“Amazing location, elegant hotel”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel
Ranked #162 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing location, elegant hotel”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I've stayed at this hotel many times. I love the Edwardian decor (with comfortable modern appointments). It feels a bit like old London in the center of Leicester Square.

This hotel seems to retain their excellent staff for a long time. It's delightful to return here every year and be recognized by the friendly staff. The staff have been very responsive to any difficulties experienced during our stay, have acknowledged any problems and worked to address them in an admirable manner.

The rooms are on the smaller side, which can be challenging when travelling with lots of luggage.

Tkts (half-price ticket seller) is located immediately outside the hotel door, and many restaurants and theatres are found in the immediate surroundings. This is a fabulous location for theatre-goers and foodies.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Cindy,

Thank you for sharing such a positive review following your stay with us.

It is really great to hear how helpful our staff are and that we are able to respond efficiently and effectively to any situations that may arise during your stay. We fully appreciate that on occasions things may go wrong and it is our belief that it is how we rectify these that will have the biggest impact on ones stay.

I would like to take this opportunity to express our appreciation for your on-going loyalty. We very much enjoy welcoming back familiar faces and we hope to welcome you back for many more stays to come.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Florham Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel numerous times over the past 10+ years and it seems to get better each time! For this stay, we had other hotel options in a slightly lower price range, but our thinking was, when you find something good, stick with it. We were not disappointed. The only thing that would make it truly ideal is having breakfast included, as is the general policy of most European hotels.

During our recent stay, we availed ourselves of the concierge services for the first time and couldn't have been happier with the results. The hotel's close proximity to the Tube lines and theaters also makes it an ideal place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to hear your stays with us improve each time your return and I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for your on-going loyalty.

I am delighted that on this occasion you took advantage of our concierge. They really do know the area inside out and are always pleased for the opportunity to assist or advise our guests to ensure you are able to make the most of your time in London.

It is really lovely to hear from our regular guests and I am thrilled that your stays never disappoint. I hope you will be returning to us again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance with your booking and I will be more than happy to help.

ny
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great location - A 2 minute walk from the Tube station leads to this Leciester Square oasis. Beautiful hotel with well informed and wanting to please staff. The room amenities were more than ample. The Housekeeping and other staff always had a smile. Even if the weather is a little cloudy, there is always sun at the Radisson. Staying here was a joy!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such a great review following your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire hotel.

I am so pleased to hear how much you liked our prime location and that you found our close travel links convenient. We love being so centrally located as it enables our guests to make the most of their time in London when so many great attractions are only a short journey away.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff, it is really lovely to read that they made your stay a joy and it was always a pleasure to return back to. I have been sure to share your feedback with them and they too are delighted you had such an enjoyable visit.

I hope you will choose to stay with us again and whilst we cannot guarantee the sunshine outside we certainly can on the inside!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We couldn't have asked for more when staying at this hotel. Although check in wasn't until three pm the welcoming staff did their utmost to check us in at about twelve thirty as we were going to a matinee. Although I had booked a triple room for some reason a glitch meant that it came up as a queen room with not enough room for an extra bed for my daughter so we were upgraded to a suite. The room furnishings were amazing, cocktails in the bar were super and the welcoming staff made this one of the most pleasant hotel experienced of my life. Being a stones throw from the west end theatres made the stay even better. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay there every time if I could x

• Stayed May 2014
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Annette,

Wow, what a wonderful review! I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments regarding our team are fantastic and I have been sure to share them with everyone here at the Hampshire. It is always lovely to hear when a guest has enjoyed their time with us and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am so pleased to hear how helpful and welcoming our staff were in accommodating your room before our guaranteed check in time. Wherever possible should our guests arrive before 3pm we are more than happy to check you in as soon as a room becomes available.

I am so glad you liked our bar and I hope you will have the chance to return to us again soon for some more cocktails!

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had a great weekend here. The published time for check in is at 3pm which is a bit late in my opinion. Location of the hotel is really good and that was one of the main reasons why we chose the hotel. We had a deluxe king room facing the square but to be honest there's not much of a view. We can see above the tree line from room 517. But there's a grey concrete overhang just outside the window that somewhat blocks the view. The size of the room is really good.

If you are looking for a centrally located hotel in the westend for theatres, shopping at Oxford street, Regent Street, Covent Garden, Chinatown, soho, or as a base for visiting tourist attractions in London, I would recommend this.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sfchang
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire hotel for your recent visit to London.

It sounds as if our location was perfect for you and I am so pleased you enjoyed your weekend. With sightseeing, entertainments, attractions and famous landmarks surrounding us there are certainly plenty of options to keep your busy during your stay.

I hope you have saved some sightseeing for another visit to London and that you will choose to stay with us again.

For any assistance with a future booking please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have stayed in a number of Radisson Blu hotels in this area of London which have all been very good but this hotel wins hands down on location and friendliness and helpfulness of staff. It is not cheap but well worth paying extra to have a room overlooking Leicester Square. Our room was spacious and bathroom was excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such an excellent review following your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire hotel.

I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed our hotel and that we surpassed your expectation following your stays at our sister hotels. The team take great care in looking after our guests and they are very proud to have been able to provide an enjoyable stay.

It is great to hear how much you liked your room and found it both spacious with a lovely view. We hope you will choose to stay with us again, please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your arrival to ensure we have all of your preferences in place.

york
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A great hotel
Of course, given its position, its not cheap! But the rooms are a decent size for something so central and being right on Leicester square is fantastic for accessing everything.
Only negative can be the noise of deliveries etc on the square and collection of bottles early in the morning
But for us its worth it...

Room Tip: If you want to avoid noise ask for a room at the back - also gives you a view of Nelson's Column...