“Excellent”

Ranked #108 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

What a lovely hotel. Smiling friendly staff, clean rooms. It's situated right in the heart of Covent Garden, you can walk everywhere with ease. Wi Fi is free! We went to the opera house to see the Mariska ballet and it was a 5minute walk.

Room Tip: Go higher it's quieter. We were on the 4th floor but in any case there is virtually no traffic.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear SirGuyGiborne,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a comment. I am very happy to read that our staff greeted you with a warm and friendly smile. The hotel is in a very good location in terms of shopping, offices, coffee houses, theatres and many more. Everything is only a few minutes wonder through our lovely cultural streets.

I am glad that you chose to stay with us at the Mercer Street.

taylorc@radisson.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
England
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My wife took me here for my birthday last week, its a wonderful hotel on Mercer street, brilliant location, 5 mins to Liecester square, 5 mins the other way to covent garden, lots of pubs restraunts right on your doorstep. Room was nice and big and upto date, it has a Apple tv/internet so you can just plug and play. Iron/ironing board and a safe in the room.
Check in was quick and easy, all workers were cheerful and ready to help with any requests. The 'Happy Birthday' card and Cake left in the room were a nice touch. The only thing that went wrong for us is that we asked for a late check out as we were going to have a bit of a lie in, unfourtunatley we had 2 wake up calls at 7 o clock, mistakes happen but they gave us a free breakfast which i must say if you have the money for it £20 ish it is well worth it.
All in all a very nice hotel in a very nice part of town (cobbled streets)

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Edvardono1,

Thank you for your wonderful comment. I am so delighted to read that you enjoyed your birthday whilst staying with us at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer street. The hotel is in a perfect location so that you are able to walk to shops, theatre's, coffee shops and many more. Everything is only a few minutes walk away.
I am happy that you liked your birthday cake and card which we left in the room for you. I hope it made your stay a little more special.
I am very sorry that you received two wake up calls on the morning which was planned for a lie in.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Many Thanks,

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I had stayed in that place before the renovation so i knew that the stronger point is the location which is really one of the best in London.The stuff is really polite and friendly and the breakfast very good.Entering our room we noticed a bad smell the stuff could do nothing for that and finally we changed room after the first night.Both rooms were small, had tiny bathrooms(although deluxe rooms) with no hangers to hung your towel!!!!water coming out of the shower to the floor because of wrong leveling of the shower(first room problem) and carpet as floor in the rooms which is not something you expect to see in a todays renovation,and mostly for health reasons.Not satisfied with the balance of price and services.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Nikos A,

Thank you for your comment. I am sorry that your stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street wasn't able to meet your expectations. Unfortunately all of our rooms in the hotel has carpet in them. In regards to the problem you discovered in your first room was followed up by our house keeping team in which we had the carpet completely deep cleaned the next day. If you choose to stay with us again in the future please do contact me directly and I am happy to allocate you a very nice room for your stay.

I hope to hear from you.

Best Wishes

Guest Relation Manager
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I love this hotel. Have stayed there before on a Secret Hotel deal and returned this time as it had everything I needed for my weekend trip (1-3 August 2014). The staff are welcoming, the rooms are good size, clean and have everything you could need (except for toilet brushes....what is it with hotel's not having those??!!). The only slight issue I could report would be that the noise from the nearby pubs on Friday night was quite loud (not surprisingly as they were right under my window - room 705) so I kept the windows shut but the air con worked it's magic so I spent a comfy night. We also had an issue on Saturday night with a couple in a nearby room having a screaming argument at 3.30am which included a lot of banging doors. Not the hotel's fault so I didn't bothering asking reception to look into it but perhaps I should have as I'm sure I wasn't alone in being kept awake for quite a while. Will definitely be back here!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Sharon G,

Fantastic! I am so glad that you really enjoyed your stay with us at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer street Covent Garden. I am delighted to hear that all of our staff were welcoming and happy to help whenever needed. We like to make your stay feel as if you are at your home away from home with a special touch to it. I am sorry that the hotel doesn't provide toilet brushes I am not 100% sure why these were stopped within the hotel industry however it could have something to do with health and safety. I am sorry that you could hear the pubs from your room. I can ensure that all our windows are double glazed however please do contact me for your next visit and I will make sure you are allocated a room away from street noise.

Many thanks again for choosing our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you on arrival.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Booked just for two nights and thought this was an excellent hotel. It certainly is worth upgrading to one of the suites. Room 707 has panoramic views of the London Eye, Shard and the city. Beds were huge, very comfy. Room was very smart with modern art and a large seating area. Good shower and separate dressing room. Staff very pleasant and helpful. For the money one of the best rooms I have had in London for a long time. It's also in the perfect location, literally on 7 Dials in the heart of Covent Garden and Theatre land. I was very impressed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Paul W,

Thank you for your kind words. I am so delighted that you were able to upgrade to one of our beautiful suites. 707 is on the top floor so you are correct in what you say about the views. I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to make your stay that little bit more special.

Hope to see you again in the future.

Many Thanks,
England
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Great stay in a really great location perfect for our city break. Rooms were excellent and staff were attentive and helpful. The breakfast was delicious and my wife and i really enjoyed our time in the hotel. Thanks.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Grinna,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a message. I am delighted that you gave us a 5* rating. I am so glad to read that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us at our hotel. We do hope to see you again in the future. I am more than happy to help you make your next little city break to London so please do feel free to contact me directly.

Warm Regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 4 August 2014

What a fantastic hotel. Once inside we felt really special. From the front desk to checkout, nothing was too much, even for a one night stay. And the location was perfect for us to get to Covent Garden. Its not for a budget, but it is really lovely.

Looking forward to going back!

Room Tip: Our room was great. All overlook the tourist streets, and are quiet from 9 pm on.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Rich89857,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to make you feel very special. All of our members of staff are very happy to help whenever we can.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us at the Radisson Blu Mercer Street Covent Garden. Please contact me directly when making your next booking and I am happy to help.