“the best location in london”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel
Ranked #112 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 June 2014

If you're going for a night out in London.. then this is the place to stay.
Bars all around the hotel, including a casino across the square. Behind that is Chinatown and Soho.
To the right of the hotel is Covent Garden (5mins walk), Piccadilly Circus 5 minutes to your left... Need I say more. We didn't have anything to eat in the hotel, so I can't judge that. The room was pretty big considering the location, and has everything you need and would expect. The only minor complaint is... the bed was a tiny bit short... Other than that I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Tony,

Thank you for sharing such a positive review following your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased you enjoyed our prime location in Leicester Square. With so many restaurants, bars and entertainment in the vicinity we are a convenient resting place after enjoying the sights the area has to offer.

I am sorry you did not have a chance to visit our restaurant, should you choose to stay with us again I would highly recommend a visit to our bar. We do a great range of cocktails and have just launched our new Summer menu of delicious British cuisine.

We hope you will return to stay with us on a future occasion and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel to ensure we have all of your preferences in place.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,968)

Reviewed 12 June 2014

A perfectly situated hotel with a unique character and very friendly staff but, for the business traveller at least, I would not recommend it.

I have stayed here twice recently. The first time I was kept waiting for a room for an hour and a half after the advertised check-in time and, as I wished to freshen up after a long journey, that made me late for my early evening appointment.

Accepting the assurances of the customer services manager that it was a 'one-off' event, I chose to say a second time. On that occasion, the room was ready but it was like a sauna. No real problem there as, with the assistance of a maintenance engineer, I managed to get the air-conditioning functioning correctly and the room was at a comfortable temperature when I went out for dinner. However, on my return the air-conditioning had been switched off , the room was again like a sauna and, in consequence, it was an hour and a half or more before I could get to sleep. So, I overslept, missed breakfast and was like a bear with a sore head all day!

The Radisson Blu is, generally, my hotel chain of choice (I am a Concierge Elite member of its loyalty scheme, for all the difference that made!) but I am afraid that this is one hotel in the chain that I will not be staying at again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the Hampshire hotel on Trip Advisor.

I understand we have been in contact privately however I would once again like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. Please rest assured each shortfall encountered has been expressed to the relevant departments to take the remedial action necessary to prevent such incidences in the future.

I sincerely hope this experience has not marred your perception of Radisson Blu hotels and you will continue to choose them for your future stays.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I've stayed at this hotel many times. I love the Edwardian decor (with comfortable modern appointments). It feels a bit like old London in the center of Leicester Square.

This hotel seems to retain their excellent staff for a long time. It's delightful to return here every year and be recognized by the friendly staff. The staff have been very responsive to any difficulties experienced during our stay, have acknowledged any problems and worked to address them in an admirable manner.

The rooms are on the smaller side, which can be challenging when travelling with lots of luggage.

Tkts (half-price ticket seller) is located immediately outside the hotel door, and many restaurants and theatres are found in the immediate surroundings. This is a fabulous location for theatre-goers and foodies.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Cindy,

Thank you for sharing such a positive review following your stay with us.

It is really great to hear how helpful our staff are and that we are able to respond efficiently and effectively to any situations that may arise during your stay. We fully appreciate that on occasions things may go wrong and it is our belief that it is how we rectify these that will have the biggest impact on ones stay.

I would like to take this opportunity to express our appreciation for your on-going loyalty. We very much enjoy welcoming back familiar faces and we hope to welcome you back for many more stays to come.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel numerous times over the past 10+ years and it seems to get better each time! For this stay, we had other hotel options in a slightly lower price range, but our thinking was, when you find something good, stick with it. We were not disappointed. The only thing that would make it truly ideal is having breakfast included, as is the general policy of most European hotels.

During our recent stay, we availed ourselves of the concierge services for the first time and couldn't have been happier with the results. The hotel's close proximity to the Tube lines and theaters also makes it an ideal place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to hear your stays with us improve each time your return and I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for your on-going loyalty.

I am delighted that on this occasion you took advantage of our concierge. They really do know the area inside out and are always pleased for the opportunity to assist or advise our guests to ensure you are able to make the most of your time in London.

It is really lovely to hear from our regular guests and I am thrilled that your stays never disappoint. I hope you will be returning to us again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance with your booking and I will be more than happy to help.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great location - A 2 minute walk from the Tube station leads to this Leciester Square oasis. Beautiful hotel with well informed and wanting to please staff. The room amenities were more than ample. The Housekeeping and other staff always had a smile. Even if the weather is a little cloudy, there is always sun at the Radisson. Staying here was a joy!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such a great review following your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire hotel.

I am so pleased to hear how much you liked our prime location and that you found our close travel links convenient. We love being so centrally located as it enables our guests to make the most of their time in London when so many great attractions are only a short journey away.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff, it is really lovely to read that they made your stay a joy and it was always a pleasure to return back to. I have been sure to share your feedback with them and they too are delighted you had such an enjoyable visit.

I hope you will choose to stay with us again and whilst we cannot guarantee the sunshine outside we certainly can on the inside!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We couldn't have asked for more when staying at this hotel. Although check in wasn't until three pm the welcoming staff did their utmost to check us in at about twelve thirty as we were going to a matinee. Although I had booked a triple room for some reason a glitch meant that it came up as a queen room with not enough room for an extra bed for my daughter so we were upgraded to a suite. The room furnishings were amazing, cocktails in the bar were super and the welcoming staff made this one of the most pleasant hotel experienced of my life. Being a stones throw from the west end theatres made the stay even better. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay there every time if I could x

• Stayed: May 2014
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Annette,

Wow, what a wonderful review! I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments regarding our team are fantastic and I have been sure to share them with everyone here at the Hampshire. It is always lovely to hear when a guest has enjoyed their time with us and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am so pleased to hear how helpful and welcoming our staff were in accommodating your room before our guaranteed check in time. Wherever possible should our guests arrive before 3pm we are more than happy to check you in as soon as a room becomes available.

I am so glad you liked our bar and I hope you will have the chance to return to us again soon for some more cocktails!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had a great weekend here. The published time for check in is at 3pm which is a bit late in my opinion. Location of the hotel is really good and that was one of the main reasons why we chose the hotel. We had a deluxe king room facing the square but to be honest there's not much of a view. We can see above the tree line from room 517. But there's a grey concrete overhang just outside the window that somewhat blocks the view. The size of the room is really good.

If you are looking for a centrally located hotel in the westend for theatres, shopping at Oxford street, Regent Street, Covent Garden, Chinatown, soho, or as a base for visiting tourist attractions in London, I would recommend this.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sfchang
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire hotel for your recent visit to London.

It sounds as if our location was perfect for you and I am so pleased you enjoyed your weekend. With sightseeing, entertainments, attractions and famous landmarks surrounding us there are certainly plenty of options to keep your busy during your stay.

I hope you have saved some sightseeing for another visit to London and that you will choose to stay with us again.

For any assistance with a future booking please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist.