“Surprisingly good”

Ranked #118 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Surprisingly good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have stayed at other Radisson Blu Edwardian and I was disappointed. So it was a lovely surprise to enter this conveniently located hotel just outside the Seven Dials. Friendly staff welcomed us, the room was ready at already 10 a.m. Rooms are at the small side, but this is what to expect in London. Warm colors, comfy bed. We were most happy with our stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Anders F,

Delighted to read that we positively surprised you, thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us.
It is great to know that you received a warm and friendly welcome by our team and that we were able to have a room ready for you early in the morning.
We look forward to welcoming you back for another surprisingly good stay!

email: maidab@radisson.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Location
I picked this hotel as I wanted somewhere close to London's theatreland, and would say that this hotel is ideally located for the West End. And even a (long) walking distance to Tottenham Court Road and Oxford Street. Located at the Seven Dials, the hotel was surprisingly peaceful.

Room
Let's face it, London hotels are expensive. But we managed to get a deluxe room, and this was spacious for London. The room was tidy, with a good selection of UK and international tv channels. Bath with shower. One thing that was missing was some complimentary water, so I nipped out to get some from a nearby off-license. UK hotels miss out on these small-things that make a stay more satisfying.

Nearby food.
Breakfast was pricey, so we didnt want to risk having the usual poor standards set by international food chains. Across the road is a Cafe nero, but I would recommend the Kopapa if you want something more substantial. Their black pudding is delicious,

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank GTGULL
Dear Gtgull,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.
It was lovely to read that you enjoyed our fabulous location! Our proximity to theatres and shopping area makes the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel the perfect place for a great London break. I am pleased that you also liked your king deluxe room, its amenities and I do apologise if no complementary water was in the room as we usually offer it to our guest.

I hope to welcome you back soon and please contact me for anything you might need.
Thank you for staying with us.

Staffordshire, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night on 8th April. The location was perfect, close to Covent Garden and the theatres. The room was clean and had everything I needed. My room had been pre-paid as a gift, along with the cost of dinner and breakfast to be charged to the credit card used to pay for the room so I was thrilled to be staying at such a lovely hotel.

However, I was unaware there was a limit for the cost of dinner and had overspent by £5.50. I signed the bill and went out. When I returned from the theatre, I had a call advising me that I had not paid my dinner bill. I explained it should be charged to the credit card used to pay for my room and was then told of the limit. I said that it wasn't a problem and I would settle in the morning. I was told that was not acceptable and they would come and collect payment now - it was 11.15pm and I told them I had got undressed and was ready for bed. No problem, he would send a female colleague.

So, at 11.30pm a female staff member called at my room to collect £5.50; her credit card machine was not working in the room (I would guess the signal was too weak), so I paid cash - I did not have a receipt. For a hotel in a reputable group, I find this behaviour unacceptable, had the cost been £50.50 I might understand it, but for £5.50, are they that desperate? Although it is a good hotel in other aspects, I will not be staying there again, nor would I recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear BranstonGirl,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel.
I was really pleased to learn that you liked the room and the unique Hotel's surroundings.
It was very concerning to read that we weren't able to meet your expectations, please accept my sincerest apologies.
Please do not hesitate to contact me, I would like very much to talk to you directly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Boston, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Was disappointed by my stay here. A two-night stay on points, so I wasn't expecting to be treated especially well, but the service was pretty unimaginative and by the book. Had to wait late at night to get back into the hotel because the doors were locked and the front desk was either unmanned or disinterested in opening the door. Location is very touristy, which is great in some ways and awful in others.

I was upgraded to a "business" room, which was appreciated, but given that there's no desk or even as much as a sturdy chair in the room, I'm not sure what business this is supposed to entail. Toiletries are in refilled large containers. Bed had plenty of novelty pillows, none of which were comfortable. This hotel is somebody's idea of a London trip, but not mine.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear latrell1,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your feedback.

I was disappointed to read that you haven't enjoyed your time with us and that you didn't feel looked after.
We do our best to give the best customer service to all of our guests, it doesn't depend on the rate they are paying or how they make the booking. Proof of this was the complementary upgrade to one of our business class room.
I do apologise for the night team not assisting you promptly when you arrived, rest assure that I will follow up on this as this is not the standard of service we offer for our guests.

I am sorry you did not get a chance to enjoy the hotel, the location or the service.
If you will decide to give us another chance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you.

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Staying in Covent Garden at a high class hotel is very convenient. Short walk to the Market, to Soho, lots of theatres, book stores and restaurants was very convenient. The hotel is modern and clean, but we could have done with less perfume in the reception area. The room was very small, but clean and the double bed was very comfortable, Bathroom Nice and clean. We did not have breakfast there, chose instead a local cafe.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Knutsk,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and the Trip Advisor users.
Our Hotel is in such a lovely and very lively area with just a short walk to some of London's most iconic attractions.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your comfortable room and that overall you had a nice time with us.

I hope you will come to visit us back soon and please do not hesitate to contact me, I would be happy to oversee any requests you might have.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a gem in a wonderful spot. There's just so much to walk to from its Seven Dials location. I first stayed here in 2000 and it's since been glammed up, with modern furnishings and interesting art pieces. I was fortunate to meet Elva on reception and when I inquired I discovered I could upgrade for 80 pounds to a glorious corner suite with lots of windows. Elva happily showed it to me and I immediately moved to make my four day stay even more enjoyable. A big lounge, gorgeous bedroom suite with choice of pillows and a comfy bed, separate bath and shower, and a separate room that served as a combined walk-in robe, kitchen and desk. Perfect to keep work out of sight when relaxing and to concentrate on work when needed. All the staff were lovely, some more officious than others but you can't knock efficiency. The housemaid Natalija was a delight, efficient, effective and attentive. The kitchen seems to struggle at times, both a lunch service and a breakfast were notable for apologies for late food, yet the other two breakfasts were flawless it seemed. Breakfast is a good spread with some neat ideas (eg, assorted seeds and nuts to dress up cereal or yoghurt). I only wish my partner was with me so we'll just have to return together... Soon.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear J0hnnyG13,

Thank you for writing this excellent review!
The hotel's location is indeed unbeatable as it is extremely central and it is surrounded by bespoke boutique shops to explore which create a magical atmosphere.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our junior suite, they are remarkably gorgeous rooms with plenty of space and a great view!
Thank you vey much for highlighting the great service received by Natalija and Elva, I will share your feedback with them and I am sure they will be thrilled!

I trust you will come back to visit us soon with your partner!
Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance you might need.

Runcorn, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

We spent two days and one night in London, the trip built around a trip to the theatre. The Hotel was perfectly located for theatre-land, Covent Garden, Leicester Square etc. Not only was it in the right location, the service was excellent, cannot fault the Hotel. It wasn't cheap, but as a treat it was spot on.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Martin W,

Thank you for sharing your great feedback!
I was delighted to read about your perfect stay. The Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel is indeed the perfect place for a theatre break as all the major London theatres are within walking distance. Also thank you for highlighting the excellent service received by our staff, everyone works hard to make sure that our guests have a special and memorable time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you and your partner back!