“Radisson Blu Edw hampshire hotel. Leicester Sq. London.18+19July14”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel
Ranked #113 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel enjoys a great location. Can walk to Picadilly Circus, Trafalgar Sq., Covent Garden. Great for Theaterland. Quality property. Staff very helpful. I would stay there again. Alistair.Aberdeen. Scotland.

Room Tip: We chose a room to the rear of the hotel. It was very quiet. A room overlooking Leicester Sq may hav...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alice C, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

It is always a pleasure to read that we continue to execute service delivery with a bar of excellence and create an experience for our guests whilst in our hospitality. I have shared your review with my team and we are extremely delighted.

At Radisson BLU Edwardian Hotels, our motto is to make people feel special with a genuine "Yes I Can" attitude. I'm extremely proud that we have ticked all the boxes.

The comments we receive from our customers are the main reason why we come to work on a day to day basis. You have just made our day just that much brighter.

Once again, thank you for staying and we hope to see you very soon.Please feel free to contact me at any stage as I would be delighted to assist you with your future reservation plans should you be returning to town.

Best Wishes.

Simon Wong

Write a ReviewReviews (2,965)

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The location is amazing and the staff have always been friendly and helpful. After my first stay here for business nearly two years ago I do everything I can to return when I find myself back in London. The location is in the heart of London. You will find yourself literally min away from some the main attractions in London. Everything about this hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brobb565

Dear Guest,

I am thrilled to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us and for recommending us so highly to other travellers.

It is excellent to learn how helpful you found our staff and that these efforts resulted in an even more enjoyable stay! The team takes great pride in looking after our guests whilst in our hospitality and it is wonderful that each member of our team had an impact on your visit.

I certainly hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Please do contact me directly if I can be of assistance with your future bookings.

Simon Wong

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The location is directly on Leicester Square, it can't be beat! The room was small, which is to be expected from an older property - as such it was fairly noisy - we could easily hear the gentleman across the hall through our door and his! We booked the room using points so our expectations were low but had we paid the listed rate for the room, we would have been disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Nat,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased to hear how much you liked our location, being in the heart of the West End certainly has its benefits and with so much to do and see we never tire of our iconic location.

That said I am very concerned to hear you were disappointed with your room. Regardless of how our guests make or pay for their bookings we always aim to deliver 100% guest satisfaction and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Due to the nature of our building we do have varying room sizes across our room categories, therefore I am sure should you choose to return to us we can advise in finding a room suitable for your needs. Please do contact me directly at the hotel and I will be more than happy to assist.

I hope to hear from you.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

It was our first time in London and I wanted a central hotel to walk to most everywhere. I don't think I could have found a better place. Upon entering the lobby , we were greeted with very friendly staff who said they had a special room for me but wouldn't be available for a couple of hours. I believe it was 10:30 am , so I didn't expect the room to be ready at all . My daughter and I left our bags with the concierge and started off on exploring . We walked about 15 minutes through the charming streets lined with restaurants and shops to find Oxford Street ( the major shopping thoroughfare) . After some successful shopping and amazing sight seeing ( picadilly, historic buildings, etc) we made our way back to the hotel. We were handed our keys at the front counter by the same staff members , and made our way up to the room . Our luggage was set up in the room, and the room could not have been any better. Clean, modern bathroom in a unique charming building with two comfortable beds and all the expected comforts. We only had two nights and three days in London , but we covered a lot of ground from being right on Leicester Sq . And the concierge was very helpful in booking theatre tix , pointing us in the right direction, and arranging rides when needed. All around great experience and when I return I will definitely book there again.

Room Tip: I suggest you ask for a room overlooking the square if you wish to gaze at the hustle and bustle. Bu...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

It is wonderful to hear that you chose our Hampshire hotel for your first visit to London. We are indeed in the centre of it all and I am so pleased you felt you could not have found a better location. It certainly sounds as if you made the most of your time in London, exploring the area and everything it has to offer. We think we are the perfect base for anyone unfamiliar with the area as so many great sights are within walking distance.

I am so pleased to hear how much you liked your room. Our teams take a lot of care in ensuring our guests will be comfortable during their stay and it is very encouraging to learn how clean and comfortable you found your room.

