“Fantastic location if staying in Covent Garden”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel
Ranked #108 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location if staying in Covent Garden”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

A great hotel in a good location for Covent Garden. The usual problem as with most London hotels is that the rooms are small and do not have very good views. However they are decorated tastefully with good furnishings and the bathroom while very small is well equipped. We booked a double and a twin room. The twin room was quite a bit smaller than the double room and for two people sharing was a bit of a squeeze.

However it was very clean and comfortable and I would stay there again as the location was good being close to everything that the area around Covent Garden has to offer. Despite its location on Seven Dials it was very quiet.

We arrived on a Sunday about 11.20am and was amazed to be able to get into our rooms. I know that this cannot be guaranteed but I have to say this was a really good start to our trip and meant that we could unpack immediately and start out mini break.

Just one small complaint is that I pre-warned the hotel that we were there to celebrate my mother's 80th birthday and some small recognition of this by the hotel would have been a lovely touch but they chose to ignore this. I know they must have a lot of guests but sometimes a little effort for special events would be make all the difference.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Travelhappyalways,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback.
I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and our very nice location.
It is great that you liked your comfortable rooms and that they were quiet even though in the heart of Covent Garden.

I am very sorry that you felt we ignored the 80th birthday of your mum, unfortunately I can assure you that this information wasn't in our system and I am following it up with our central reservation department who are the one that most probably received your email. We always do our best to acknowledge our guests' special occasion because as you said little things does make the difference.

Please contact me the next time you would like to stay with us, I would love to look after your time at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel.

email: maidab@radisson.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have just returned from a three night stay at this lovely hotel and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The hotel is enviably situated in the Seven Dials area of Covent Garden where there are a vast amount of restaurants, bars, theatres and shops on your doorstep. The central location is a perfect base for exploring London as you can walk to the vast majority of the attractions and for the few that are further afield, Leicester Square tube station is just 5 minutes walk away. The breakfast was of a good standard with a choice from the buffet or a cooked breakfast from the menu. I stayed in a Deluxe King Room which was a decent size and had a comfortable bed. All in all, I would definitely return to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter and the deluxe king rooms offer just that little bit more space.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear defyxgravity,

Many thanks for this great review!
I was extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed very much your stay and that you got the most out of our fabulous location. It is lovely to know that you liked your room and that you had a good start of the day with a tasty breakfast.
We look forward to your return and please contact us for anything you might need.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Booked as a 'topsecret' deal but couldn't have been more pleased with the hotel or location. We has a small double but it was very stylish & comfortable. We checked in at 12.00 and were able to have access to our room immediately - a first for us out of all the hotels we've stayed in. The staff were very welcoming and helpful and we had cocktails in the bar which are highly recommended and the bar staff although very busy were friendly, and even showed us how to make the cocktails. The location is fantastic with lots of bars, restaurants & theatres in the immediate vicinity. We are already looking to return in the summer holidays.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Anita R,

Your review couldn't make us more happier, many thanks for writing it.
I am glad that you truly enjoyed the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel and our bar and restaurant "Scoff and Banter".
Great to know that on this occasion the team was able to give you access to your stylish room as soon as your arrived. Also thank you for highlighting the friendliness of the staff, being recognise by our guests motives the team very much.

Please contact me when you have a date in mind for your summer holidays, I would be glad to look after you reservation.

Warmest Regards,

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Room was lovely couldn't fault it breakfast the same well cooked and good service.
I would stay here again.
I only stayed one night but I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.
Ideal for my meeting. I found staff very helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Carl S,

I very much appreciated the time you took to share your feedback with us, thank you!
It is great to know that you had such a nice time while staying at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel and that your truly enjoyed everything.

Please contact me for any future booking, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Chico, California
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We chose this hotel for our first time in London and it couldn't have been better for us! The location was perfect, with several theaters in walking distance and tons of pubs and restaurants within a few minutes walk as well. It's right on the seven dials so there are lots of streets just off of that circle, which makes is really easy to walk almost anywhere. We did use the tube a few times and mostly used Leicester Square station, which was only a 5 minute walk from the hotel. We had a king room, which was nice and roomy with a very comfortable bed and all the amenities we needed. We ate in the hotel restaurant one night and had really delicious burgers! Every time we walked in we were greeted and each member of the staff was very friendly. We will definitely stay in this hotel again for our next trip to London!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Michaels017

Great feedback, thank you very much for sharing it.
It is fantastic to know that the Radisson Blu Edardian Mercer Street Hotel was the perfect place for your first time in London. We are very centrally located so from the Hotel you can really walk everywhere. I was very pleased to read that you liked your comfortable room and that you enjoyed eating in our restaurant "Scoff and Banter".
Thank you for highlighting the friendliness of our staff.
It was a pleasure having you with us! Please contact me next time you are coming to London,

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Location is great, Govent Garden in London. Leicester square metro station about 4 minutes and Govent Garden station even nearer. Service was great and renovated rooms.Near by a lot of nice restaurants and pubs and as well shopping!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Eeva H,

Lovely to read that you had a very nice experience with us, thank you.
It is great that you enjoyed both our very central and convenient location, our rooms and service.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to host you again soon.

Chew Magna, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Seven Dials area of Covent garden has got to be one of my favoutite areas of London's West End. Staying here was a dream. So easy to get to on the Underground from Paddington. We turned up early and were able to access our room before 1pm. The reception staff were very friendly although I felt all of the instructions were given very rapidly. Our king deluxe room was snug but comfortably appointed and all we needed as we spent much of our time out and about. The bathroom was small but very clean with lots of products to use. Personally I would prefer not to have a full length mirror view of myself as I sit on the loo...but maybe that's just me! There is an in-room fridge (unstocked, although ours had somebody elses left over smelly cheeses left in it...note to house-keeping: check the fridges.) We met friends and had a late drink in the bar after the theatre, but I felt the bar staff were rather fed-up that we had turned up and certainly didn't offer us a second drink. There are so many options in the surrounding area for eating and drinking that I would recommend taking your meals and drinks elsewhere. All in all we especially enjoyed having a bolt-hole in this lovely safe friendly ineresting part of the West End. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: There is so much to do outside of the hotel don't waste too much money on larger room unless yo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Julie D,

Many thanks for your lovely review!

I was very pleased to read that we were able to check you in early and that you enjoyed your comfortable room. Please accept my apologies to the inconveniences encountered both in the room and in the restaurant; rest assure that I have addressed them to the relevant Head of Department and actions will be taken to make sure it won't reoccur, thank you for letting us know.
I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.