“Fantastic location, extremely helpful and friendly staff, a delightful stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel

Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel
Ranked #124 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Great Britain
“Fantastic location, extremely helpful and friendly staff, a delightful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

My daughter, who lives abroad, arranged for my partner and I to stay in the Radisson Blu as part of my birthday treat. We arrived at 11 am in the morning expecting only to leave our luggage until we were allowed to go into our room, which would normally be in the afternoon. We were welcomed by the receptionist Gaspar who took our details and informed us that we were to be upgraded! What a surprise and also we could make use of our room immediately. Making our way through the foyer to the lifts we noticed the pleasant and modern decor. On entering our we were delighted with the room and bathroom which were clean and very modern with all the normal facilities. We had a very comfortable sleep in a very big bed and breakfast was superb with something for everyone. We vacated our room and left our luggage there all day until it was time for us to return home. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. The hotel itself, the helpful and friendly staff (especially Gaspar) and the amazing location.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear RachelGreatBritain,

I hope you enjoyed your birthday treat at our hotel. From the sounds of your wonderful comment you really did. Thank you for taking the time to share your comment with us on trip advisor. I have showed Gasper your comment which made him very happy that he was able to make your stay that little bit more special. The hotel has taken on a very modern and fresh outlook over the past few years which is appealing to many.

Thank you very much for your comment again and I look forward to greeting you upon your next arrival.

Many Thanks,
taylorc@radisson.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Mold, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is an excellent hotel in a great location. The facilities are very good, our room was very clean and a good size for London, in addition the staff were very friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a weekend break.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rob T
Dear Rob T,

I am very glad to read your comment and how delighted you were with the hotel. We are very well located and able to walk to many places such as any shop, theatres and restaurant around. We hope to be able to have the pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel again.

İstanbul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed in two different times in the hotel in a month. Staff is very welcoming, there is free wifi which really works 24 hours without any problems, superb location that you could walk to any highlights from the hotel. Hotel locates in Covent Garden, we could walk throughout the stay. You can just take Underground from Leicester UNderground to Heatrow airport which is Piccadilly line and takes 1 hour only. Leicester is 4 minutes walking distance to the hotel. If you take Holborn station which is 10 minutes walking distance to the hotel, you can go to Stratford to Westfield shopping mall which is huge. Nothing Hill Gate, Portobello markets etc all with a one line underground. There are nice restaurants and theaters you would have the only problem to decide:) . Bu the most important part was the people working in the hotel. Natalia, Antonietta in the breakfast but also the people serving breakfast. They were all fantastic and could remember us by using our names. I realized they were using the names of other guests as well . Very very genuine care, I felt like mum was preparing the breakfast. Such amazing people. Imran at the reception had a big smile on his face every time . After the wake up call I have been called again to make sure I was awake with a welcoming voice :) check in and check out processes do not make you crazy, they are always ready to serve you with anticipating your needs. Concierge is excellent, Cesar and other person, I could not catch all the names were always approaching to us to ask if we needed any assistance. Free coffee in the morning, a drink in the lobby throughout the day were nice gestures however the people in this hotel made my stay unforgettable .i can't skip Nadezda and Tatiana the housekeeping ladies were amazing. They did just anticipate me and gave the service accordingly. I can't imagine to stay in another hotel next time even though it would be more expensive , the service given can't be taken by paying money. Thank you guys and keep up doing great job!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Guide39
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Guide 39,

Reading your comment is thrilling. I am so pleased to hear that you were made to feel at home. The location allows you to walk most places or like you said an easy walk to the undergrounds which only takes 45 minutes to an hour on the Piccadilly line to the hotel from Heathrow airport. I have shown Natalia Antonietta your comment and she was so pleased to be part of your great experience while staying with us. We do alway try to know our guests by names as we would like you to all feel like your in your home away from home. The teams take great pleasure making check in and out process as smooth as possible and of course we are always happy to serve our guest whenever.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next stay.

Guest Relations Manager,
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Yes it's pricey, but a cracking location right in the middle of where it's all going on. Everything good quality, superb breakfast. Room very small, but what you expect for a London hotel. If you want to stay in Central London where you can walk everywhere from the hotel and don't mind paying a bit more for it, I'd recommend it.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank HEADshr1nker
Dear HEADshr1nker,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the location was ideal. The hotel is in a perfect location as you are able to walk most places. We have offices, shopping, food, theatres and parks all in a short walking distance from us. We are also well located for the underground access as well. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to London.

Many Thanks,
Sandvika, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel during my business trip. It was just perfect for doing after work at the room, exellent service and room service. Good food in the restaurant both for breakfast and dinner. Close walk to oxford, lecester and regent street. In the middle of theatres and plays :-) the rooms was just as nice and clean as in pictures that is a big plus. I will come back here for sure.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Geir T
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Geir T,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer street whilst on your business trip in London. We try to offer something for everyone. For example our hotel is just 5 minutes walking distance to offices, shopping, theatres and plenty of restaurants. We also provide complimentary WIFI throughout the hotel for any urgent business or personal needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Came to London with my daughter for a theatre break, [Miss Saigon] and stayed at this hotel due to its prime location. Covent Garden is great for shopping, and the hotel is approx 5 -10 mins walking distance to Leicester Square. The hotel itself is lovely, with friendly and helpful staff. Our twin room was spotlessly clean and well equipped with the usual toiletries, safe, complimentary bottled water, tea & coffee etc. The beds were really comfy and even though our particular room overlooked a local pub, we never heard a sound all night. Breakfast in the restaurant [Scoff and Banter] was fab with loads to chose from, fruit, cereals. pastries, cold meats, porridge, omelettes, etc and of course the usual cooked full English. We also ate a two course pre theatre dinner there prior to our show and this too was also excellent. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will personally not hesitate to book it again maybe for our Christmas shopping trip!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank ejrob56
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear ejrob56,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for your wonderful comments. The hotels location is perfect if you are planning on shopping, watching theatre, eating or just working as we are only a couple minutes walk from most locations. I am very glad that you really enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again at Christmas. Your welcome to contact me directly I am able to assist you with any new reservations.

Coventry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

This hotel is absolutely ideal for anyone visiting London to see a west end show. We chose this hotel due to the fact it was a 10 minute walk from Coventry Street where we were seeing a show. We arrived at 12.30pm and were able to check in straight away which was fantastic. We booked a standard room and for one nights stay it was great. We ate in the restaurant aswell which had great service and the food was good. We didn't have the breakfast as £23 per person seemed a bit steep! We went to "The Diner" just round the corner which does all day breakfast and pancakes etc which was really tasty.

Overall fantastic hotel would 100% book it again when visiting a show and would recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank NancyMCoventry
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear NacyMCoventry,

Thank you for your wonderful comment. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to get you checked in early. We try our best to get the rooms available as soon as possible so that our guests are able to start relaxing, enjoying themselves and feeling at home. I'm glad to see that you would stay with us again, please do contact me directly and I will be happy to make your reservation for you.

Guest Relations