“Best location!”

Ranked #142 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Victoria
“Best location!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel is in the BEST location! Right in the heart of the action and between two underground stations.

Our room overlooked Leicester Square. The bed was huge, comfortable and rooms were classic. The rooms were clean and hotel staff went above and beyond to make you feel welcome.

Only negative was that the noise levels in this hotel were really high. Anyone talking in the corridor could be heard in our room....really frustrating at 2am when you've been woken up.

We stayed 2 nights at the end of our Europe holiday and were spewing we weren't staying longer. Book it, you'll love it!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such a fantastic review following your stay with us and for recommending our hotel so highly to other travellers.

It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that you found our rooms comfortable, clean and that you were privy to one of the amazing views overlooking Leicester Square. Being in the heart of theatre land you are in the centre of the action and these front facing rooms over a unique bird’s eye view to all of the activity below.

I am very sorry to hear that you were disturbed in your room, I completely understand your frustration and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. I have addressed this with our hotels management team to ensure that further enhancements are made to the sound proofing of our rooms. We sincerely understand the importance of a good night’s sleep and this has been duly recognised to become our highest priority.

I am delighted how hospitable you found our staff. We thoroughly enjoy welcoming both new and familiar faces to the Hampshire hotel and we hope we will be welcoming you back again soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

This is a brilliant hotel , the staff are fantastic especially the man on the concierge desk . The only thing I would complain about is the price of the drinks they are so overpriced .But it didn't spoil our stay we just drank elsewhere

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Welha

Thank you for sharing such a positive review following your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire hotel.

I am delighted to hear how fantastic you found our staff, and especially our concierge. We are very lucky to have one of the best concierge teams, whose knowledge of the surrounding area is paramount to assisting our guests in being able to make the most of their time in London. I am so pleased this has been the case for your visit and I have been sure to share your kind comments with them.

I am very sorry to hear that you found our bar prices on the high side. We completely understand price is a subjective matter and all prices are based competitively with similar offerings in the surrounding area. That said, I have been sure to raise your feedback with the hotels management team to review and ensure our guests are able to enjoy the best offers available.

Once again I thank you for your feedback and we hope we will welcome you back to the hotel again very soon.

sarasota, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2014

my wife and I stay here at the Edwardian every year. It is superb. The atmosphere is historic; the location is perfect for seeing theatre and London; the hotel staff is always helpful and will go over and beyond. iwould give this my highest recommendation

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Richard,

Thank you for sharing such a positive review following your stay with us and for your continued support of the Hampshire hotel.

It is a pleasure welcoming back familiar faces and I am so pleased that your stay this year was once again an enjoyable and memorable occasion.

It is really lovely to hear how our staff go above and beyond your expectations. It is a credit to the team and their hard work that ensures our guests have a comfortable and relaxing stay. I have been sure to share your feedback with them and they were delighted to have been of assistance during your visit.

I certainly hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again next year and thank you once again for recommending us so highly.

Cheshire
Reviewed 5 August 2014

In town for the 2 day Emirates cup at the weekend. Booked the Hampshire via Booking.com for the Saturday night. Reserved a twin bedded room, but arrived to find we were in a standard double. Not happy, especially as all twin rooms were taken. We were told that this often happens via this agent.
The staff we very pleasant and helpful, and they managed to switch us into King bedded room, with two separate sets of bedclothes. It was too late to seek an alternative, so we made the best of it.

room was decent size, with a view of nelsons column, the eye, and big ben. Breakfast was very good, but expensive.

Room Tip: Don't book twin rooms via Booking.com
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Pedro,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire hotel.

I am very sorry to hear that we were unable to provide your preferred room type, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Due to the nature of booking.com reservations your booking was received as a superior room with a request for separate beds. As this is a request only unfortunately we are not always able to guarantee the preferred bed orientation.

Should it be the case that the requested room type is not available we will always do all possible to ensure an alternative is offered to our guests to ensure their stay is as comfortable as possible. I am therefore pleased to hear we were able to offer an upgrade to a larger bed with separate bed sheets.

I am so pleased you enjoyed the view from your room, with our central location we are afforded with not only views of Leicester Square but the skyline of Westminster too.

I hope you will choose to stay with us again, please do contact me directly for assistance with your reservation and I will be more than happy to make arrangements for your booking.

Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband & I spent 3 nights at the Hampshire in June to celebrate his birthday. Welcoming reception, room ready even though we arrived a little early. Excellent room over looking Leicester Square. Relaxed restaurant & bar, pleasant outside area, great breakfast. Staff always helpful & pleasant - nothing was too much trouble. Going back for another few days in October.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire hotel to celebrate such a special occasion for your husband. It is really lovely to receive your feedback and hear how much you both enjoyed your stay.

I am glad we were able to organise your room to be ready prior to our guaranteed check-in time. Should our rooms be available we will always do all that we can to ensure our guests rooms are ready for their arrival. Should this not be possible we will always store your luggage securely, with so much to do and see we understand the importance of the explorations to begin as soon as possible!

It is fantastic to learn you have already booked your next stay with us. Please do contact me directly at the hotel prior to your arrival to ensure we have all of your preferences in place.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Market Harborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My wife and I spent a great weekend in London and the Hampshire was a perfect central hotel. The reception was most welcoming even though our room was not quite ready.(complimentary drinks). The room was quite spacious for London with a great view of the London Eye and Big Ben.
The bar was busy with a nice atmosphere and the prices were not too bad for London. We didn't have breakfast here as there were plenty of places around Leicester square far cheaper than the hotel.
I would definitely spend another long weekend at the Hampshire again.

Room Tip: Rooms not overlooking leicester Square are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire hotel for your weekend visit to London.

I am so pleased to hear that our staff were welcome and that you were well looked after whilst waiting for your room to become available. We always aim to ensure our guests are as comfortable as possible whilst n our hospitality and I am very glad that this was the case during your stay.

It is great to hear how much you enjoyed our bar and its lively atmosphere. With a prime location right on Leicester Square we are able to offer not only a relaxed and comfortable bar area but also one of the best Al Fresco dining spaces. With a view directly onto the square we highly recommend choosing a cocktail and watching the eclectic mix of locals, tourists and celebrities walk by.

We are thrilled you will return to spend another weekend in our hospitality and we very much look forward to your next visit.

Peterborough
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We held a party in the penthouse function space, and it was fabulous! The staff on the day were wonderful - they were friendly, hard working, discreet and couldn't have cared more about the party. Couldn't have asked for better.

The view was great, the space was spotlessly clean and the price was very reasonable given the location.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Hannah,

I am thrilled to receive your review and learn how much you enjoyed your recent party in our Penthouse. We find this is such a great space for an array of occasions. With a panoramic view of London that really speaks for itself this space has the flexibility and diversity for all sorts of events, from conferences, corporate dinners, to wedding receptions.

It is really lovely to hear how helpful you found our staff, being on hand when needed and ensuring the event went smoothly without being intrusive is the service we aim for. I have been sure to share your comments with all of the conference and banqueting team and they are so pleased the event went well.

I hope we will be able to offer our services again for any future events you may have and we look forward to working with you on a future occasion.