“Nice rooms but don't hope for breakfast”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel
Ranked #108 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Texas
“Nice rooms but don't hope for breakfast”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed one night when we attended a production of The Royal Ballet in April. The room was fine and very quiet. However, when entering the hotel, one is overpowered with a scent of candles or incense. Would bother someone who is sensitive to smells. My clothes and hair smelled of it when we left to go out for cocktails. I never mind fragrance but this was too much. Also, I booked through a travel agent and she got me a reduced rate but once arriving, I felt the rate was a little high since no extras were included. Next morning, we inquired in the restaurant about breakfast and were told the only option was the buffet at a whopping cost of 32 pounds each. We told her we were guests in the hotel and she said, "That's the cost."
Had this been included in the room rate, would have made all the difference in the perceived value. Will look elsewhere on our next trip in December.

Room Tip: We requested a top floor room to avoid the street noise of Covent Garden and that made it nice. if o...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Assistant Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Julee27,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts with us. It helps us to know where and how we could possibly improve our services. As a principle of the Radisson Blu Edwardian we inspire in always having a willing ‘Yes I can’ attitude and approach in providing a service for our guests. I would like to express my apologies of your disappointment with breakfast. We offer two options for breakfast. The Continental breakfast which is the buffet style at £14 and English breakfast which is £23. I believe we must have accidentally communicated an incorrect rate for our breakfast when you inquired. I apologise that your stay wasn’t as great as expected, However I hope you do return to stay with us again in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will take great pleasure in making sure that everything exceeds your expectations.

Email: taylorc@radisson.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived for our honeymoon to stay two nights before moving onto Belgium.

Staff was courteous and even moved us to a larger room for our stay.

The room was spacious but since we only had two nights, we went out to walk around. Everything was close by. When we came back, they surprised us some cookies and spread rose petals all over the bed. It was very nice and not something they had to do.

Turnover service left the place very clean throughout the day.

We booked on points and weren't treated poorly as non paying customers either (which is what it has felt like in some other places in Europe). That was very nice.

I would definitely stay here again. From the bed, to the blanket, tv, to the bathroom. Everything was fantastic.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Angelajeremy123
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Assistant Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Angela & Jeremy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us on Trip advisor. You're comment is like music to my ears. We are all thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pleasure in making sure everyone enjoys their stay, therefore if we have the opportunity to upgrade our guests we truly try our best. It is also nice to hear that you enjoyed our special touch with the rose petals and cookies. The area in which the hotel is based is perfectly located with mostly everything only a few minutes stroll away, for example theatres, shops and of plenty of restaurant to choose from, not to forget our very own British style Scoff & Banter. I will definitely let housekeeping know of your good words about their turndown service.

Once again I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street and we look forward to offering you a warm welcome back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

email: taylorc@radisson.com
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Best located corporate hotel, with Radisson Blu chain, in Central London. Staff always friendly, has excellent gym and rooms, whilst small, are exceptionally well designed. Lobby area and reception houses fine / modern art, always a pleasure to check in.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Colin B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our Hotel is very uniquely decorated which makes it very appealing. We also like to surprise our guests and always leave them wondering what piece of interesting art work or scalture you'll approach next.

We hope to see you again soon and will be looking forward to welcoming you upon your arrival.

Email: taylorc@radisson.com
Needham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Note that I benefited from an upgrade and I ended up on the top floor which is the "business class" floor. The room was what you expect from this type of hotel: clean and beautiful. The view was great since the hotel is taller than the other buildings nearby. The only "down" was the shower: it was very basic. But all in all great hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Bitien,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor.
I was very pleased to read that you liked your room and its beautiful view.
It was lovely to know that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed our fantastic location.
We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Warm regards,

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here, despite living in London as a nice weekend treat with my wife. We were pleased with the location of the hotel, which is minutes from the heart of the West End and is surrounded by great bars and restaurants too.

The hotel was well maintained, very clean and the staff were warm and very welcoming. The rooms are very small, but this is to be expected in a unique location like this.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear MarshieP,

I was delighted to read your great review and to know that you had a very nice stay. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.
Please contact me next time you would like to stay again at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, I will make sure you are well looked after.

Isle of Sheppey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were early but managed to pre check in and leave our bags which was handy. The staff were friendly. When our room was ready we collected our card/keys and went to our room (222) we were a bit surprised at how small the room was in fact it was quite cramped but it was very clean. Our view was if a side street so we kept the blind down. After a good nights sleep we had breakfast which was very good with a huge choice.

In all the hotel is very well maintained and the staff very polite and friendly and it's location is great

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank humpty258
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear humpty258,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.
It was a pleasure to read your very lovely comments about the staff, they extremely motivated the team. I am sorry that you didn't like much your room, please contact me next time you would like to stay with us, I will look after your time here at the Mercer Street Hotel.

Nottingham
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel for two nights. We had two double rooms, which contrary to the other reviews were spacious and ideal for a weekend trip. Our room was on level 5 and very large, the other room was on level 6 and slightly smaller due to the roof angle.

Check In was Ok, we left our bags and then came back to check in after there being a problem with the systems.

One of the best locations , right on Seven Dials and can walk to anywhere in London from this base.

we didn't use the restaurant.

Room Tip: Lower level rooms seem to be larger. We had the room one up from standard.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura B
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Laura B,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic feedback with us and with the Trip Advisor users.
I was thrilled to read that you found your rooms spacious and perfect for your weekend break and that you enjoyed our amazing location.

The team and I hope to have you back soon and please contact me the next time you are coming to visit us.