“Great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #124 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Basel, Switzerland
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

The hotel is located in the middle of the action near Covent Garden, close to theatre district, shopping and bars. The rooms are renovated, stylish, and calm. I will go back to this hotel for my next stay on London. Really enjoyed it.

1 Thank I A
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear I A,

Thank you for sharing your lovely feedback with us and with the Trip Advisor followers.

It was a pleasure to learn that you and your partner enjoyed not only the really central and vibrant location of the Hotel but also its style and décor.
The team and I are thrilled to read that you had a great time at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel and that you will stay with us again.

Please contact me next time you are coming to the Hotel, I would be happy to look after your reservation and your time with us.

email: maidab@radisson.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

We stayed at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel on Saturday 23rd November. I couldn't recommend this hotel enough. The location was the first thing we noticed and just how amazing the hotel looks with all the Christmas lights around it!
We were greeted with a very warm welcome at reception and although we had booked a standard double room we received a complementary upgrade to a King Deluxe. The room was well decorated and quite spacious with a nice large bathroom. There was even an apple TV box. Whilst we were getting ready to go out for the evening, we received a knock on the door and it was a lovely surprise... two complementary cookies with a nice "thought for the day". A lovely touch. Whilst we were out we received a turn down service. Just a two minute walk away is a lovely place called Bill's to have breakfast! Amazing food! (just next to Jamie's Italian). Would certainly recommend this hotel!

Dear Sara B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am so pleased that you had an excellent stay! I could't agree more about the Christmas lights: they make the Hotel and the Covent Garden area look magic.
I am delightful to read that you liked the room and that we were able to upgrade you to a bigger one, we like to spoil our guest when we are able to do so.

I hope to welcome you back soon and perhaps next time you would like to try our Restaurant Scoff & Banter, new concept and new tasty British menu.
Thank you again for staying at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel and please do not hesitate to contact me for any future booking or any assistance you might need.

Nice, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

Excellent location, very central, easy access to absolutely everything, hotel style is a successful mixture of modern and cosy, main street is quite quiet and we had a lovely view over the surrounding roofs and the London Eye in the distance, room wasn't huge but spacious enough for two, bathroom was particularly nice and practical, staff was professional and friendly, and last but not least, breakfast was particularly well served, everything very fresh and tasty. Been to quite a few 4-5 star hotels and never bothered leaving a review on tripadvisor but this one deserves to be praised. I won't bother going anywhere else next time I'm in London!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Charline F,

Thank you for taking your time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor, it really means a lot.

It is a great feeling reading your lovely review and that you will come back every time you will be in London.
I am pleased that you found our staff professional and friendly and that you enjoyed the beautiful view from your room .
I can happily see that you tried our breakfast and that you enjoyed it, perhaps next time you would love to try our recently lunched Scoff and Banter Restaurant with its fresh and new British menu.
Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel and please contact me next time you are coming to stay with us.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Just returned from a 3 night break staying at the Mercer street hotel and I most say that this is the area you should stay in for Central London and the west end, great shops, coffee shops and bars and only about 250 yards to Convent Garden tube station. The hotel has a decent bar(Scoff & Banter), and we had 3 excellent nights sleep(not sure if that was the drink). Although the bedroom was a good size, I have to say that of all the hotels I have stayed in, this hotel had the smallest bathroom you could imagine(no more than 6ft. x 4ft), I had great difficulty turning round without banging into something! Found the front desk staff a little cold, no good morning, the bar staff good and the the hotel and the rooms spotless! Tip for anybody staying in this hotel or in the area, have the porridge from M&S and then take lunch at one of the excellent restaurants in Covent Garden.

Dear Chinaboy7,

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street hotel.

The location is indeed one of the best: really vibrant, walking distance from theatres, restaurants, main London attractions and transportation links.
It is quite disappointing that you find our front desk staff little cold, I can assure you that these are not the usual standards, please accept my sincerest apologies.

I hope that you will stay again with us in the near future and I would love if you could contact me next time you stay with us so I could personally make sure that any of your request, such as a bigger bathroom, can be satisfy.
We always try to personalise our services and to accommodate any guest requests.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have stayed in this hotel three times, once with my husband and twice with my daughter and have never been disappointed. It is spotlessly clean, and staff are very helpful. Rooms are good, with comfortable bed and a great bathroom. Breakfast was lovely. I am returning here with my husband next week to celebrate our Ruby Wedding Anniversary and looking forward to a lovely weekend. Hope the Christmas lights will be sparkling at Seven Dials!

Room Tip: Pick a street facing room.
Dear Jean I,

Thank you for sharing such as nice feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed staying at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel in different occasions and I am delighted to know that you are coming back to celebrate such a special occasion.
The team and I are extremely passionate in delivering the best service to our guests and it extremely rewarding when we receive such a lovely feedback.
Perhaps next time you would like to dine in our Restaurant Scoff and Banter, I would love to hear your feedback.

Thank you very much for staying with us and please contact me personally for your next stay or for any other assistance.
I wish you a very happy Ruby Wedding Anniversary .

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel for many reasons: the location in Covent Garden, the awesome staff and the amenities. The amenities include a business center with a computer to use without charge and a fitness center which does not only have aerobic machines but weights and core equipment as well. The wifi is free throughout the hotel.

I intend to stay at this hotel for my frequent future visits given the proximity to The Royal Opera House and various theatres.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Paul_Lemal,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It is really rewarding reading that you enjoyed your stay : the location in Covent Garden is indeed unbeatable,really central and close to theatres and restaurants.
I am pleased to learn that you had the possibility to truly enjoy our business centre, gym and the complementary wifi and that you found our staff awesome.
I am delighted to know that you intent to stay with us again and, if you haven't had the chance yet, I would suggest you to dine in our Restaurant Scoff and Banter or try one of our great cocktails at the Bar.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any future booking, I would like to meet you personally and make sure you have another enjoyable stay with us.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Really nice, good quality fittings & decor. Really good atmosphere in all areas. The staff are really professional and helpful. The bar is great, again the staff are professional and knowledgable. the food was very good. the location is spot on for most things in town, and about 5 mins walk Covent garden tube. nice place to stay in town all round. Make sure you ask for a room on a high floor.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Dr Jim,

Thank you very much for providing this kind review of your stay with us.

Naturally I was very pleased to read your kind comments about your time at Mercer Street & I was delighted to see that you chose to dine in our restaurant Scoff & Banter.

I do hope that you will consider returning to the hotel in the near future & would be delighted to handle your booking personally.

I look forward to meeting you on your next visit!

Regards,