“Perfect Location”

Ranked #103 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Paris, France
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Perfectly located at Seven Dials, the Hotel is at the very heart of Camden. Very nice and confortable rooms, well connected and with Apple TV. Excellent breakfast. And from there, you can go by foot everywhere in Covent Garden, Soho, and Camden.

• Stayed July 2014
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Renobacktomoab,

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you were happy with your stay and the location of the hotel was perfect. Please do come and stay with us again in the future we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Wishes,

taylorc@radisson.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My girlfriend took me for a one night stay in London in March 2014 as a birthday present and chose to stay at the Radisson Mercer Street. First impressions were very good, the hotel is only a short walk from Leiscester Square tube (Covent Garden is nearer but was closed!) and the lobby area is very clean. The reception staff were very welcoming and the bell boy carried our bags up to our room.

The room was impressive, spacious and nicely decorated, with a large and very clean bathroom as well as interactive TV. The hotel is situated in an area of Covent Garden with quite a few bars and restaurants but there are no busy roads so the rooms are quiet. I had a great nights sleep in the large comfy bed!

We had Matilda booked at the theatre across the road that evening and asked the concierge if he could recommend an Italian restaurant for us. Fair enough it was a warm Saturday night in Covent Garden and we didn't have a reservation but I thought his answer was rather off the mark- saying he couldn't give us his recommendation because we'd left it too late and we'd only get a 'mediocre' meal anywhere else. He told us of a few restaurants he thought were mediocre enough not to be full and whilst out we came across one by chance and actually had a really great meal!

Other than the snotty concierge this hotel is fabulous- very well located with nice, comfy rooms and a hearty full english and continental buffet breakfast in the morning!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matthew W
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Matthew W,

Thank you for your comment. I am very glad that your girlfriend chose to celebrate your birthday with us at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer. The hotel is very well located in terms of shops, dining and just mostly everything needed to be able to relax. I am very sorry about how the concierge responded to your questions. I will take this comment on board. I do understand that Saturdays can be very busy and sometime it can be hard to find a table however not everywhere takes reservations on Saturdays as it is so busy therefore the concierge should have at least tried his up right best to accommodate your request. Thank you for letting me of this and I will investigate into it.

I am glad that you ended up enjoying your meal out that night as we hope to see you and your girlfriend sometime soon in the future.

Warm Regards,
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Only in London one night, this was a great hotel to stay right in the centre of the theatre district so great in the evening for a meal and a show. The room was very comfortable and clean and the staff very friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Jill S,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us on trip advisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us here. The hotel alone is very homely, welcoming and comfortable. The outside surrounding areas also makes you feel like you’re in a hidden village of Covent Garden. It has a very special touch about it. We do hope that you are able to return on your next trip to London.

Be, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was awoken at 05.00Hrs by noise this lasted approximailtey 30 minutes and I then struggled to get back to sleep, when I mentioned this to the member of staff on the reception he assured me he would speak to the duty manager and get back to me, unfortunately he failed to get back to me. The noise happened again the following morning and again I had to spend my time informing reception, they told me it must have been a develivery and they apologised.The premier inn guarantee a good nights sleep or a refund ! Now that’s service. Also after a great day sightseeing in London my wife and I returned to the hotel bar, my wife ordered a cappacinio coffee and was served what looked like a poor instant coffee, when it was pointed out to the member of staff that this was clearly not a cappuccino he replied that he had just cleaned the machine and if I came back in the morning he would make my wife a real cappuccino. Again this is not acceptable and not what I expect from a Radisson hotel. The room was to a good standard and the location was great, sadly the poor service we experienced by some staff made us feel let down which is of course a shame. Look on guys there are plenty more hotels with better service.

Dear Paul M,

It upsets me reading your comment. I am glad that you have written to us about the issues as I take these concerns very seriously. I have noted your comments about the coffee machine and will 100% investigate who you were dealing with. I will make sure that all staff members are aware that we provide a 'yes I can' attitude to all of our guests and that cleaning the coffee machine is not an excuse for not being able to make a coffee of any sort. Please so accept my apology for this situation. This does not display any of our high company standards that we offer.

Please do return to the hotel and contact me directly so that I can make sure that everything runs smoothly and to our correct company 'yes I can' attitude. I am also happy to arrange a location which should be a little more peaceful. I am also very sorry that you were disturbed during the night with delivery vans.

Please do contact me directly as I would happy to assist if you chose to stay with us again in the future.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2014

this hotel has a great location in the heart of london center, there a lot of cute shops and restaurants around and always loads of taxis passing! the hotel has a great service and although the rooms can be a bit small ( like most rooms in europe) they are very nicely decorated and very elegant.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear R E,

Thank you for your trip advisor comment. Happy to see that your time with us was enjoyable and that you were happy with the local surroundings. There are so many great restaurants around Covent Garden not to mention our very own Scoff & Banter Restaurant. Our rooms have been very well thought out in terms of design and layout as the nature of the building is unique.

Hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel and staff are fantastic. location is perfect for things around Covent garden . Hotel is modern and has a great buzz about in .Very very clean. Nothing is to much trouble for staff.Stayed in one of the suits...wow what an amazing room for the money. Really does put other more well known hotels in area to shame.

Dear Grame C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us. I am very happy to read your comment. The hotel is in a perfect location as you are able to walk anywhere such as oxford street, Soho, shopping and theatres. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Visited for my bday.
The hotel is centrally located in covent garden and is walking distance to soho.
The service was brilliant.
The first room was not suitable for our baby so we had been upgraded. They also provided us with a crib for the baby at no extra cost

If you need to stay in the west end you cant go wrong here!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Amit1uk
Dear Amit1uk,

Firstly I hope you enjoyed your birthday and had a fantastic time in London. I am sorry that the first room was not suitable for a baby however it is great to see that we were able to resolve the situation by upgrading you to a more suitable location. Thank you very much for your kind comment.

We hope to see you again soon.

Warm Regards,