“Love at first sight”

GreenLeadersGold level
Auckland
“Love at first sight”
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We loved 'The Montague on the Gardens'. We were treated like royalty! The staff were exceptional and quickly new our names. When visiting London, this is the place to stay! Loved it!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JandT_xlant_Advntur
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, 14 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very nice comments following your stay at the Montague. I was especially pleased that you felt the staff were exceptional and they recognised you throughout your stay.

Thank you very much for your personal recommendation and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dirk Crokaert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (752)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 9 November 2011

This is a beautiful traditional hotel close to many sights and easy transportation. The room, a superior double was small but well appointed. The Afternoon Tea was a delightful experience not to be missed and the room service breakfast was scrumptuous. I also wish to give special thanks to Jorge, a young member of your Concierge Team that I encountered most often for all that he did for me while I was a guest at your hotel. His commitment to professionalism, along with his genuinely warm personality made him a pleasure to encounter everyday during my stay. Thanks to all the staff at The Montague on the Gardens for a remarkable stay, and to Jorge in particular for ensuring that though it was my first visit, it will not be my last.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank M B
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, 11 November 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your very kind comments regarding the hotel and especially Jorge, our Deputy Concierge.

We are very proud of our staff at The Montague and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to Jorge and that his service is duly recognised.

I am pleased to hear that you will be returning to The Montague in future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 November 2011

This hotel is outstanding. The staff are friendly, knowledgeable and discreet.
The rooms are very comfortable, quiet and stylish.
I won't stay anywhere else whenever I return to London.
In addition to all of this, the location is central and peaceful - pretty hard to find in London.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank jamie c
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely comments on your recent stay at The Montague and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

edinburgh
Reviewed 7 November 2011

After a first stay which was slightly disappointing, we returned a few months later : our perseverence could not have been better rewarded: whether you are looking for a quick meal before the theatre, late night drinks, or a full English breakfast., the Montague is ideally situated for thatre land, the Brtish Museum and much else besdes.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank herestaeus
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, 8 November 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments following your return trip to The Montague. I was delighted to hear that your visit on this occasion was a successful one and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2011

My Husband and I came to this hotel in September and stayed in a Superior King room and decided to re book for my Sisters wedding in November. We couldn't be happier with this hotel. The location is ideal, service is second to none, breakfast is delicious, ambience is very relaxed and has a feel of old style glamour to it.
On arrival we were upgraded to one of their junior suites and it was beautiful with everything you could wish for including a big corner bath and magazines in the lounge area and plenty of complimentary hot drinks to choose from. The concierge even lent my husband some cuff links as he forgot his! My Sister had her car parked for her by the concierge and the concierge service made this totally stress free by organising it all for her and bringing it back outside the hotel when she left for her honeymoon.
The only minor complaint I would make is that there was a very strong smell of cigarette smoke from the bar area in the evenings which I am thinking comes from a smoking area next to the bar which lingered whilst we were having a pre dinner drink but this is probably my ultra sensitive sense of smell! The bar snacks and piano music were very enjoyable. We will definitely revisit this wonderful hotel again on our next trip to London and will miss our Junior Suite! Thank you Montague for another wonderful stay :-)

• Stayed November 2011
Dear Guest

I was delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay at The Montague.

I was especially pleased to hear that we managed to upgrade you to one of our junior suites and that our Concierge was able to make your stay a stress free one.

Thank you for your comments regarding the smell of smoke from the Cigar Terrace. I have spoken to the bar team for them to ensure that the doors and windows are kept firmly shut at all times when this area is in use.

I am delighted that you will be returning to The Montague in future.

Reviewed 5 November 2011

We stayed during the really hot weekend at the start of October and The Monatgue was thankfully cool in every sense of the word. Every staff member was polite and helpful but not in a overly tutored manner. The hotel itself was relatively small but this added massively to it's charm, it is a genuinely cool hotel. The extra level of service we received due to our anniversary was the icing on the cake, scattering the candlelit room with petals and even leaving the radio on Heart FM. It's location made it quick and easy to head straight into the heart of London.Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Hussey-Mountain
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay at The Montague.

I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed our special anniversary turndown in the room and made your stay in London an occasion to remember.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ripon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We booked the Montague on the Garden near Russell Square as part of a theatre package deal, and therefore expected something fairly mediocre. To our pleasure we found this hotel to be marvellous: gracious 'old London' decor, with a bar and conservatory overlooking a pretty private garden. There was a welcoming atmosphere with friendly, very helpful staff; nothing seemed too much trouble for them. Our rooms were clean, comfortable and almost luxurious, but what I enjoyed most was that they had padded walls which made them soundproofed - couldn't hear anyone around me, or their doors, televisions, etc. Excellent breakfast and a special afternoon tea. I noticed that the regular tariff was quite expensive, but I think it would be well worth the cost to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karen B
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read your very kind comments about the hotel and its facilities and especially the service that you received.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the Montague soon.