“Classy, modern hotel”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel
Ranked #108 of 1,067 Hotels in London
“Classy, modern hotel”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Radisson Blu in Covent Garden, is set on a busy corner in Mercier Street. It has the feel of an updated Art Deco premises. Rooms well decorated and comfortable. Bathrooms exceptional, bath & poet shower. Lots of soft fluffy towels. Plenty of good quality toiletries, and large sink area to store one's own make-up etc. Free bottled water provide in rooms. Tea & coffee making facilities too. Staff very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Good security of having to use room card to use the lift. I did not eat in the hotel, so cannot comment on the food or service in the bar/restaurant.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank Juneh21 .
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Juneh21,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip advisor. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. The rooms and the hotel does have a very arty feeling to it throughout for example, we have interesting pictures, mask's and sculptures around the building not to mention our golden sheep in the lobby area.

We have very high cleaning standard at the Radisson Blu Edwardian. Therefore I am glad that you were happy with the standards which we follow within the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,
taylorc@radisson.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My wife and I decided to book the Hotel for our second honeymoon treat for one night due to the fact we have two little ones and could only make a short break of it.

We booked a luxury suite and I emailed ahead to the hotel to let them know we were there on honeymoon and to try to get an idea of what suite we actually had.

The communication via email was very prompt and polite.

We arrived earlier than expected and were greeted by two very polite reception staff who kindly told us that our room was ready so we could go straight up.

We went up to see the suite and my god was I impressed. We had the suite with the Cobra style shape bed which was massive and the dressing room and bathroom were also big and very luxurious. Large bath and big shower completely modern and clean to a high standard. We also had the smeg fridge stacked with goodies in the dressing room with all the usual bits like dressing table (with stage style lights) etc.

The TV/system in the lounge area is brilliant and we loved the simple remote control to navigate through the menus/channels.

The room was situated on the first floor right above reception and looks straight out onto the square, so brilliant view.

As for the bed you could get lost in it and extremely comfortable, even though it was only for a few hours as we decided to go for a few drinks and ended up in a club till the early hours :-)

When checking out they looked after our bags so we could go shopping for the whole of the next day.

We had breakfast included and we decided not to go for the items on the menu and went for fruit etc. but this is due to having a pretty bad hangover. The food that was served to the other guests looked pretty impressive just a shame I didn't have the stomach to try it.

Overall fantastic Hotel, luxury modern rooms, Best location.

Would definitely recommend Bloody brilliant

Dear Trevor K,

I am glad that you chose to book the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer street Covent Garden hotel to celebrate your second honeymoon treat. I am happy to learn that we were able to make your time special and enjoyable. We take great pleasure ensuring that we are able to make our guests feel comfortable and welcomed during their stay with us. Suite 117 is a lovely room to get as it feels like you are in the middle of the action within the hidden village of Covent Garden.

Please do feel free to contact me directly again when you would like to stay with us again as I am always happy to help make reservations or to answer any questions you may have.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kilsyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We had a weekend break in this hotel and on checking in we were offered to upgrade to a suite at a reduced rate, which we decided to do and I have to say it was well worth it. The room was lovely, a great size for a London hotel, it even had it's own separate dressing room. The rooms was very clean. We had some drinks and afternoon tea in the bar (you must pre-book for afternoon tea) again this was lovely if a little expensive 2 cocktails and afternoon tea set us back just under £100. The location is amazing, right on the corner of the Seven Dials which means you are a 5 minute walk from Covent Garden, Holdburn & Leicester Square (and all of these tube stations), there are lots of bars and cafes in the streets surrounding the hotel so lots of choice. I will most definitely stay here again when we go back to London.

Room Tip: Get as high a floor as you possibly can, it means if you open the window then you have less noise.
Dear Pammy0,

Thank you for choosing to stay with that Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer street. I am delighted to read your comment and to learn that you enjoyed your stay. The opportunity to upgrade to one of our suites is very lovely as you do get amazing views and a lot of space within the room to relax and enjoy the honesty bar which is located in the dressing room.

The hotel is in a perfect location as you are able to walk to about 7 different tube stations to reach the line needed. We are also surrounded by many shops, bars and restaurants.

I do hope we get the chance to welcome you back to the hotel soon. Please do feel free to contact me directly if you need any help making reservations or preferences for the booking.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed in a suite and wow !! It really was amazing!!
The location was perfect for shopping and theatres.
Staff were always friendly and efficient. The only negative was the bar/ restaurants food and drinks are very overpriced, the staff were still great though.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Reveiweressex,

I am so delighted to read your comment. I am glad your enjoyed your stay with us in one of our wonderful suites. I am happy that all of our staff members were helpful and welcoming. We do enjoy ensuring that all of our guests enjoy their stay with us whenever we can. I will pass your comment about the bar and restaurant to our restaurant manager.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

What a lovely hotel. Smiling friendly staff, clean rooms. It's situated right in the heart of Covent Garden, you can walk everywhere with ease. Wi Fi is free! We went to the opera house to see the Mariska ballet and it was a 5minute walk.

Room Tip: Go higher it's quieter. We were on the 4th floor but in any case there is virtually no traffic.
Dear SirGuyGiborne,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a comment. I am very happy to read that our staff greeted you with a warm and friendly smile. The hotel is in a very good location in terms of shopping, offices, coffee houses, theatres and many more. Everything is only a few minutes wonder through our lovely cultural streets.

I am glad that you chose to stay with us at the Mercer Street.

Best Wishes,

England
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My wife took me here for my birthday last week, its a wonderful hotel on Mercer street, brilliant location, 5 mins to Liecester square, 5 mins the other way to covent garden, lots of pubs restraunts right on your doorstep. Room was nice and big and upto date, it has a Apple tv/internet so you can just plug and play. Iron/ironing board and a safe in the room.
Check in was quick and easy, all workers were cheerful and ready to help with any requests. The 'Happy Birthday' card and Cake left in the room were a nice touch. The only thing that went wrong for us is that we asked for a late check out as we were going to have a bit of a lie in, unfourtunatley we had 2 wake up calls at 7 o clock, mistakes happen but they gave us a free breakfast which i must say if you have the money for it £20 ish it is well worth it.
All in all a very nice hotel in a very nice part of town (cobbled streets)

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Edvardono1,

Thank you for your wonderful comment. I am so delighted to read that you enjoyed your birthday whilst staying with us at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer street. The hotel is in a perfect location so that you are able to walk to shops, theatre's, coffee shops and many more. Everything is only a few minutes walk away.
I am happy that you liked your birthday cake and card which we left in the room for you. I hope it made your stay a little more special.
I am very sorry that you received two wake up calls on the morning which was planned for a lie in.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I had stayed in that place before the renovation so i knew that the stronger point is the location which is really one of the best in London.The stuff is really polite and friendly and the breakfast very good.Entering our room we noticed a bad smell the stuff could do nothing for that and finally we changed room after the first night.Both rooms were small, had tiny bathrooms(although deluxe rooms) with no hangers to hung your towel!!!!water coming out of the shower to the floor because of wrong leveling of the shower(first room problem) and carpet as floor in the rooms which is not something you expect to see in a todays renovation,and mostly for health reasons.Not satisfied with the balance of price and services.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Nikos A,

Thank you for your comment. I am sorry that your stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street wasn't able to meet your expectations. Unfortunately all of our rooms in the hotel has carpet in them. In regards to the problem you discovered in your first room was followed up by our house keeping team in which we had the carpet completely deep cleaned the next day. If you choose to stay with us again in the future please do contact me directly and I am happy to allocate you a very nice room for your stay.

I hope to hear from you.

Best Wishes