“Location great, small room and front desk service questionnable”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel
Ranked #92 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Absolute great location - maybe best location to stay in the whole of London? But our stay in the hotel 7-9 Mars was hugely tainted by two front desk employees who should consider taking an employment outside the service industry. They made a terrible first impression of this hotel, with lack of interest and bad attitude. The double room was the absolute smallest sized room I've ever stayed in any hotel, any category - and we'll have to take the word of the bad attitude service manager that all rooms are the same. Otherwise clean and nice, apart from the breakfast/dining room sofas that looked awfully stained. Breakfast for 23 pounds - I would recommend to skip that and instead enjoy any of the many really cosy small cafes just around some corners.

Room Tip: Check that your room is not located too close to the elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Fredrik H,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us.

Naturally I am concerned to read that there were issues during your stay & I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.

It was disappointing to learnt that you were not satisfied with the two members of staff that you dealt with at reception.

If you would be kind enought to contact me directly regarding this matter I would be pleased to understand your concerns in more detail.

I have also addressed the issue regarding the sofas in the dining room as I agree that this is unacceptable.

I do hope that despite these issues you will consider returning to us in the near future & I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Mercedes Bosch
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I am a Londoner who now lives in Hampshire but who loves to spend the occasional weekend back in the capital and I think that, above all, the Radisson Mercer Street offers a perfect location.

What's more, the rooms are stylish and comfortable, the staff friendly and welcoming, the bar first class.

All in all, this is a super hotel and I thoroughly recommended it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Theoriginalchoppy ,

It was great to read that the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel is your chosen hotel for your weekend breaks in London, thank you very much.

We are located in a perfect spot, in the heart of Covent Garden not only walking distance to everything but also well connected to other areas of the city.
I am pleased that you found our rooms comfortable and stylish and that you enjoyed our "Scoff & Banter" Bar.
Thank you for being such a loyal customer and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

2 night stay got a good deal including breakfast. Room was very small but this is London - lovely decor and everything we needed including robes and toiletries. Had breakfast served in our rooms - there's a small fee for this. Didn't use any other facilities. The hotel is directly opposite the theatre showing Matilda so ideal if you are seeing that. Would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Choggy32 ,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, this is much appreciated.
I am glad that, even though you found the room small, you liked its décor and facilities.
As you correctly said the Hotel is in a lovely location, in the heart of the " Seven Dials village", opposite to the Cambridge Theatre (showing Matilda) and walking distance to most of the other theatres.

Please contact me for any future booking, I would be happy to look after you time with us.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Only stayed here for one night and although the room was small it was clean and modern and contained all the amenities you would require for an overnight stay. (Tea/coffie making, extra pillows/tv/safe etc etc.) Great location for Covent Garden, theatres, shopping. Check in (and out) very quick and reception staff very helpful. Would definatly recommend.

Dear Sue5,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely feedback.
As you mentioned, we are very lucky to be in such a central and vibrant area, I am glad that you enjoyed it.
I was pleased to read that you liked our rooms, they have a nice and modern décor and they are well equipped.
It is great to know that you found our reception staff quick and helpful and that overall you had a really nice time with us.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This is a gem in what can only be described as one of the best locations possible in London. The heart of Covent Garden minutes from Leicester Square and theatreland. I told them we were coming for our anniversary and we were upgraded and they sent a lovely cake to our room. Staff are charming. We are aware that some rooms are reported to be small so I took the precaution of calling them beforehand and requesting a larger room. In any event they had not only obliged us with that but upgraded us as well. Breakfast is very nice but at £23 there are tons of cafes outside that will do whatever you fancy for far less. You can be sure we will be back

Room Tip: Don't forget to request a big bedroom

Dear davidabarnes,

As we aim to create memorable experiences I was delighted to read your review, thank you!
I absolutely agree with you: our location is perfect, Covent Garden area is convenient and steps away from everything.
I am pleased that we were able to satisfied your request of a bigger room and that you enjoyed our little treat for your special occasion.

Thank you for celebrating your anniversary at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel.
We hope to welcome you back soon and please contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed in a room that should have been called an Attic. The roof sloped so much that I needed to bend over to get to my side of the bed. There is no way a gent of 6 foot or over could have managed it.
There was no space for suitcases, being on a trip we had a sizeable one each and had to put them on the bed to open them.
Disappointed there was not a fridge in the room. Milk for a cuppa? Nope.
All of the glasses in the room were all wrapped in plastic. Not very ecofriendly.
The wardrobe, which includes the tea making facilities is a part of bathroom, where the toilet is. Far from ideal.

It's a chain hotel, and the service felt like it. The check in took far too long and the check out was as bad. The small foyer was getting very busy as people tried to check out with their luggage.

We only stayed one night, and were thankful is was only one night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank J_in_Sydney
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear J_in_Sydney,

I appreciate the time you took to share your feedback with us, thank you.

I was quite disappointed to read that you haven't enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel.
We have different room sizes and categories and only few of them have the walk-in wardrobe connected to the bathroom. As I previously mentioned due to the nature of the building some of the rooms are smaller than others but we always try our best to accommodate guest requests. Our double standard and double superior rooms do not have a mini bar or fridge, the only rooms that have a fridge are king deluxe and suites. However we have some spare fridges that we can place into a room upon request and we do have 24h room service. Regarding glasses they are wrapped in plastic for cleanliness reasons, they get washed and to make sure that they are ready and clean for the next guest we wrapped them in plastic.

I apologise if the service was cold and not good as expected, we always try to be as helpful as possible and we have a culture of personalised service. I am really sorry that you haven't received it, please accept my sincerest apologises.

I would be happy to go over your constructive feedback with you, please contact me anytime.
Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here on a business trip and I wasn't disappointed. The check in was smooth and speedy and the staff were very helpful and polite. Concierge booked us into a restaurant nearby for dinner and did so quickly and efficiently. Room was comfortable, spacious and lacked nothing. Breakfast was superb .. Freshly cooked and quality ingredients. Highly recommend and will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear KatiebrightonSussex ,

It is lovely to read that you had such a good time with us and that you received an excellent service, thank you for sharing it.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed very much your comfortable room and that you found it being perfect for the occasion.

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel and I hope to welcome you back soon. For any assistance you might need, please do not hesitate to contact me.

email:maidab@radisson.com