“Excellent hotel”

The Montague on The Gardens
Ranked #11 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 November 2011

This delightful hotel is in a wonderful location, in Bloomsbury. Our room was most tastefully decorated and very comfortable. We enjoyed an excellent breakfast, and dinner on the terrace. Staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. The atmosphere was very welcoming and relaxing, and we do hope to have the opportunity to visit again. We strongly recommend The Montague as a perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind feedback on your recent stay at the Montague. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the various areas that our hotel has to offer and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Regards,

There are newer reviews for The Montague on The Gardens

Reviewed 11 November 2011

One of the best priced hotels ive stayed in, the service is impecable where most of the staff knew our names after being there only a very short time. Underground stations are very close and we didnt have to use cabs but once. I would recommend this hotel for business, leisure, kids. The breakfast was well worth the price as well.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We loved 'The Montague on the Gardens'. We were treated like royalty! The staff were exceptional and quickly new our names. When visiting London, this is the place to stay! Loved it!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JandT_xlant_Advntur
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very nice comments following your stay at the Montague. I was especially pleased that you felt the staff were exceptional and they recognised you throughout your stay.

Thank you very much for your personal recommendation and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2011

This is a beautiful traditional hotel close to many sights and easy transportation. The room, a superior double was small but well appointed. The Afternoon Tea was a delightful experience not to be missed and the room service breakfast was scrumptuous. I also wish to give special thanks to Jorge, a young member of your Concierge Team that I encountered most often for all that he did for me while I was a guest at your hotel. His commitment to professionalism, along with his genuinely warm personality made him a pleasure to encounter everyday during my stay. Thanks to all the staff at The Montague on the Gardens for a remarkable stay, and to Jorge in particular for ensuring that though it was my first visit, it will not be my last.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank M B
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your very kind comments regarding the hotel and especially Jorge, our Deputy Concierge.

We are very proud of our staff at The Montague and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to Jorge and that his service is duly recognised.

I am pleased to hear that you will be returning to The Montague in future.

Reviewed 9 November 2011

This hotel is outstanding. The staff are friendly, knowledgeable and discreet.
The rooms are very comfortable, quiet and stylish.
I won't stay anywhere else whenever I return to London.
In addition to all of this, the location is central and peaceful - pretty hard to find in London.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank jamie c

Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely comments on your recent stay at The Montague and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2011

After a first stay which was slightly disappointing, we returned a few months later : our perseverence could not have been better rewarded: whether you are looking for a quick meal before the theatre, late night drinks, or a full English breakfast., the Montague is ideally situated for thatre land, the Brtish Museum and much else besdes.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank herestaeus
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments following your return trip to The Montague. I was delighted to hear that your visit on this occasion was a successful one and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2011

My Husband and I came to this hotel in September and stayed in a Superior King room and decided to re book for my Sisters wedding in November. We couldn't be happier with this hotel. The location is ideal, service is second to none, breakfast is delicious, ambience is very relaxed and has a feel of old style glamour to it.
On arrival we were upgraded to one of their junior suites and it was beautiful with everything you could wish for including a big corner bath and magazines in the lounge area and plenty of complimentary hot drinks to choose from. The concierge even lent my husband some cuff links as he forgot his! My Sister had her car parked for her by the concierge and the concierge service made this totally stress free by organising it all for her and bringing it back outside the hotel when she left for her honeymoon.
The only minor complaint I would make is that there was a very strong smell of cigarette smoke from the bar area in the evenings which I am thinking comes from a smoking area next to the bar which lingered whilst we were having a pre dinner drink but this is probably my ultra sensitive sense of smell! The bar snacks and piano music were very enjoyable. We will definitely revisit this wonderful hotel again on our next trip to London and will miss our Junior Suite! Thank you Montague for another wonderful stay :-)

• Stayed: November 2011

Dear Guest

I was delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay at The Montague.

I was especially pleased to hear that we managed to upgrade you to one of our junior suites and that our Concierge was able to make your stay a stress free one.

Thank you for your comments regarding the smell of smoke from the Cigar Terrace. I have spoken to the bar team for them to ensure that the doors and windows are kept firmly shut at all times when this area is in use.

I am delighted that you will be returning to The Montague in future.