistance with your booking.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My wife and I have stayed here on many occasions. The staff have always been truly excellent, service is fast and efficient and they can't do enough to help and make your stay comfortable. We stay in either the junior suite or one bedroom suites with views of the square, the rooms are large and quiet even though they overlook the busy square. Overall this is top hotel in a top location, we stay at several 5 star hotels in London and this is right up there with the best.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mr and Mrs Harris,

I am so pleased to read how enjoyable you find your stays with us. It is always lovely to receive feedback and especially from our regular guests who continue to choose to stay with us time and time again. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued loyalty and for sharing such positive comments with us.

It is great to read how much you like our suites. If you are looking for space and comfort and a lovely view overlooking Leicester Square our Junior and One Bedroom Suites are definitely the best option. I am so glad that whilst enjoying the fabulous view of the hustle and bustle below you find these rooms quiet and peaceful too.

The team and I very much look forward to your next visit and to welcoming you back to the Hampshire hotel.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Staff were very friendly at check-in. We arrived early so they looked after bags and phoned when room was available. Room was spacious with great view of Leicester Square. Excellent location for Regent/Oxford Street shopping

Room Tip: Any room overlooking Leicester Square.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Mark,

Thank you for sharing such a highly rated review following your recent stay with us. I am so pleased you found our staff welcoming and friendly and that we were able to call you as soon as your room was ready.

I am glad to read you found your room spacious and enjoyed the view overlooking Leicester Square. Being in such a prime location it is great to be able to look out over all of the action.

I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again; there can never be enough opportunities to go shopping on Regents Street.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance with your booking and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed for 2 nights with a friend. I wasn't NOT recognized as a Club Carlson Gold member by the desk agent and There was No Welcome Gift. Arrived at around 11am and room wasn't ready. Asked for 2 beds since this was me and my friend. Said yes and waited an hour. Than gave us a king bed room, asked again to give us 2 beds, waited 2 more hours.This time it was a king bed again and an extra small bed for my friend. I didn't like it . They did give us a room on higher floor. Had problem with room temperature, The room was cold even with thermostat set to highest. Wifi is another problem in the room, Called, came but still had log in problems. When I search for wifi signal, it shows so many Radisson Blus. I didn't eat breakfast or any meals in the hotel cos they are so overpriced. There are so many restaurants and a (Burger king) within 3 minutes walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank kstkt K
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience of the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire hotel. I am very concerned to hear there were elements of your stay that did not live up to your expectations.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies that you did not feel recognised as a Gold Club Carlson member. Please be assured you are one of our valued and recognised guests and we fully appreciate your loyalty.

I am very sorry to hear of the problems experienced with your room and please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused. I have addressed all of the issues raised with the hotels management team to ensure that the appropriate remedial action is taken to prevent such issues occurring in the future.

We sincerely appreciate all of our guest feedback, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to discuss any element of your stay in further details.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Just got back after a wonderful stay. Amazing service and a warm welcome. Within walking distance of everything you need to see. We were in the 7th suite overlooking the square. Spacious and spotless. Thanks again. And we will be back.

J.Barry.
Wales

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Joe,

I am so pleased to read you had a wonderful stay with us! I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a highly rated review and for recommending us so highly.

It is great to learn how much you liked our central location, being within walking distance to so many attractions allows you to make the most of even a short stay in London. I hope you enjoyed the view from your suite. If you need a rest from the hustle and bustle of Leicester Square you can relax in one of our suites while being able to view it all from the peace and quiet of your window!

I am so pleased you would like to stay with us again, please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your arrival to ensure we have all of your preferences in place.