Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel
The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$117
3,241 results
All reviewscovent gardengreat locationleicester squareapple tvwest endtheatre landdeluxe roomlovely hotelcentral locationhotel baran upgradewould highly recommend this hotelfull englishrooms are smalllondon hoteltube stationlondon eye
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel for two nights. We had two double rooms, which contrary to the other reviews were spacious and ideal for a weekend trip. Our room was on level 5 and very large, the other room was on level 6 and slightly smaller due to the roof angle.

Check In was Ok, we left our bags and then came back to check in after there being a problem with the systems.

One of the best locations , right on Seven Dials and can walk to anywhere in London from this base.

we didn't use the restaurant.

Room Tip: Lower level rooms seem to be larger. We had the room one up from standard.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura B
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Laura B,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic feedback with us and with the Trip Advisor users.
I was thrilled to read that you found your rooms spacious and perfect for your weekend break and that you enjoyed our amazing location.

The team and I hope to have you back soon and please contact me the next time you are coming to visit us.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed in this Hotel last night whilst we celebrated our 10th Anniversary with a show. The location of the hotel cannot be faulted, we were 5 minutes walk from the Theatre, and there are lots of cafés and restaurants in the locality too. As other people have stated the rooms are very small, so in our first floor double the person on the right hand side of the bed has no bedside cabinet, and is right next to the table, which I caught with my foot a number of times.
This would have been okay had we got a decent nights sleep, but we were woken at 4.30am by a load of banging and clattering, from nearby. This went on for quite a while, and then it quiet ended down. I believe a delivery of something turned up at this time. I mentioned this to the member of staff on the checkout in the morning and was extremely disappointed with his response. He was not interested at all, and all he gave was a perfunctory I'm sorry to hear that. So overall a very disappointing stay, which is a shame as we picked the Radisson because we got married in one in Malta.

Room Tip: I would avoid being on the first floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian N
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Mr. Ian N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

As you said our location is extremely central, minutes away from Theatres, Restaurants and nice little local shops to explore.
We do have some rooms that are rather small, it depends on the nature of the building and on the room category but we always do our best to accommodate any guest requests.
I am sorry that you didn't have a good night sleep and I was very concern in reading that the receptionist didn't show any interest in what you were telling him, please accept my sincerest apologies.

If you decide to stay again with us in the future, which I very much hope so, please contact me I will personally look after your time with us.
I look forward to hearing back from you.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was our choice of accommodation for a weekend visit to London to celebrate my wife's birthday after having frequented the bar on a previous visit (you've got to try the Mojitos!!!).
Locations wise it can't be beaten... right in the heart of Covent Garden, thus providing easy access to Soho and "theater land" venues. It was also ideal for our visit to The Ivy later that day.

The room choice (business room) gave us early check-in facility (which is what we were looking for), but I had to call up to get this ad the confirmation email mentioned the standard check-in time of 3pm. The check-in process was pretty smooth and the receptionist very helpful asking the usual questions and then guided us to the lifts.

The room proved to be quite big (as far as London rooms are concerned) and was pretty well decorated overall. The bathroom was also pretty well kitted out. Though a fridge was available, it was for personal use and not a stocked mini-bar... shame, especially for this kind of room!

The rate (£325/night) also included breakfast and we opted to have it in the room and the small tray charge... the English breakfast was spot on, as for the continental breakfast a couple of items weren't there or there was an alternative we didn't like.
Upon our return to the room later in the night we were greeted with a plate containing a cup-cake, a strawberry and a happy birthday message in chocolate... a lovely surprise considering we only briefly mentioned it when we checked in.

The king size bed felt quite a big and was very comfortable... a good night sleep for sure!

A couple of minor points... the airco struggled to get anywhere near low 20c and we received a call at 12.05pm the next day asking when we were going to check out?!?!? Gave the impression they wanted to chuck us out... we weren't very impressed with that kind of harassing!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Steven D,

Thank you for sharing your great feedback.
I was delighted to read that you had a lovely time with us and that you decided to celebrate such a special occasion at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel.
As you said our location is unbeatable, not only because is extremely central and minutes away from everything but also because of the magical atmosphere all around the Covent Garden area. I am glad to know that we were able to have you room ready before check-in time and that you enjoyed your good size room and its facilities.
Lovely to read that you enjoyed our amazing Mojitos, they are truly delicious!
Please accept my apologies for the way the team asked you about your check-out time, thank you for letting me know.

We hope to welcome you back very soon and please contact me for any future booking.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

A great hotel in a good location for Covent Garden. The usual problem as with most London hotels is that the rooms are small and do not have very good views. However they are decorated tastefully with good furnishings and the bathroom while very small is well equipped. We booked a double and a twin room. The twin room was quite a bit smaller than the double room and for two people sharing was a bit of a squeeze.

However it was very clean and comfortable and I would stay there again as the location was good being close to everything that the area around Covent Garden has to offer. Despite its location on Seven Dials it was very quiet.

We arrived on a Sunday about 11.20am and was amazed to be able to get into our rooms. I know that this cannot be guaranteed but I have to say this was a really good start to our trip and meant that we could unpack immediately and start out mini break.

Just one small complaint is that I pre-warned the hotel that we were there to celebrate my mother's 80th birthday and some small recognition of this by the hotel would have been a lovely touch but they chose to ignore this. I know they must have a lot of guests but sometimes a little effort for special events would be make all the difference.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Travelhappyalways,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback.
I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and our very nice location.
It is great that you liked your comfortable rooms and that they were quiet even though in the heart of Covent Garden.

I am very sorry that you felt we ignored the 80th birthday of your mum, unfortunately I can assure you that this information wasn't in our system and I am following it up with our central reservation department who are the one that most probably received your email. We always do our best to acknowledge our guests' special occasion because as you said little things does make the difference.

Please contact me the next time you would like to stay with us, I would love to look after your time at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have just returned from a three night stay at this lovely hotel and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The hotel is enviably situated in the Seven Dials area of Covent Garden where there are a vast amount of restaurants, bars, theatres and shops on your doorstep. The central location is a perfect base for exploring London as you can walk to the vast majority of the attractions and for the few that are further afield, Leicester Square tube station is just 5 minutes walk away. The breakfast was of a good standard with a choice from the buffet or a cooked breakfast from the menu. I stayed in a Deluxe King Room which was a decent size and had a comfortable bed. All in all, I would definitely return to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter and the deluxe king rooms offer just that little bit more space.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear defyxgravity,

Many thanks for this great review!
I was extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed very much your stay and that you got the most out of our fabulous location. It is lovely to know that you liked your room and that you had a good start of the day with a tasty breakfast.
We look forward to your return and please contact us for anything you might need.