“Great location - Very modern”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel
Ranked #94 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I recently stayed at the Mercer Street Hotel and it was great. Located centrally to anywhere, so walking is a breeze. While the location is a short walk to the entertainment district, The hotels lounge is hopping with plenty to do right outside the door. Also, if you like shopping, the hotel is in a very popular shopping area.

The rooms are small, but with all London hotels I have stayed in, no smaller than the rest. The room was quiet and the shades allowed me to tune out any activity from outside. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Manager-Mountbatten, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to really relax and explore our surroundings.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Very friendly and efficient staff. Quality hotel, very clean and comfortable with great central location. Rooms not huge but this is London.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Manager-Mountbatten, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and very pleased to see how much you have enjoyed your stay and the fabulous location here in Seven Dials, covent Garden.

why not try our dial Bar and Restaurant next time you are styaing with us?

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercer Street Hotel.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

we stayed here to go see Matilda the Musical (which is excellent by the way ). This hotel is in a great location for that and for the greater Covent Garden area.The condition of the lobby and rooms is excellent. We had a slightly different service experience than others in that we had a few minor issues with being allocated the wrong room and the quality/attitude of the waiting staff in the dial bar area. But those issues aside the hotel room was very nice (and new). I expect we would stay here again...

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and io am pleased that overall you have found the hotel to your liking with a great location and you would return.

I was disappointed to hear you had some servcie issues in the bar and I would welcome the opportunity to review this with you personally. i have sent an email to you directly.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercer Street hotel in the future.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

This hotel was recently refurbished, the quality is excellent. The room was very comfortable and imaculate with everything you would expect in a hotel of this quality. The staff were very friendly and helpful and they made our stay an absolute pleasure. I will be comming back.

Room Tip: The staff will tell you if there is an upgrade upon arrival.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback and I am so pleased to hear how much you have enjoyed your stay and facilities.

We would look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercer street hotel.

kind Regards

Reviewed 29 January 2012

There seem to be 6 or 8 Radissions in central London. This one sits right next to the 7 Dials and couldn't possibly be better located. You are steps away from all of the best restaurants, clubs and theatres in London. And for me a short 5 minute walk to work.

The hotel itself is very nice. The rooms are a bit "cozy" but well appointed. My guess is that this place has gone through a fairly major refurbishment in the pas year or two.

My only complaint about this hotel is that the lobby is sprayed with some very strong perfume at all hours of the day so much so that you can taste it after you've left the building. I admit I'm sensitive to scents like this but I imagine others have noticed this as well. I'm still giving 5 bubbles... just turn the perfume sprayer down management.

• Stayed: December 2011

Dear guest

Thank you for writing your review and giving your feedback, its really nice to hear how you have enjoyed your stay and especially how well located we are for you from your offices.

We are indeed in an ideal location in Seven dials, covent Garden and close to all amenities,servcies and attractions. Its a great area to walk around and discover.

We have completed a £15 million refurbishment in 2011 and it is lovely to hear how much you have enjoyed it.

Thank you for your coments regarding the lobby and it has alrwady been taken care of.

We look forward to wlecoming you back to the Mercer Street hotel

Regards

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Stayed here the other night. Great location right next to Covent Garden. Was a nice buzz to the hotel when I checked in. The staff were very friendly and helpful; was nice to be somewhere where the staff actually chat to you. The hotel was very 'boutiquey' and well furnished. The bedroom was well equipped and the bed was really comfortable. AS for breakfast... well I'm afraid I made a bit of a pig of myself. I knew I was going to be busy that day so a full english followed by a sample of the pastries and fruit from the buffet... I waddled away from the table! My only regret was that I was only staying the one night. I will be back though!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
kolombo, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments following your recent stay with us.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that all our staff were friendly and made you feel welcomed.
Glad to hear you didn't shy away and made the most of our breakfast!
We hope to see you back in the near future, thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Chose the hotel as it was rated as one of the best in London. It is not. The reception staff were fantastic and I was upgraded to a King room. I presume the king was from liliput. God know what the cheaper rooms were like.

Free wifi great but why have the travel lodge style big bottles of shampoo and gel attached to the wall. Bath was one of those fake ones which overflows if you have more than a couple of inches of water in it.

Room is modern, very clean and choice of tv stations good. Very convenient for theatre district

Would I return, sorry but no

• Stayed: January 2012