“Excellent stafff and great location”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel
Ranked #122 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed for a week on business -- staff was great and very helpful in assisting with travel plans. Room was very comfortable and clean. Location was great for getting around london (Leicester underground is right around the corner) to/from Heathrow on Picadilly line. Lots and lots of restaurants and China town just up the street. Only complaint was noise from an adjacent bar. recommend you stay on floors higher than 1 or 2.

Room Tip: stay on higher floors on backside and away from street corner
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Loraine,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire hotel for your business visit to London. I am delighted you found our location so convenient. Being in such close proximity to the tube station certainly allows for speedy travel throughout central London and I am very pleased our team were on hand to assist with travel plans.

We are so fortunate to be surrounded by so many great bars and restaurants. When visiting on business where you may be more restricted for time the absence of having far to travel is perfect to be able to make the most of your evenings.

I hope you will choose to stay with us again. Please do not hesitate to contact either myself or our front office team prior to your return and we will be happy to arrange a room on one of our higher floors for you.

I hope to hear from you.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed for a long weekend with a friend to celebrate my birthday. Upon arrival we were upgraded to
another twin bedded room, which was 118. A beautifully appointed room, with a luxurious marble bath and shower. Very comfortable beds and soft, comfortable pillows. We were not directly overlooking Leicester Square, which is rather noisy at night time, and we slept very well generally. Just a little noise at night which settled down quickly. The room was very clean and upon arrival, there was a birthday cup cake and candle waiting for me! A lovely touch. Each morning we received complementary bottled water, a very nice gesture. Only minor observation is that a hostess tray with some biscuits would have been nice. But, that did not detract from our stay. We ate brunch at Fortnum and Masons instead of the hotel. It was excellent and a short distance via taxi or walking a few blocks if you're able. Thanks to the advice of Kieron, we walked to the Prince of Wales Theatre (just a few minutes away), and managed to book tickes to see the afternoon performance of The Book of Mormon. We were delighted - thank you, Kieron! Also, to mention, is Daniel from Reception who rang our room, and left messages when we weren't there, to ask if there was anything we needed on several occasions. We were treated like VIP's during the two night stay. I simply cannot fault this Hotel, which definitely lives up to its 5 Star rating.
This hotel has an ideal location for Theatre Land, great transport links via the Tube etc to all the major tourist sights of London. With the soft, muted tones of the decor, and sparkling chandeliers, excellent staff, Raddison Blu Edwardian, Hampshire offers an ambiance of elegance and warmth that feels so inviting and nurturing.
I will be returning!

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such a detailed and charming review following your stay with us. It is truly lovely to receive your feedback and learn how much you enjoyed your stay.

We fully appreciate the importance of any occasion be it a birthday, anniversary or even just a night away from the kids and it is our pleasure to be able to assists in ensuring an enjoyable visit. I am so pleased our staff were able to make your stay such a memorable one. We take great pride in caring for our guests whilst in our hospitality and it is great to hear how attentive Daniel was in ensuring you had a comfortable stay.

We hope you liked the Book of Mormon! I am so pleased Kieran was able to assist in your theatre reservations. With an abundance of productions and shows to choose from it is easy to be hindered by the available options. However our concierge team are always on hand to advise of the best choices and are more than happy to assist.

I am delighted you will be returning; please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel if I can be of any assistance with your booking.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotell sverall times the last years. The location is perfect, close to shopping and places a visitor i London want to see. The service is very good, you feel that you are taken care of allready at the outside when arriving and the same when you are entering the reception. The same service during lunch in the restaurant and also when checking out. I have seen some hotels the last year, but the service level was among the bests. I will definetly stay at this hotel next time also.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and for sharing such glowing comments of your visits to us.

It is always lovely to hear from our regular guests and learn that our services continue to impress stay after stay. Learning that our service levels are amongst the best you have experienced is a true asset to the team here and the passion they share for providing enjoyable and memorable stays for our guests. I have been sure to pass your feedback to them and they are delighted to hear how welcome you feel each time your return.