I hope you will choose to return to us and that you have saved some sightseeing for another visit!

We look forward to the prospect of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

So many great people working together in one hotel! The service was excellent and just the way I like it. Nice welcome, friendly staff and very good to recognize us in the receiption, restaurant and bar.
The room we got was all right, but nothing more. The service was excellent and the room was completely clean at all times. The A/C worked brilliant. Quite small, but it had everything we needed.
Unfortunately we had a manor problem and that was that deliveries to the hotel (or nearby establishments) starting 6am with cars backing in with their beeping and they had long conversations with their customers. Completely impossible to sleep during a couple of hours. Not what we needed after a late night enjoing London's entertainment.
Get a room away from the morning deliveries and you will love this hotel. Not luxury, but not far away.

Room Tip: Get away from the backside of the hotel where you have deliveries from 6 am in the morning.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank denEldre

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire hotel.

I am delighted to hear how fantastic you found our staff. We are all extremely proud of the service we offer and it is a pleasure to be able to ensure our guests are comfortable and enjoy their time with us. It is lovely to learn that this was the case during your visit and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

I hope you will choose to stay with us again and please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your return to ensure we have all of your preferences in place.

I hope to hear from you.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The room was stifling. I also requested a twin superior room - which the website stated was available at the time i booked - I arrived bang on my official check-in time but I had a standard double. I even stated I would pay extra for an upgrade but they had no rooms available at all.. The staff and downstairs was nice but the room is dated. You pay for the location... through the nose...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
1  Thank AbuDhabiBurns
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am very concerned to hear how disappointed you were with your stay, this is certainly not the type of experience we aim to provide and completely incongruous with our usual high standards.

I understand a reservation had been made for one of our Superior rooms with a request for twin beds. Unfortunately due to the limited number of twin rooms we have at the hotel and as the reservation type was not guaranteed, on this occasion we were unable to accommodate the request. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Whilst we always do our best to accommodate our guests requests and preferences should our availability not permit we will always do our best to ensure our guests are as comfortable as possible during their stay. I am therefore very sorry to hear that this was not the case.

I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to prove our services and facilities to you and choose to return to stay with us on a future occasion. Please do contact me directly for assistance with your booking and it will be my pleasure to make all arrangements for you to ensure an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We always find it really difficult to find a hotel that gives us a feeling of luxury but where it is acceptable to have the children. We have previously stayed in the Grosvenor and whilst the hotel was well located we were disappointed with the staff and the room. We can honestly say this hotel had everything, a fab location, it's really close to lots of things but a stones throw from Covent Garden, China Town, Piccadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square to name a few. The family room, with a view of the square, was the biggest room we have had with a massive bed and sofa bed and a huge TV and bathroom. It's quiet even through the area is busy. The staff are fabulous, so helpful and wonderful with the children. We had dinner in Scoff & Banter and the staff were also fabulous in there , it's a lovely restaurant and bar and acceptable for kids to be in . They also have loads of seats outside, we did a lot of people watching whilst enjoying a Gin & Tonic in the sunshine. There are that many restaurants in the area you can have a different cuisine every night, which is exactly what we did! We were so impressed we will be going back next year and staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the square just makes the experience even better.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vicky B

Dear Vicky,

Thank you for recommending the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire hotel so highly and for sharing such positive feedback with us and fellow travellers.

I am so pleased you chose us for your family visit to London. We think the area is a fantastic choice for both children and adults alike as there is such a diverse range of sights to see and places to visit. With the draw of such an eclectic and popular area we take enormous pleasure in welcoming families to the hotel and I am so pleased you found our staff so helpful. We fully appreciate the need and preference for families traveling with children to be accommodated in the same room and we are so pleased you found your family room so spacious and comfortable and enjoyed the view overlooking Leicester Square.

I am delighted to read how much you liked our Scoff & Banter Restaurant and that amongst the abundance of eatery options surrounding the hotel you found the staff fantastic and our alfresco dining entertaining!

It is fantastic to hear you are already planning your return and we look forward to providing another enjoyable and comfortable stay.