“Very nice stay!”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel
Ranked #94 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My girlfriend took me for a one night stay in London in March 2014 as a birthday present and chose to stay at the Radisson Mercer Street. First impressions were very good, the hotel is only a short walk from Leiscester Square tube (Covent Garden is nearer but was closed!) and the lobby area is very clean. The reception staff were very welcoming and the bell boy carried our bags up to our room.

The room was impressive, spacious and nicely decorated, with a large and very clean bathroom as well as interactive TV. The hotel is situated in an area of Covent Garden with quite a few bars and restaurants but there are no busy roads so the rooms are quiet. I had a great nights sleep in the large comfy bed!

We had Matilda booked at the theatre across the road that evening and asked the concierge if he could recommend an Italian restaurant for us. Fair enough it was a warm Saturday night in Covent Garden and we didn't have a reservation but I thought his answer was rather off the mark- saying he couldn't give us his recommendation because we'd left it too late and we'd only get a 'mediocre' meal anywhere else. He told us of a few restaurants he thought were mediocre enough not to be full and whilst out we came across one by chance and actually had a really great meal!

Other than the snotty concierge this hotel is fabulous- very well located with nice, comfy rooms and a hearty full english and continental buffet breakfast in the morning!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew W
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Matthew W,

Thank you for your comment. I am very glad that your girlfriend chose to celebrate your birthday with us at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer. The hotel is very well located in terms of shops, dining and just mostly everything needed to be able to relax. I am very sorry about how the concierge responded to your questions. I will take this comment on board. I do understand that Saturdays can be very busy and sometime it can be hard to find a table however not everywhere takes reservations on Saturdays as it is so busy therefore the concierge should have at least tried his up right best to accommodate your request. Thank you for letting me of this and I will investigate into it.

I am glad that you ended up enjoying your meal out that night as we hope to see you and your girlfriend sometime soon in the future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Only in London one night, this was a great hotel to stay right in the centre of the theatre district so great in the evening for a meal and a show. The room was very comfortable and clean and the staff very friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Jill S,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us on trip advisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us here. The hotel alone is very homely, welcoming and comfortable. The outside surrounding areas also makes you feel like you’re in a hidden village of Covent Garden. It has a very special touch about it. We do hope that you are able to return on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was awoken at 05.00Hrs by noise this lasted approximailtey 30 minutes and I then struggled to get back to sleep, when I mentioned this to the member of staff on the reception he assured me he would speak to the duty manager and get back to me, unfortunately he failed to get back to me. The noise happened again the following morning and again I had to spend my time informing reception, they told me it must have been a develivery and they apologised.The premier inn guarantee a good nights sleep or a refund ! Now that’s service. Also after a great day sightseeing in London my wife and I returned to the hotel bar, my wife ordered a cappacinio coffee and was served what looked like a poor instant coffee, when it was pointed out to the member of staff that this was clearly not a cappuccino he replied that he had just cleaned the machine and if I came back in the morning he would make my wife a real cappuccino. Again this is not acceptable and not what I expect from a Radisson hotel. The room was to a good standard and the location was great, sadly the poor service we experienced by some staff made us feel let down which is of course a shame. Look on guys there are plenty more hotels with better service.

Dear Paul M,

It upsets me reading your comment. I am glad that you have written to us about the issues as I take these concerns very seriously. I have noted your comments about the coffee machine and will 100% investigate who you were dealing with. I will make sure that all staff members are aware that we provide a 'yes I can' attitude to all of our guests and that cleaning the coffee machine is not an excuse for not being able to make a coffee of any sort. Please so accept my apology for this situation. This does not display any of our high company standards that we offer.

Please do return to the hotel and contact me directly so that I can make sure that everything runs smoothly and to our correct company 'yes I can' attitude. I am also happy to arrange a location which should be a little more peaceful. I am also very sorry that you were disturbed during the night with delivery vans.

