“Location, location and style”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel
Ranked #95 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hotel is a gem in a wonderful spot. There's just so much to walk to from its Seven Dials location. I first stayed here in 2000 and it's since been glammed up, with modern furnishings and interesting art pieces. I was fortunate to meet Elva on reception and when I inquired I discovered I could upgrade for 80 pounds to a glorious corner suite with lots of windows. Elva happily showed it to me and I immediately moved to make my four day stay even more enjoyable. A big lounge, gorgeous bedroom suite with choice of pillows and a comfy bed, separate bath and shower, and a separate room that served as a combined walk-in robe, kitchen and desk. Perfect to keep work out of sight when relaxing and to concentrate on work when needed. All the staff were lovely, some more officious than others but you can't knock efficiency. The housemaid Natalija was a delight, efficient, effective and attentive. The kitchen seems to struggle at times, both a lunch service and a breakfast were notable for apologies for late food, yet the other two breakfasts were flawless it seemed. Breakfast is a good spread with some neat ideas (eg, assorted seeds and nuts to dress up cereal or yoghurt). I only wish my partner was with me so we'll just have to return together... Soon.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear J0hnnyG13,

Thank you for writing this excellent review!
The hotel's location is indeed unbeatable as it is extremely central and it is surrounded by bespoke boutique shops to explore which create a magical atmosphere.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our junior suite, they are remarkably gorgeous rooms with plenty of space and a great view!
Thank you vey much for highlighting the great service received by Natalija and Elva, I will share your feedback with them and I am sure they will be thrilled!

I trust you will come back to visit us soon with your partner!
Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance you might need.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We spent two days and one night in London, the trip built around a trip to the theatre. The Hotel was perfectly located for theatre-land, Covent Garden, Leicester Square etc. Not only was it in the right location, the service was excellent, cannot fault the Hotel. It wasn't cheap, but as a treat it was spot on.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Martin W,

Thank you for sharing your great feedback!
I was delighted to read about your perfect stay. The Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel is indeed the perfect place for a theatre break as all the major London theatres are within walking distance. Also thank you for highlighting the excellent service received by our staff, everyone works hard to make sure that our guests have a special and memorable time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you and your partner back!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Nice location in Covent Garden – it's easy to walk to lots of restaurants and charming small shops. The room and bath are compact. A nice feature in the bath is a heated towel bar. The hair dryer was quite hard to find – it’s mounted inside the dark closet next to the ironing board. Décor is modern, the mattress is comfortable, and the room was spotless. Ours on the 5th floor didn't have much of a view, but was extremely quiet. Buffet breakfast was £23 for a small cold buffet plus a substantial, hot, made-to-order item. The fitness room is tiny and windowless, with two rickety treadmills and two ellipticals, gigantic free weights, and other equipment. If you have an early flight out, ask the front desk to reserve a cab for you the day before - we appreciated this service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear VickyBee333,

I very much appreciate the time you took to write about your positive experience at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel.
I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your quiet and comfortable room, its amenities and the hotel's facilities. As you correctly said we are in an extremely nice location, surrounded by charming shops and restaurants.
Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,

email; maidab@radisson.com

Reviewed 8 April 2014

An immaculate hotel, tucked away in Covent garden. I picked this hotel for a special weekend away and it exceeded my expectations. Helpful and proficient staff, this Radisson Edwardian hotel would be difficult to beat without remortgaging your house, will defiantly be staying again.

• Stayed: March 2014
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Wayer73,

Thank you for this lovely review, thrilled to learn that we exceeded your expectations!
We are extremely proud of our lively location and our great staff!

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel for your special weekend and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Booked through Booking.com for a 2 night stay as part of a Christmas present, all photos made the rooms look fantastic, all I can say is they were very creative. While the service was good and room clean, it was very poor value for money. We would have had a great deal more room had we stayed in a Premiere Inn or possibly even a B&B! And we were given a free upgrade when we arrived - I dread to think what our broom cupboard would have been like otherwise. The £535 I paid didn't include breakfast - that was another £23 per head on top, luckily there was a Bill's nearby which was fantastic VFM. Also hotel bar prices were obscene - £23 for 2 x small bottles of Magners and a G&T. Be very careful using this online company and check out all the reviews before choosing you hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim S

Dear Tim S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
Although I was quite disappointed to read that you weren't satisfied with your stay, I was really pleased to read that you received a good customer service and I am glad that we were able to upgrade your room for free on this occasion.
As much as I appreciate your feedback about our rates, I would like to highlight that we are a four star Hotel in a very popular location not only because is extremely central but also because is close to most of the theatres, nice Restaurants, shops and London attractions. Our rooms are well appointed, spotless clean and with good amenities. As I mentioned previously in other reviews, we have different room sizes and guests can choose the one that suit them the most.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Great hotel in a very convenient location for where I was meeting friends for an event. Decor is definitely different and you have to be ready fro the bold colour schemes! I was a bit distracted by the location of the hair dryer in the cupboard behind the iron!! Not exactly the most usable location!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Nick H,

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel and for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor.
It is lovely to know that our location was perfect for the purpose of your visit and that overall you enjoyed your time with us.

I hope to welcome you back soon and please do not hesitate to contact me for any future booking.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed one night for business in this hotel, and was pleasantly surprised by my stay. Check in and Check out was friendly and efficient. Despite being on the small side, my room on the 1st floor was spotless and welcoming. The decor was much more flamboyant than I was expecting, and the room had all the amenities you would expect (except tea/coffee facility maybe?). The bed was super comfortable and I enjoyed a hot shower in the morning. What more do you want?

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear joolsdeb,

Thank you for your taking the time to share your feedback with us.
I was very pleased to read that you were positively surprised by your stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel.
It is great to know that you truly like your room and its amenities and that overall you had a pleasant stay.

I hope to welcome you back soon and please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance with future bookings.

Thank you!