“Super conveniently located”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel
Ranked #120 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The hotel is really well situated and is a short walk from major tourist sites and the galore of food options in Soho and Mayfair. If you are on a visit here, the hotel isn't the fanciest by far, but the location is highly convenient

Pros
- Location location location!
- Rooms were quiet enough and the view was great from my room

Cons
- Can get a bit crowded with tourists just outside of the door

Room Tip: Get a high floor room as those might have a view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Han N
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Han,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted you enjoyed our prime location. We couldn’t agree more that our central spot lends us the benefits of so many great attractions, restaurants and landmarks all within walking distance or a short and easy tube ride.

Being located right on the edge of Leicester Square certainly means we are in the heart of the hustle and bustle of activity. I am however pleased you were able to enjoy a quiet and peaceful heaven in your room with a view overlooking all the excitement below.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We visited the lounge bar , we've been in rush to go to theater and we wanted something fast, very nice cocktail, very good coffee, nice atmosphere , excellent fish fingers for my son, the waiter was very helpful thank you very much Mark!!!!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank christosdamasiotis
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Christos,

Thank you for choosing out Scoff & Banter Restaurant for your pre-theatre drinks. I am so pleased you enjoyed your afternoon and liked the atmosphere of our bar.

The fish finger sandwich is one of my favourite options and I am so pleased your son liked it too!

We hope you enjoyed your theatre show and we hope you will pop by to us again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Thinking of staying in London? This is the place! Great location, walking distance to great sights, dining, theater, etc. A gracious welcoming staff helped with speedy check in and the concierge was always ready to help with directions and suggestions. The hotel has a great breakfast and an outstanding bar.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a fantastic review following your recent stay with us.
I am so pleased how much you like our prime location. With an array of sightseeing and shopping options so close by we hope you will continue returning to us to keep discovering something new.

It is great to hear how much you enjoyed our breakfast and I have been sure to share this with the Head Chef and his team. Perhaps on your return stay you will have the chance to visit our Scoff & Banter restaurant. With the same fresh ingredients and a new delicious summer menu it is a great option for a pre-theatre dinner or meet with friends.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel as a result of my husband winning some vouchers which we saved for an Anniversary treat. As we were going to the theatre we chose the fantastically located hotel. The hotel kindly had upgraded our room and on arrival presented us with a voucher to spend at the bar as an Anniversary gift, which was a lovely touch.
We arrived earlier than our room was available but the hotel staff kept our cases and delivered them to the room ahead of us arriving back.
The room was spacious and luxurious, the bathroom was stunning. Our bed however although large, had a horrible metal frame which stood proud of the mattress around it, which both my husband and I both knocked our legs on several times. The mattress was uneven, it felt like there was a hump in the middle and that if we turned over we would fall out of bed, it was so pronounced.
We had good nights sleep regardless before being awoken by very noisy housekeeping in the next room.
Breakfast was beautifully cooked and presented. I did find the breakfast staff just a little lacking in attention, we had to remind them after quite a while that we hadn't ordered. They did seem busy, but I'm not sure with what as the breakfast room
only had a few occupied tables. The maître d was however very on the ball and replenished our hot drinks without being asked.
All staff were very courteous and pleasant and I would without hesitation visit there again.
I must mention the hotel reception smelled absolutely beautiful, I would like to know what airfreshner it is!

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Hayley,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire hotel to celebrate such a special occasion. I am so pleased our team were able to go that extra mile in ensuring you had a memorable anniversary.

It is great to gear how much you liked the room and especially the bathroom. I am however very concerned to hear of the issues experienced with the bed. Please be assured that this is being investigated to ensure there is no shortfall in our standards.

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding our staff. It is lovely to hear everyone was courteous and pleasant and I have shared our comments with both the reception and breakfast teams.

we are delighted you will stay with us again without hesitate and we very much look forward to your return.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Excellent location; friendly and smiling reception staff that made me feel welcome. Quick check in and check out. Concierge very helpful with information, among the best concierge service experienced. Stayed for five nights, very good breakfast and quick and cheerful waitresses, excellent housekeeping service, room was comfortable and clean but shelves or chest of drawers was not available in the cupboard for unfolded cloths.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Mohammad,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire hotel for your recent visit to London.

I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback and experience with us and other travellers. It is always lovely to learn about our guests’ visits, especially one which has been enjoyed so much. I have shared your comments with all of the team and they are so pleased that each element of your stay from arrival, to housekeeping, to our breakfast met your expectation.

I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hampshire on a future occasion. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel if I can be of any assistance with your booking.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

If you're going for a night out in London.. then this is the place to stay.
Bars all around the hotel, including a casino across the square. Behind that is Chinatown and Soho.
To the right of the hotel is Covent Garden (5mins walk), Piccadilly Circus 5 minutes to your left... Need I say more. We didn't have anything to eat in the hotel, so I can't judge that. The room was pretty big considering the location, and has everything you need and would expect. The only minor complaint is... the bed was a tiny bit short... Other than that I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Tony,

Thank you for sharing such a positive review following your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased you enjoyed our prime location in Leicester Square. With so many restaurants, bars and entertainment in the vicinity we are a convenient resting place after enjoying the sights the area has to offer.

I am sorry you did not have a chance to visit our restaurant, should you choose to stay with us again I would highly recommend a visit to our bar. We do a great range of cocktails and have just launched our new Summer menu of delicious British cuisine.

We hope you will return to stay with us on a future occasion and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel to ensure we have all of your preferences in place.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

A perfectly situated hotel with a unique character and very friendly staff but, for the business traveller at least, I would not recommend it.

I have stayed here twice recently. The first time I was kept waiting for a room for an hour and a half after the advertised check-in time and, as I wished to freshen up after a long journey, that made me late for my early evening appointment.

Accepting the assurances of the customer services manager that it was a 'one-off' event, I chose to say a second time. On that occasion, the room was ready but it was like a sauna. No real problem there as, with the assistance of a maintenance engineer, I managed to get the air-conditioning functioning correctly and the room was at a comfortable temperature when I went out for dinner. However, on my return the air-conditioning had been switched off , the room was again like a sauna and, in consequence, it was an hour and a half or more before I could get to sleep. So, I overslept, missed breakfast and was like a bear with a sore head all day!

The Radisson Blu is, generally, my hotel chain of choice (I am a Concierge Elite member of its loyalty scheme, for all the difference that made!) but I am afraid that this is one hotel in the chain that I will not be staying at again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the Hampshire hotel on Trip Advisor.

I understand we have been in contact privately however I would once again like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. Please rest assured each shortfall encountered has been expressed to the relevant departments to take the remedial action necessary to prevent such incidences in the future.

I sincerely hope this experience has not marred your perception of Radisson Blu hotels and you will continue to choose them for your future stays.