Please do contact me directly as I would happy to assist if you chose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

this hotel has a great location in the heart of london center, there a lot of cute shops and restaurants around and always loads of taxis passing! the hotel has a great service and although the rooms can be a bit small ( like most rooms in europe) they are very nicely decorated and very elegant.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear R E,

Thank you for your trip advisor comment. Happy to see that your time with us was enjoyable and that you were happy with the local surroundings. There are so many great restaurants around Covent Garden not to mention our very own Scoff & Banter Restaurant. Our rooms have been very well thought out in terms of design and layout as the nature of the building is unique.

Hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel and staff are fantastic. location is perfect for things around Covent garden . Hotel is modern and has a great buzz about in .Very very clean. Nothing is to much trouble for staff.Stayed in one of the suits...wow what an amazing room for the money. Really does put other more well known hotels in area to shame.

Dear Grame C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us. I am very happy to read your comment. The hotel is in a perfect location as you are able to walk anywhere such as oxford street, Soho, shopping and theatres. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Visited for my bday.
The hotel is centrally located in covent garden and is walking distance to soho.
The service was brilliant.
The first room was not suitable for our baby so we had been upgraded. They also provided us with a crib for the baby at no extra cost

If you need to stay in the west end you cant go wrong here!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Amit1uk

Dear Amit1uk,

Firstly I hope you enjoyed your birthday and had a fantastic time in London. I am sorry that the first room was not suitable for a baby however it is great to see that we were able to resolve the situation by upgrading you to a more suitable location. Thank you very much for your kind comment.

We hope to see you again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

What a true Gem ! in the heart of theater land. More like five star , rather than the 4 it is been graded. No this hotel does not have a pool. But ! that is all it is missing.

The interior is superb, and extremely clean, I have been in many five stars that needed a reminder about being clean, and service, This place is spotless. There is a wonderful old fashioned bed turn down service in the evening, which makes your stay feel so personal and
homey .

Every ! member of staff we met , were past professional, my gratitude to check in, which was so easy, also my gratitude goes to Danni , who made sure our stay once again was a personal one and , came and gave us room service when we asked and ran and did other things when asked, nothing was to much trouble.
My thanks to Nadia, who kept the room impeccable, and did the turn down service , she too was so kind and personal.
My thanks too to all the dining room staff and to the chef who came out to discuss what I could eat , as I have nut allergies.
The food was superb, freshly made all off it , some might complain about the prices, But we have been to many a place and to us it was about right. there was plenty of food and so yummy including your breakfast !!! thank goodness, no laid out yuk buffet of bacon and eggs ect, this is all freshly done, to order, the scrabbled eggs, were so buttery.
when booking the hotel, I looked at all the comparison sights , then looked at the hotel, it was having a sale on rooms, I booked a loft suit , but was upgraded to a luxury suit, which meant so much to us as my poor daughter has been though so much stress and upset recently. So my gratitude , to reservations . We will never ever forget you ! and the kindness you gave us.
the other thing we liked so much was the ability to make coffee in the room, so nice just to kick off the shoes and have real coffee.
If I were to make any form of a gripe which is not really worth a mention, it would be to have a little file on the bed on arrival, so electric dummies like me knew how to use certain things in the room and did not have to ring down stairs to disturb staff all the time. I felt bad about doing that, ie air conditioning, coffee maker , ect. however it is only the most minor of gripes as staff were so accommodating and did not mind in the least helping out.
To all staff once again, thank you for every thing and for making us feel at home ,like royalty, during our stay.

Room Tip: look out for the special offer deals and if you are planning to travel soon, pay in advance. No you...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Julianne W

Dear Julianna W,

Your comment is so lovely. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us. I am going to print it out and place it on our staff boards for everyone to see. We do try our best to make everyone feel special and that they are at their home away from home. If there is ever anything that we would be able to help with we are more than happy to try.

I am make sure that everyone you have mentioned in your comment will be over the moon that they were able to make your stay that much better. Our breakfast is made completely fresh and to order as you said so everything comes just how you like it.

I am so glad that you and your daughter loved the upgrade to one of our suites. We really do enjoy surprising our guests. Please do not worry about calling us when ever you need anything we are all very happy to help whenever.

I hope to see you again on your next trip to the hotel. Please contact me directly for your next trip. I would really like to welcome you back.

Best Regards,