I am grateful for the opportunity to thank you for your continued support of the Hampshire hotel and for your on-going loyalty in choosing us for your London stays. Please do not hesitate to contact directly at the hotel for any assistance with your future reservations.

I hope to hear from you.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We have just returned from a fabulous week end in London. I had a special birthday so we treated the family to a stay here, seven double rooms. This Radisson Hotel was superbly placed in Leicester Square, within easy reach on many restaurants and theatres.
We arrived in a cloudburst and the receptionist took one look at us and rushed to get us towels, which were very welcome. The bar is just off the foyer and is very convenient for us all to gather to have drinks and a chat. The rooms were good with everything one could possibly need, including iron & ironing board.
The breakfast was perfect, everything one could wish for, some of our group said it was the best one ever.
We had a small problem and the manager, Chris I think, dealt with it very quickly. The concierge were outstanding, calling a taxi opening the taxi doors and placing our luggage in the taxi for us. We couldn't fault it. Many thanks!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not too close to the lift, other guests can be noisy when they arrive back late.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Patti,

Thank you, not only for sharing such a wonderful review with us, but for choosing our hotel to celebrate such a special occasion with your family.

I am delighted to hear how much you and your family enjoyed your time with us and especially being in our prime central location. I am so pleased you were able to make the most of our close proximity to some of the top west end musicals and shows and we really hope you enjoyed your theatre visits.

It is lovely to learn that everything our rooms and team offered in terms of facilities and services were everything you could need and wish for. I have been sure to share your kind and positive feedback with all of the staff here at the Hampshire so we may continue to provide such a faultless service.

I hope another occasion will bring you back to London soon and that you will choose the Hampshire once again for your visit. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel for any assistance with your booking.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

At £180 per night without breakfast this appears to be overpriced. on the 1st evening at about 23.00 I returned to the hotel and went to the bar for a late night drink but although still advertised as open there were no staff. I went to reception and was told that I would have to wait............

I ordered newspapers for the 2 nights that I stopped. On the first morning ..... no newspaper.......

When I checked out the bill produced indicated that I had had breakfast - although I didn't due to the cost.

All in all not what you would expect from a hotel charging these rates.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

It is disappointing to learn you did not have the experience we strive to achieve for our guests and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the service shortfalls experienced. We always aim to exceed our guests expectation and to hear that we have not be able to provide our offered services on two occasions is indeed unacceptable. Please be assured this has been discussed to the hotels management to ensure that all teams are consistent in delivering the high standards we pride ourselves on.

I would like to apologise for the confusion regarding the breakfast charges made to your room. I am however very pleased to see these were rectified before your check out with us.

I sincerely hope we will have the chance to welcome you back, with the opportunity to provide an altogether better stay. Should you decide to return please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I may personally oversee the details of your stay.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The hotel is really well situated and is a short walk from major tourist sites and the galore of food options in Soho and Mayfair. If you are on a visit here, the hotel isn't the fanciest by far, but the location is highly convenient

Pros
- Location location location!
- Rooms were quiet enough and the view was great from my room

Cons
- Can get a bit crowded with tourists just outside of the door

Room Tip: Get a high floor room as those might have a view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Han N
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Han,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted you enjoyed our prime location. We couldn’t agree more that our central spot lends us the benefits of so many great attractions, restaurants and landmarks all within walking distance or a short and easy tube ride.

Being located right on the edge of Leicester Square certainly means we are in the heart of the hustle and bustle of activity. I am however pleased you were able to enjoy a quiet and peaceful heaven in your room with a view overlooking all the excitement below.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We visited the lounge bar , we've been in rush to go to theater and we wanted something fast, very nice cocktail, very good coffee, nice atmosphere , excellent fish fingers for my son, the waiter was very helpful thank you very much Mark!!!!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank christosdamasiotis
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Christos,

Thank you for choosing out Scoff & Banter Restaurant for your pre-theatre drinks. I am so pleased you enjoyed your afternoon and liked the atmosphere of our bar.

The fish finger sandwich is one of my favourite options and I am so pleased your son liked it too!

We hope you enjoyed your theatre show and we hope you will pop by to us again soon.